Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Got banded in Springfield MO??

I have now made it through two days on the pre-op diet. Tonight has been easier than last night. I just had a Protein hot chocolate from the Healthy Weight Supermarket. It was very good.

Maziemommy, thank you for the encouragement. The fruit I use in the shake is frozen. They said the vanilla will go with any fruit but the chocolate you should only use frozen strawberries. I really like the vanilla with frozen mixed fruit. If you ever want to try it I could give you a sample of the whey Protein. We have both vanilla and chocolate. The container is large and is around $40 after discount. It makes about 40 so it is only around $1 per shake.

Tonight has been easier than last night.

I hope everybody is being careful in the snow.

Hi - I'm Debbie. I had lap-band surgery on 2/19/07. I've lost 65-68 lbs. (depends on the day). I haven't lost anything in the past probably 6 weeks. But I know it's my own fault because I'm totally not eating right.:party: Dr. Edwards did my surgery and I think highly of him. I've had zero problems and the surgery was quite honestly very easy for me.

Anyway, I know a couple of people on here (maziemommy and bad sheepy) so I thought I'd come on here. I lurk on another board but most of them are bypass patients so don't truly understand what we experience.

Nice to "meet" you all.

Hello everyone! Happy Feb. 2008(tomorrow)!

Hey Debbie... Great to see ya' here and.. Welcome to this one!

Princess just started her pre-op diet-

and hollygurl is not yet scheduled-

There are several others around too but, I have not had an update from others recently...

As you know I am busy with Mom still being in the hospital... Medicated stent placement tomorrow a.m. Wish her luck - please.

I'm working with Mary over at Dr. Edwards' office on an appointment and approval from my insurance company. I'm anxious to get the surgery and start losing weight. I have a lot of co-morbidities. I'm 54, 275 lbs, BMI is 42.

I went to the seminar three weeks ago.

SpringfieldMO... WELCOME.... what co-morbidities do you have? Hope they all go away with weight loss. Do you have a schedule for the day-class yet?

Princess - how are you doing on the liquid diet? When is your surgery? If I'm calculating right you're probably about to start your week of full liquids? As maziemommy said, it's rough. I found the 2nd week the hardest of all and was getting a little cranky by the end of that week. But it's so worth it! Dr. Edwards is a great surgeon. I had a relatively easy surgery (slept in my own bed from the first night). I'm coming up on my 1 year mark - if I can be of any help too, don't hesitate to task. Kimberly is a great wealth of information too - we have "known" each other since right before her surgery last year.

Hi, SpringfieldMO - I think you'll find Mary to be a great help during this whole process. She was instrumental in me getting everything "just right" so my insurance approved. Welcome to the board.

The liquid diet is still going good. I start my full liquids on Wednesday, Feb 6. The only thing that is saving me is that I get to eat one small meal a day. I am trying to keep my calories low so I will not be too hungry during the full liquid week. I have already lost about 7.5 ponds since Wednesday! Yea! Today I went to a movie with my mom and friends and that was hard when everyone was eating popcorn but I hung in there. I am just getting excited for February 13. My journal I started is really helping me. I hope everyone is doing good. :rolleyes:

Princess- sounds fantastic so far... you can do it.

After I get in to the Dentist -soon- we should grab a smoothie or some sushi... might depend on if before or after the 6th? I've never been to the Smoothie King have you? I would have to trust you on the Sushi places... lol. Keep us posted with how you are doing with the liquids... 7.5 pounds down!!!!!!! WOW!!!!! Great job so far!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Maziemommy- I have been to the Smoothie King but it was several years ago. I remember the smoothie being very good. I think that sounds like fun! In my opionin Haruno is the best place for sushi. I do not like the raw pieces. I am affraid after I get banded that I will not be able to have sushi because of the sticky rice.

Keep me posted on your Dentist appointment. What are you having done? I hate going to the Dentist. I was lucky to have straight teeth and I never had to have braces. I wish I had the same luck with other problems with my teeth. I had a root canal in college and then had more problems with it a couple of years ago. Good luck with the dentist.

Not sure yet what needs to be done... my sister is a dental surgeon assistant. She took a peek, and so did her boss, he said no surgery now- so see regular DDS. I had an appointment scheduled a couple weeks ago, but issues with Mom at hospital caused cancellation. Now I am desperate, and in serious pain!

I'll keep you posted. I'm hoping for an emergency appointment Monday. :rolleyes:

Hi Maziemommy:

If you have any problems getting in to see your dentist, try Dr Rosen. His office is at 2740 S Glenstone Ave. When I first went to see him it was on an emergency basis and they were able to fit me in.

Good luck.

Karen

I m near Harrison Arkansas and was wondering if I could find a Dr to fill nearer than San Antonio----lol. good to know

Haven't written in a while. This week On Thursday I had the Excercise Consult and the Nutrition Consult. It went well. Very informative!! I was shocked how out of breathe I got just walking at a normal pace for 6 minutes. GEEZ!!! :)

I hope that we can have sushi after getting the band, cause i love sushi! Does anyone know? Anyways I am having the Psych Eval on the 13th of this month. I am kindof nervous about it. Im afraid they are going to try and use my depression, bad eating habits / sortof food addiction... against me or something so I can't have the surgery. I'm sure I'm just being crazy and everything will be fine. Anyways I will keep in touch!! Laterzz.

I think it depends on the person whether you will be able to eat sushi. I do remember Dr. Edwards saying that you will probably have problems with sticky rice, which is around sushi. I have a friend who had the lap band and she can not eat sushi. She is almost two years out. I love sushi but I figure that sushi does not taste as good as being thin and healthy.

Hollygurl - What is your favorite sushi restaurant? Mine is Haruno. I think your psychological evaluation will be fine. I think they just want to let you know where you may struggle to help you mentally be prepared for the surgery. They also want to make sure that you are sane enough to make the decision to have lap band surgery. I hope that helps.:)