Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Got banded in Springfield MO??

I know this is going to sound bad, but I have my pre-op appt tomorrow and I really have no questions to ask doc. I feel like I should be asking something, but I have done so much research that all of my questions have been answered. So, I was wondering if you all might be willing to share the questions you had - maybe there is something I'm not thinking of.

Thanks!

Ask him if they stitch the band to your stomach.

When can you go swimming?

When will they let you start your regular meds & Vitamins?

Will they use staples or stitches on your incisions?

Those are questions I had, everyones Dr on here seems to have a different approach. Different length or preop/postop liquid diets and so on.

2bthinagn - thanks for the questions. Between the all-day class we had to do and the hours of reading on this site and others, most of my other questions were answered. I did have the one about meds on my list. I will just see what comes to mind as we talk tomorrow.

Thanks for the input!

So I was wondering if this Dr. has some kind of payment plan?? I had tried to have the lapband at a clinic in KC but they turned me down because I have had previous abdominal surgeries. I was wondering if anyone know if this Dr. would help me? How do I get in touch with his office? Thanks

Tabitha--- that is awsome!!!! The 31st will be here in NO time flat! That is great news!

Dr. Edwards office number is 417 820 3800. They have information in the "packet" from capitoal one healthcare and some local lenders, but St. John's does not do any payment options at this time. He has sen patients with other abodominal issues so--- give him a call.

Well, my surgery date has been moved up to the 29th!! The ins. co. didn't want to pay for it to be done at the Surgery Center so I have to have it at the hospital. I'm not really complaining about that as long as they are paying, but I had to start my 'week before surgery liquids' two days early! The first week wasn't so bad since I could have a small meal...I'm not really enjoying this week tho. I'm almost tired of Protein Shakes and jello!

I am using Atkins and I bought vanilla and chocolate Protein powder to make my own. I just bought the kind they have a wal-mart. It has 46g/23g for 2 scoops/1 scoop. I add different flavored extracts and fruit. They are really good!! I have to say though, I prefer the vanilla Protein Powder over the chocolate.< /p>

I've also started blending different kinds of Soup to drink at night. I just bought a Magic Bullet - MUCH easier to clean up after than the blender - and it is wonderful! It will turn chunky Soup into pure liquid in no time.

Hi all! I have a treadmill that has been taking up space in my house for a couple of years - and no, I have never used it. It is FREE to anyone who wants it and can come pick it up.

I have a local charity scheduled for a pick up on Saturday, 9/1/07, so it will be here until then. I'm going to let them take it if no one wants it.

:clap2: Paisley-- :bounce: --please do tell all the details of how your surgery went!!!!

Hope you are feeling fine-recovering well-:notagree-and pain free!

Are you feeling the after surgery restriction from "swelling and irritation"?

It did not take long for me to be hungry again after surgery-- so just be aware-- :hungry: the hunger may come......

I can't wait for a full update!:whoo:

ANYONE ELSE HAVE NEWS OR ANYTHING TO SHARE??;)

Thinking of you all --daily!

Hi Mazie! The surgery went very well and I'm feeling pretty good at this point. The only real trouble I had was some nausea from the anesthesia for a couple of days. Other than that, this has been much easier than I expected. I've really had no pain, other than a bit of soreness at the port muscle (I expected that). I haven't even had to take the pain medication.

As far as restriction and irritation - I don't know?!? I'm pretty sure there is no irritation, but I'm not sure about the restriction. Sometimes I feel like there is nothing there (except that I have pics to prove there is). I do feel a little full after drinking a bit of Water or Soup, so maybe that is it. I just thought maybe it was still pressure from the gas they pump in. I think my stomach started growling on Friday (surgery was Wednesday), so you are right...the hunger comes back pretty quick!

Anyway, all went well and all is well. Thanks for checking in!

Tabitha

PS - Mazie: did you get my email?