Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Got banded in Springfield MO??

Maziemommy - I would like to get to talk to you before my surgery. You are definitely an inspiration and have so much knowledge. Let me know if you have time where we could get together or even talk on the phone.

Thanks,

Princess21 (Kimberly)

I just had my first visit with Dr. Edwards on Tuesday the 22nd. I have scheduled the Nutrition thing and the Excercise thing next week. I am excited!!!! Where is the healthy supermarket place u guys were talking about?? Also I was going to ask u (Mazzie) if u excercise alot. Has that helps u loose the weight? I am weighing in at 355 right now so i am close to what u were when u started. I guess i am just a little nervous that I won't loose weight or that I will still pig out on chocolate or fast food. Is it impossible to do that?? Cause in a way I need it to be impossible. I can be disciplined but it would be ALOT easier if it was impossible for me to eat the way I do now!!! Just drop me a line whenever! Thanks :smile:~

I believe the healthy weight supermarket is on Republic Road, just west of Fremont (southside of road).

Glad to see you are going for it. I attended a Dr. Edwards seminar Monday night and got pumped up. Checking to see if insurance will cover everything right now!

i actually have checked into all the insurance stuff. My insurance through United Health Care is paying 90% of the surgery through St. Johns!!!! Isn't that awesome? The first visit I had with Dr. Edwards was going to be $301 dollars and they paid all but $30 for that visit I just had and they are paying for the surgery!!!

I just had my first visit with Dr. Edwards on Tuesday the 22nd. I have scheduled the Nutrition thing and the Excercise thing next week. I am excited!!!! Where is the healthy supermarket place u guys were talking about?? Also I was going to ask u (Mazzie) if u excercise alot. Has that helps u loose the weight? I am weighing in at 355 right now so i am close to what u were when u started. I guess i am just a little nervous that I won't loose weight or that I will still pig out on chocolate or fast food. Is it impossible to do that?? Cause in a way I need it to be impossible. I can be disciplined but it would be ALOT easier if it was impossible for me to eat the way I do now!!! Just drop me a line whenever! Thanks :frown:~

Hi, it's late so I'll quick reply... Congratulations on beginning...

I do not exercise A LOT.. but YES I DO EXERCISE some. I wish more.. it does make a big difference.!!!

On my way home tonight, I felt like pigging out (home from visiting someone in the hospital).. I stopped at Taco Bell.. got one taco supreme/no lettuce/no tomatoes... "wolfed" it down in 10 minutes, and trashed the last four bites. lol

Chocolate... does go down easy... one "kiss"/tiny piece at a time -no bars allowed for me.

I thought about a big mac... no buns/no lettuce... etc... but too hard to use a fork while driving at mid-night. lol Funny but true!

I'm an open book.. ask me anything, and from my perspective/experience I'll tell you more than you want to know. Good luck and great health... Kimberly:)

hollygurl,

Are you going to the day seminar this Monday? That is my last item to complete before surgery on 2-13. I start my pre-op diet this Wednesday on 1-30.

I hope everybody is doing good. I am getting very nervous. I am a little scared of the pre-op diet. Did anyone have problems with the two week pre-op diet?

Kimberly :lol:

I have allready gone to the seminar. That was the first thing I did. This next week I am doing the excercise consult and nutrition consult. I am also scheduling my psych eval in the next couple days also. So I am getting close to being ready!!!! I am ready now! I was a little nervous that I would have a hard time loosing weight because i'm at 356 pounds. I read on other forums that some people said that you only loose around 100 pounds. Is that True?? I hope not. I know that when I start taking weight off, that I will have a desire to excercise but right now I have no desire whatsoever. So I hope that I don't have to work my butt off to loose weight cause I have never stuck to anything like that.

Mazzie - Have u had a pretty easy time loosing the weight? I guess i am nervous and being skeptical. Help me out! please. I guess I wanted to ask you cause you were close to what I am weighing when u started.

The all-day seminar is different than the first seminar you went to. It is an all day behavioral class. It is one thing that has to be completed before surgery. I would have been able to have my surgery earlier if I the day class would have been offered before now. I think they only offer the day long class once a month.

I am getting so excited about the surgery. I am just so worried about doing okay on the pre-op diet. I am cleaning out my pantry this weekend to get rid of any food that I can not have during the pre-op diet or the post-op diet. My dh has happily agreed to eat at my mom's house during the pre-op diet so I do not have to be around people eating meals while I am just having liquids. My husband and my mom have been so great and supportive. Four more days until pre-op diet and only around 2.5 weeks until surgery. Yea!!!:hurray:

Oh i see. When u said seminar, I thought you meant the seminar you go to at the beginning. I was going to go to the behavioral class coming up but Mary at Dr. Edwards office said that the January one is full and I would have to wait till the February class :hurray: Oh well, I am going to call her on Monday just to make sure I can't slip in this one coming up.

late reply... to Hollygurl...

Yes and No... it has been frustrating, and slow at times ...

but, looking back I have to say, easiest/fastest/only 100 pounds I've ever lost! lol

Does that make sense? Some behavior changes are coming naturally, and some are... difficult.

When the scale seems stuck, and I am "doing all the right stuff".. it makes me feel like I could - again- be failing.

Then the scale finally takes off a few pounds and I feel successful.

The emotional part is a roller coaster... but my weight loss has been "down hill steady", while my health and abilities are gaining ground!

Some days when I reflect... I see and feel, an amazing difference.

Some days when I look in the mirror... I still see a "fat girl".

Some days... I feel great that I am half way to goal..100# gone.

And some days it is simply that I still need to lose 100# more, to look and feel normal.

Thanks for the reply. I knew that I would probably have some trouble getting used to being thinner. I night try going to the support group if I feel I need to. I need to loose at least 150 to 200 pounds. I been overweight since I was 5 years old and it will be a MAJOR change in my life to be a normal weight and could definetely be hard to deal with. I am really excited!!! I will have ALL my appointments done by February 25th and then all I have to do is plan my final appointment with Dr. Edwards and schedule my surgery date.

Hollygurl... keep us updated, and let us know when you get your surgery date. Find some liquid Protein that you can tolerate/enjoy.. it will help when the time comes.

AND... Princess is today , day 1 of pre-op diet? update please.

The liquid diet has been tough. I do not mind drinking the liquid Protein shakes. The one small meal a day is what is saving me right now. Next week it will be all Protein Shakes. I was really hungry last night but thank goodness I did not give into temptation. So far I have done everything to the book. (It has only been a 1.5 days) Does it get better? I keep telling myself that the liquid diet is a short time. I can not wait until surgery!!!

I got a new journal and pen to match. I have been writing down everything I eat in the journal. I thought this would help me stay focused, plus the journal is very cute and that always helps.

I really enjoyed the behavioral class. I am glad that the class was so close to me starting the pre-op diet.

One of the Protein Shakes that I found that I like a lot besides the Resses shake is a fruit Protein Shake. The Protein is whey protein in the big container at Healthy Weight Supermarket. You add 1 cup of fruit and 1 cup of skim milk to the shake. It is very yummy! Will I be able to have this Protein Shake after surgery?

I really enjoyed the behavioral class. I am glad that the class was so close to me starting the pre-op diet.

One of the Protein shakes that I found that I like a lot besides the Resses shake is a fruit Protein Shake. The Protein is whey protein in the big container at Healthy Weight Supermarket. You add 1 cup of fruit and 1 cup of skim milk to the shake. It is very yummy! Will I be able to have this protein shake after surgery?

You should be able to have these after surgery... but things may have changed... better to check, than be sorry.

Are you using frozen fruit, thawed, canned, or fresh... In your "shake"? Sounds good to me I may try it.

Have you found any pre-made shakes that you like ? Mine = Atkins choc. delight :frown:

I wish I could say that the pre-op diet got easier for me week 2, but- I would be lying. Just think 2 weeks to better health! Keep posting, and we can help get you through this. ((((hugs)))))