Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Got banded in Springfield MO??

Hi all:

Just checking in on everyone. Seems like there's been alot of good news lately.

Hollygurl: I'm so glad you got your approval. Let us know when you get your surgery date. When you start your liquid phase, check out the entrenet whey Protein at the Healthy Weight Supermarket. Pricey, but not bad at all. It's the only one I have been able to drink, and I haven't had any problems with hunger. I'm actually having a hard time getting the 700-800 calories Dr. Edwards suggests because I am satisfied with 3 drinks a day which is only 330 calories. Also, have a safe trip. I will be praying for your father and his recovery. Let us know how the surgery went.

Lindao1: keep us posted on your progress.

TabithaH: Thanks for the tip on the fabric shop. I plan on checking it out on Monday. I have two weeks off for my surgery, and I'm hoping to feel well enough to get started on a quilt.

Kimberly: What's new with you? Do you go to the support group often, and if so, are there usually a lot of people there? I would like to go to one, but I get really anxious around a big crowd of people. After the behav. mod. class, I realized that a support group would probably be benifical for me, so I may need to just get over that feeling.

I really enjoy reading everyones posts. It's nice to know there are others out there going through the same thing and succeeding. It's a great inspiration!

Till Later,

Kathy

Thank you so much Maziemommy for the support, and all of you other wonderful people also!

Expect Dr. Edwards to set my surgery date at my second appt with him

this Thursday the 13th. Will let you all know then. Can't wait. Hope you are all doing well. Am planning on going to support group also Kathy. I also am not big on large crowds. Am going anyway! lol Would love to meet you all in person.

Keep up all the good work ladies.

Linda

Hi Linda,

Hi Kathy.......

AND EVERYONE!

I have been to a couple of support group meetings, and I would not say they have ever been "BIG groups"... last time was only 6 of us? Some times I've seen more.. but, never so many I became uncomfortable. Also, knowing we're all there for the same reasons, is comforting to my self conscience issues too. maybe I'll meet you at one soon? Good luck. Kimberly

Ok ladies,

Tomorrow is when I see Dr. Edwards and get my surgery date! I am so excited.

Have been reading post about pre-band, post band, horrible things that can happen.... I am trying to read EVERYTHINg. My hubby says maybe I have been reading too much. lol I go from excited, to worried, to frightened, to excited etc.

Alot of the weight losses I have been reading about are slower then what they said at Drs.

Were any of you at the new beginnings support group Monday evening? Princess 21 and I (maziemommy) went. Did we "see" anyone else and not know it?

Linda- Good luck with your appointment tomorrow! Post update soon.

Mary called this morning and said I've been approved!!! Dr Edwards' office will call me tomorrow to schedule the final consult where he will set the date for surgery. Happy happy happy happy!!!

hello everyone,

Sorry its been quite awhile since I've been on here - but have enjoyed reading everyones posts. I've just been really low and discouraged. I had surgery on December 17th, have had 2 fills with the 3rd scheduled next week, and weigh 1 pound more than I did when I went in in for surgery. I have returned to the old way of taking diet pills to control my appetite - but I'm starved all the time and can eat anything with no restriction. I feel like I am on a very strict diet (which has never worked in the past). I don't seem to see anyone else having these problems, so is it possible my surgery was a failure? I'd sure hate to think I spent $17000.00 for NOTHING!! Never in any of the meetings I attended did I hear that this might not work, especially if I was doing everything I am supposed to be doing? I thought there was finally light at the end of the tunnel - but maybe not???

Anyone got any advice? I don't mean to be a grumbler and sure don't want to discourage anyone who hasn't yet had the surgery, but I don't know where else to turn.

HELP!!!

Mary called this morning and said I've been approved!!! Dr Edwards' office will call me tomorrow to schedule the final consult where he will set the date for surgery. Happy happy happy happy!!!

Wonderful! I am so happy for you. Please keep us all posted ok.

Forgot to tell you I got my band date set today:

APRIL 07:thumbup:

Congratulations!!! We'll both be losers soon. :)

Grannyk...

Please don't get discouraged:frown:. It can be VERY frustrating :mad:at the point where you are. I think we all feel similar to that at different times in our journey.

I had been so excited about getting surgery, and then... the wait for first fill... and I felt no restriction... :confused:when, will this work if it's gonna' I thought?

I did lose on my pre-op diet... but from surgery April 2 (343#), to first fill, 5-17 (335#) I was highly motivated and used up all my "will power"... :scared2:went for second fill 5-31 (332#) and had lost maybe 3 pounds !!!!!! :cursing:$#()@#!@$^^*(@#$$!:cursing: that's it... I had been trying so hard, :eek:and didn't want to feel like I was "hard core" dieting the rest of my life. Well, went for fill three... 6-21 and my weight was... 330#.... :angry_smile: ARE THEY KIDDING ME? Third fill -ALREADY- and only lost 5 pounds.... I'm going to Max out my band... and to lose about 15 pounds? for $17,000 ... :confused2:what was I thinking?

Long story "short":blushing:... April 2-08 will be my "bandaversary"... down 120#!

I try to follow all the rules, some of the time,

Most of the rules, most of the time,

and get in some extra activity, and exercise.

Some days I do great, some OK, and some... well I'm still human -and that's OK!:blush:

Each day, each choice, I try to do better. I didn't make bad choices and gain 200 pounds over night, I can't make great choices, and lose 200 pounds overnight either.

I guess what I'm trying to say is, hang in there. Give it time. Get the fills you need. If you even think you might need a fill- get one! Stay active if you can, and increase that activity level regularly. Don't give up. Pray for spring time to bring sunny days, to help "cheer" us all up:regular_smile:.

Keep posting here- often- and if you need a boost- get in touch. I'm as good for cyber hugs:wub:, as mush as, cyber kicks in the butt too:tt2:! lol Just know that you should love yourself through all of this... some times the only people we can depend on ... is ourselves. You need to love you, at all times.:wub::wub::wub::wub::wub:

SO- sending some cyber love your way! I'll be thinking of you. Kimberly

Hi Kimberly,

Thanks so much for the encouraging words. I know its not going to happen overnight but it would sure help if I'd at least start losing a few pounds!! I'm in the public eye quite a bit - gospel singer - so I'm looking forward to seeing results! It sure helps to chat with someone who knows what I'm going through. So thanks again - and God Bless!!:angry_smile:

I was still hoping to be banded by the end of the month, but Dr Edwards is on vacation till 4/1. I'll see him then for my final consult and get my surgery date.