Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Got banded in Springfield MO??

Legster - Congrats on the losses and improvements! :clap2:

Thanks! I've been working out 5 days a week without fail. I go to Contours Express by the Price Cutter on E. Battlefield and it's really working so far! They are really nice there and that helps with motivation to keep it up.

5 days a week!!!!! That is great!!! Is this place similar to Curves? I went to curves before Pregnancy with Mazie- she is now 21 months old -so it's been a while!

Things seem to be rolling right along for everyone! Good luck and keep on posting!

It is a lot like Curves. It has the circuit, but I guess the main difference is that the machines are weight-resistant rather than hydraulic and that's supposed to be better. They also have bikes, ellipticals, treadmills and a room you can stretch or exercise in with a flat screen. They have some dvd's or you can bring your own. It's just a nice, friendly, CLEAN place to work out. I love it, in case you can't tell. :-)

Oh, forgot to mention...I went 6 days this week! :-)

Again, good for you Legster! I actually went dancing 3 evenings this week. I usually only go once, and sometimes twice, a week so I got a little extra in this week. It is about the only type of exercise I like to do.

Well, tomorrow is the all-day class. Part of me is looking forward to it, but part of me is not. I really don't like the thought of taking a day off of work to sit through a $200 class that insurance doesn't cover without knowing if I have been approved or not. I'm hoping I will get some really good information out of it anyway - something that will benefit me until I am able to self-pay.

I should find out about the approval around the 6th of August. I'm trying not to think about it too much - I am NOT a patient person! :D

Paisley, dancing sounds like fun! Keep up the good work!

I enjoyed the day-long class mostly. I learned things there that I have taken along with me on this journey. I know your uncertainty must be frustrating, but hang in there! I doubt they would be sending you there already if it wasn't likely to happen. I'll be thinking good thoughts for you for the next couple of weeks. Be sure to let us know!

Keep up the good/hard work!!!!! Please tell us if the class was a good/bad experience for you... you may have learned something that we missed. The 6th will be here in a flash!

Dancing and working out sound good to me-- I still don't do either often enough!

Hi!

Would enjoy contact with anyone in the Springfield area. I'm anticipating having Lap band surgery in August. Have had first appt with Dr. Edwards, Mary, psych eval, nutrition appt. Signed up for the Aug 6th all day class and appt with HHI exercise person is scheduled.

I'm a local native, 52, married to a very supportive DH, no kids.........and ready for the positive changes and challenges this decision brings.

:eek:

Welcome UN5-3051!!

Well, I made it through the all day class on 7/23. The worst part of the whole thing was the relaxation exercises AFTER lunch! :tired Other than that, it was pretty interesting and went by pretty quickly. Even after a week out it is really hard to remember what I sat through. It was a lot. For those who have not gone yet...the basic idea of the class was to be able to recognize when and why you eat - the various emotions, personalities, stress, etc.

I did tell my class about this website, and specifically this discussion group, so hopefully we'll have some new people join us.

I'm in Delaware/Maryland now, so it may be a few days before I can check in again. I will catch up when I get home this coming weekend.

Have a good week everyone!!

Hi Paisley..........Thanks for your reply. Good to know what to expect next Monday. What was it about the relaxation stuff after lunch that was no fun? Did you have to lay on the floor or anything like that? I like being vertical if I'm not at home! It's in the ASC building, right?

I will see Amy @ HHI tomorrow for the excercise componet. Did you see her or Sandy?

Have safe travels!

Hi everyone! I'm new to this site. Tabitha, I was in the same all day class with you on 7/23. Thanks for telling us about this group!

I had my surgery on 7/27. I'm doing pretty good, but my left side (around the port site) started hurting a lot more today. I'm not sure what's up with that! I hadn't taken any pain meds since Sunday, but I had to take some a little while ago. I hope I haven't pulled something loose!! I go for my first post-op appt with Dr. Edwards next Tuesday.

My surgery went well. I'm just really looking forward to getting off liquids!! I'm glad to have a local group to keep in touch with!!

Paula

Hi Paula! Welcome! Once you get off the liquids they'll just be a distant memory.

I go for my 2nd fill today. I have had almost zero restriction for the last 3 weeks or so. Still, I've held my own. Anyway, I'll be back on liquids for a couple of days myself! :-)

Thanks Legster! Did you have very much pain in your left abdomen after surgery? The first few days, I was able to sleep on my left side with the support of a pillow...but last night I had to sleep on my back. My side is really hurting. Do you know if this is normal?

Thanks!

Paula

Paula, the only time I had pain on my left side (other than the normal that could be expected after surgery) was when I began working out about a month post-surgery. It was excruciating at times for about 2 days and I went to see Dr. Edwards about it. He said it was just from the new movement and not to worry. By the time I got to see him (it happened on a Thursday and he couldn't see me until Tuesday) it had gone completely away. That's all I know about port pain.

Hi Maziemom,

I was wondering, since you are self pay, how much Dr. Edwards charged. Was everything included, all the preop testing, postop fills and everything. Seems like there are so many self pay folks on this site.

Jewel