Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Going on three years!!! Thoughts and Reflections

So June 13th I will have been banded for three years. I have lost a 100lbs give or take and had no real issues or complications and still I wonder if I have worked hard enough. I could still stand to loose another 50 or so pounds... but I don't realy want to. I like being able to eat and wear clothes that I can find at target or ann taylor. I not a size twelve and yet my size 14/16s suit me fine. Maybe it is because I married a man who love a full sized woman and raves that I am perfect the way I am. Maybe its because in the african american culture my size is just right with my ample thighs and behind. So I have re designed my goals where once I wanted to be a with in my weight range, now I want to be in my comphort zone. I am 38, larger than some smaller than others, and I think I am doing fine. So why do I feel like I should want to be smaller... Any thoughts?

Hi Rica :wave: 100 pounds! That's wonderful! I'm 38 too, caucasion, but I aspire to wear 14 or 12. I'm not interested in being skinny. I just want to feel good! I say if you feel good, if you're healthy, if there are no weight related health issues you're dealing with...be who you are and enjoy it! Congrats on your success...I hope that I'm a lot like you...not having to work too hard at it!! But, I'm ready and prepared to work for it :confused:

100 pounds lost is great! It all depends on how you feel about yourself. If you feel fine at your current weight, then it's fine. If you had the surgery for health reasons then you need to look at your health. If you aren't having any problems, then you are fine. What does your doctor think? Congrats again on the great weight loss with little to no complications. Your story can really assure others.

I think you want to be smaller because every ad on TV and every bulletin board on the highway tells you that you need to be extremely thin to be a worthwhile human being. You are very fortunate to have the support from your husband and friends regarding the way you are now. Many people don't have that and it makes it much harder to take a stand and feel good about yourself. It sounds to me like you are doing great and should just focus on being healthy and feeling good. Congratulations on the 100 pound loss, and thanks for sharing your story. It helps us newbies to hear about a longer term success story.

Thanks... I do feel great... I guess its when I look at all the expence I paid for getting it done, well I just dont want to say I quit because it was easy to get this far and now I don't want to work for the rest. My doctor for weightloss was in MX and my regular doctor says that I am fine. No more Knee problems and the asthma is gone... so I guess I am okay...

I feel the same way I am down 42lbs I want to lose about 45 more. I should way between 130-145 with my height but I would be happy at 160. My husband tells me I am good the way I am, he likes a thick women...lol.

So nice to see someone 3 years out coming back and sharing your successes. It gives us all hope. And look how stunning and beautiful you are.

I see your height, maybe 1/4 inch taller than me. I look good around 200 so yes, I agree with your dh that you musy be perfect the way you are.

Sometimes I don't know where these numbers come from. You say you could lose another 50, I can't see it unless you are very petite in frame. I think at our height our BONES weigh 140 pounds.....lol!

Anyway, just wanted to say hello to a fellow 6 ft woman and congratulations on your tremendous success. I am about to tip the scales into onederland and am so excited to do so. I can't even tell ya....

I know how you feel. I am 4.5 years out and feel great. I always thought I wanted to be 140 but at 160 I feel good. I still need a tt and bl but those will come later this year. I wear petite size 14 and if I didn't have my gut I know I would be petite size 10. I think if you feel good about yourself and don't feel like going crazy with exercise and counting calories coast it for a while and so how you feel in a few months.

The wonderful thing about the band is that it's there when you need it. I didn't lose weight for 1.5 years and then lost an additional 20 in the last 6 months.

Congratulations.

Ana

Thank You for the complement! Yes I can remember when I was worried about how much weight I should loose and how fast it should come off. I can remember working out like a feind... That stress however has been long gone. And may I say Looser28 you have a georgous face... no wonder you hubby lose you..who wouldn't? PaulaX yeah I think I will hover around this weight... for the longest I never thought I would ever see it. I am glad that you all see me a success. I needed to hear that.

4.5 years out... now I have someone to look up too... I am fortunate in some respects I dont have much hanging skin... a little Lipo would do me... maybe a thigh lift... but hubby says no way jose'!

Gosh, you could be describing me! I got to just within my healthy weight range and my weight loss stopped. After five months, I decided to stay there. I'm 79kg at 5ft 10, healthy, but I'm a "big" girl, in that I'm not petite, delicate, elfin or any of those things I would love to be. I'd love love love to lose another 10kg but I cant want it too badly or I'd do it. I'm enjoying running four or five times a week and not thinking about food. I'm definitely eating way more at tighter restriction than I ate six months ago and that's why my weight loss stopped.

I'm flabby through the middle but then I'm 39 and I've had 3 babies and been 35kg overweight. I dont have "loose skin" in the sense of an apron or anything but boy, if someone cut 2 inches off the middle of me that would be great. But you cant tell when I'm clothed.

I dont know why I should want more. But I've seen Victoria Beckham's latest haircut and I absolutely LOVE it. I've had long hair for years, the condition's suffered from my weight loss even though it didnt fall out, I'm older, I want that haircut! But she's so teeny tiny (not that I would want to be that thin), would I just look butch with a short cut like that? Suddenly I'm wanting to lose more weight again.

Its hard isnt it to be happy with who you are? I'm pretty good at it by and large, but I do feel the pressure. I'm an American size 12 which is probably OK for a five foot ten person. But there's inches to pinch!

Wow you are doing fantastic!

Isn't it wonderful to have a band!

I do wonder if I will ever be totally satisfied. I'm sure the answer is no, but I sure am a lot happier than I was even a few months ago.

If you feel good then stay that way!

What an inspiration you are thanks for posting!

I love your thread.

I too was concerned.

When my reg md was so impressed by my lab test numbers and approved me from anywhere in 140 to 160 I was so relieved. My husband and even told me if he wants you to get down to 130 the doctor and hubby were going to have problems.

I am diabetic . I have went from 12 pills and 2 shots to just 2 pills a day. I take hormone ( just first 12 days ) and anti depressant now. No more shots . Woo hoo.

I want to think that even being young you will get blood work done every year or whatever your md doctor suggests.

edie

well it seems as if many of you are in the same boat as me... it is good to know that I am not alone. It is funny how our reflection in the mirror is never quite what we want and yet to others its is a huge accomplishment. That is why I love this forum. When ever I begin to stumble and question there are those of you who know exactly what to say...I am blessed to be part of this group...;):)