Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Please help. I am on my two week full liquid post op diet and I am struggling to get my Protein. I'm allowed low fat Soup and yogurt. My problem is that I can't stomach anymore shakes or even the unflavored Unjury powder. I am getting desperate. Any suggestions would work.

There are lots of different ways you can tackle this. Have you tried using less Protein Powder -- mixing it into twice as much milk or Water as it calls for? You'll get less Protein of course, but less is better than none. If you are drinking RTD's like Premier Protein, try cutting it 50/50 with skim milk or soy milk. For water-based RTD's like Isopure, try cutting 50/50 with water, G2, or Powerade Zero.

Have you tried warm liquids for your protein -- Unjury chicken Soup protein, HealthSmart hot chocolate or Cappuccino protein? A lot of times people have an easier time with warm liquids than cold.

What about stirring in a little flavored protein powder to your Greek yogurt? I really liked chocolate protein powder and PB2 stirred into Greek yogurt.

Are you allowed cottage cheese? That is another high protein food, and you can add in a little protein powder to get even more.

And finally, what do you mean by "can't stomach"? For some people, this means they find it unpleasant. For other people, they mean active vomiting or foamies/slimies. If it is unpleasant but isn't making you physically ill, it may be that you just have to put up with some unpleasantness to get your protein in. This time will pass pretty quickly although I know it seems endless right now! Good luck to you.

Have you tried "Oh yeah" Protein powder? It is high in Protein and the flavor is excellent. The vanilla creme tastes like a melted mcdonald's sundae. I have not had the chocolate but I can assume that it would taste just as good. The Protein Bars that they make are excellent as well. One in particular - chocolate caramel protein bar- taste like a goodbar to me. It goes down pretty easy and these are high in protein as well. You may want to check with your local Vitamin store or you may order it online. Sometimes the Vitamin stores have samples. I am not sure if the company itself is willing to give examples but it would be a great idea since there is so much competition out there.

The products look like this:

ISS001_Xl.jpg

or

cookies4lbtps_11871ccc-caca-4cdc-83b6-27

Hope this helps!

Try mixing shakes with ice in a Nutribullet-style blender. Much better than RTD. I also tried sugar-free instant puddings and flavors in them. Helped with Protein taste and the monotony.

Isopure Unflavored. You can add it to the yogurt and the Soups you like. It won't change the flavor at all.

Im one week post op. I use pea Protein powder. I blend up progresso Soups in my nutra bullet and add the pea protein powder. Cant taste it at all. Thats how I get all my protein for the day.