Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Got banded in Springfield MO??

Congratulations Tabitha! I'm so happy to hear you are doing well after surgery. Hopefully, you won't have too much pain. I started having pain at the port site about 5 days after surgery, and after 5 weeks, it still hurts some...mostly when I exercise. Dr. Edwards said it was because they actually stitch the port to the muscle...which I didn't realize they did. But, it makes sense that it would hurt a little, if that is the case. Anyway, he said it will get better over time.

I got my first fill today. I'm so excited!! I had gotten to the point that I could eat pretty much anything without having any problems....so I definitely need the restriction to keep me from eating too much!

I haven't lost any weight since my surgery on 7/27...which I was fine with until I went to the Dr. today and saw a lady that had her surgery 2 days before me and she has lost 10 lbs since surgery. I know you're not supposed to compare yourself to others....but I just wish I was making more progress. Hopefully the fill will help me out!!!

Paula

Thanks Paula! I really haven't had any pain at all other than the uncomfortableness of the gas. I do have a bit of soreness at the port muscle, but it was only bad (meaning more than now) for a day or two after surgery. Now it just feels like a muscle that has been working out. And, I notice it when I sneeze or cough.

I got on my scales tonight and I don't really think I've lost any since surgery either. I have a doc appt. tomorrow (not Edwards) so I'll know then. I have to admit that I will be a bit upset if I have not lost anything. With only liquids there should be some reward. :phanvan

Congrats on the fill. Let me know how it goes. I won't get mine until around 10/10...at least that is what I counted as 6 weeks. I'm ready to get started. At this point, I'm just ready for something other than liquids!:hungry:

I know what you mean about the liquids! I had to wait 11 days until my first post-op appointment. Dr. Edwards had told me in the office that I only had to be on liquids for 1 week, but my post-surgery instructions said "liquids only" until my first appointment. I even called the office to see if I really had to stay on liquids for 11 days, and they said yes! I was SO tired of liquids!!!! Now I'm back on them since I had the fill, but it's not so bad this time.

Paula

That's exactly my situation - my appt is 13 days post-op. Last night I decided to try refried Beans. I added a lot of Water to make them as liquidy as I could and added a bit of mild sauce to flavor them up a bit and it was really good! That will be dinner again tonight. With that I think I'll be okay until Tuesday. ;) I need the variety and I'm really tired of the sweet protien shakes, and Soup is getting a bit old.

Is anyone going to the support group meeting on Monday? I'm considering it, but don't really want to go by myself.

I think I might go to the meeting. I've been wanting to go, but I have to drive from the Joplin area and it takes me over an hour to get there...so that's kind of a pain. I probably won't go every month...but I think it would be good for me to go sometimes.

I'm going to plan on going this Monday....tell me again what time the meeting starts. Is it in the same room as the all-day workshop?

I hope to see some of you there!!

Paula

Paula - the information I saw said the meeting was from 5:3-7:00. I'm planning to go, but not sure that I will stay until 7pm.

Tabitha

Hi Jill!! Welcome!! I'm from the Joplin area too! Tabitha was in my all day workshop class and we just "officially" met at the support group meeting last night!! Small world!

Congratulations on getting a surgery date....and good luck with the liquids. It's hard, but it will be over before you know it!

Paula

Welcome Jill! Your surgery is coming right up! Good for you.

It was good meeting Tabitha, Paula and Barb at the meeting last night. Great to put faces to the names. :-)

Hi everyone!!! Boy did I miss an encounter or what? How was the meeting? I have been considering attending at least one.

I did not mean to exclude UN5-3051-sorry- in my last post. How are you doing? Hope you are feeling great.

Paisley- you sounded fantastic on the phone! Hope everthing is still good. I will call soon, to stop by.

Welcome to all others!!!!!!

I recently met a "mini"/major- goal for me.......my weight no longer begins with a 3.... I was 367# in Feb. at my semiar for the band... now I am 297#....woooohooooo! I am down 70#!!!!!!!!!

Keep up the work and keep down the forks!!! lol.... And keep in mind that the 6 weeks following surgery, is not for weight loss... it is recovery !!!