Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Got banded in Springfield MO??

Thank you very much grannyk... how have you been doing? It's good to see that you check in now and again.

Anyone else gain a couple over the Holidays? I'm getting a fill Thursday.

Maziemommy - How is your fill?

I finally have a sugery date. I will be getting the lapband on Wednesday, February 13. I am so excited and nervous all at the same time. I had my last appointment on Tuesday with Dr. Edwards and got preadmitted. I have my day class on January 28.

I forgot about the group meeting on last Monday night. I was planning on going but I forgot all about it when Monday rolled around. I hope everyone is doing good.:smile:

My fill is ... acting up.

They gave me a total fill of 2.7 a month before, and I got NOTHING from it.. quite frankly, I was starving ( I thought lol )

this time I went in, and they removed a "measurable fill" of only 2.2..

gave me 1/2 cc.. with my total fill ending up being 2.7 -AGAIN! What's up with that? I was really starting to worry, as I was not feeling restriction again, even after 3 days... today... RESTRICTION. My restriction "varies/changes" a little for 2 weeks after a fill... but this is just weird.

Princess----------I am so happy for you! Sooner is always better than never. Congratulations on getting a date. When do you start the pre-op diet? Do you have a plan, tried any shakes etc...?

Hi Mazie

Sorry you are having so much trouble. I go for my first fill on the 24th and I'm so afraid I still will be starving. I have gained back about 2 pounds of the 13 I had lost - I'm getting REALLY frustrated. So does Dr Edwards have any reason why the band doesn't seem to be working right for you?

Good luck in your weight loss battle!!

I did see him just before my most recent fill... and thought, my 5th fill didn't do anything, because I was on my TOM. When that goes away, my band is always looser. But, then they only could measure 2.2 cc's, and I was wondering if I may have a leak? Seems much better now... but I will be keeping an eye on it.

Great to hear from you again. And before a fill you need time to focus on healing, not weightloss.... you are doing great!

Hi again, MazieMommy

I guess I should have looked at your diet ticker before making the statement that the lap band wasn't working right for you - you've lost over 100 pounds!! Wow! I've just been getting discouraged but that really lifted my spirits!!

LOL!!

Hi again, MazieMommy

I guess I should have looked at your diet ticker before making the statement that the lap band wasn't working right for you - you've lost over 100 pounds!! Wow! I've just been getting discouraged but that really lifted my spirits!!

LOL!!

Anything I could help you with... I don't want you to be discouraged. This has been a "life saver" for me.

How often do they normally do fills? Looks like you had one every two or three weeks at first. And how expensive are they? I too am self pay - didn't think about all these extra expenses!!

How often do they normally do fills? Looks like you had one every two or three weeks at first. And how expensive are they? I too am self pay - didn't think about all these extra expenses!!

Good Morning Grannyk:

If you're going through St John's, fills are free for the first year for self pay patients.

Good luck!

:(

She is right ... Dr. Edwards' self-payers, get a free year, of basic after care.

You should be able to schedule fills as you think you need them... I always wait two or more weeks.

Are you Dr.Edwards patient? or going somewhere else?

grannyk.... they give a tiny little shot to kill the pain first.. so no, not painfull but you can feel, "Pressure", I guess:redface:. Good luck with fill #1. Let me know how it goes!!!

princess.... Have you been to the healthyweightsupermarket yet?:(

*I buy the bottles with powder in them... you just add Water and shake! Aspertame free, and no clumpy texture. Awesome to keep in the "car", grab a drive thru- ice Water and ... instant Protein drink. They add great Protein if you are running short. But not as filling as shakes - best between meals or between Meal Replacements. Better taste and protein than plain water.

**Most "filling" shake for me, is made from H W Supermarket, pudding/shake mix.... if you like Peanut Butter cups... you should love this.

RESSES SHAKES..............................................

1 pack choc. pudding/shake powder

1/2 cup cottage cheese (low/no fat-depends on how "good" you are)

1 cup water

1 cup ice

1 spoon Peanut Butter (low/no fat - depends on how "good" you are)

blend to desired consistancy... I like mine very smooth with no traces of cottage cheese texture, or ice chips.

***My favorite "canned shake" would be Atkins advantage/chocolate delight... not a lot of carbs... some are filled with carbs, or just taste too sweet for me. Sam's club is cheaper than any I can find. Case of 12 for $13.xx I think. I still drink one almost every day, others I tried had too many carbs, were too sweet, or too Syrup like, to drink daily, often or ever.

If you find something that is wonderful... fill me in, I still need to suppliment my protein some days, and would like to not waste money shopping around.

Maziemommy - I went to the healthyweightsupermarket today. I really enjoyed talking to the guy working there. He was so informative. I do not remember his name. He really helped me out. I got some hot chocolate. I will let you know how that taste. I also got some bars to try. (I will use them once I get to eat solids). I got the chocolate/pudding mix to try out the recipe you gave me. I also got the whey Protein in vanilla. It is very big but my husband wants to make some shakes, too. He does not have any weight to loose but the gentleman working at the supermarket even got my husband and my mom excited about eating better. Have you ever tried the meals they have at the healthyweightsupermarket?

I am getting so excited for my sugery date, February 13. Today I went walking at the gym. I wanted to exercise for the last two weeks but I have been getting over a bad cold. Today I felt better. Maziemommy how is your mom doing?

Princess, Mom is still in the hospital, may come home in a week. She still needs a re- triple bypass.

What a wonderful Val-day gift to you- HEALTH!

yes yes yes... HWsupermarket... I just love that guy(can't remember his name either). I love the Hot Choc. I just got some with cinnamon? They have the frozen meals... is that what you are talking about? Manicotti!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! GOOD!!!!!! Those meals were good for when I was on the 1st week of pre-op diet.. "2 liquid, and 1 solid meal"- week. Did you try the "shaker" drinks? Lemon-razzy my favorite. I am NOT a fan of soy crisps.. they look like rice crispy...NOT. I'm a 'texture issue person". This does not apply to everyone apparently. Most(not all) soy crisps leave a grainy feeling in my mouth. Taste fine though.

Hope that "cold" is long gone tomorrow. Later, Kimberly