Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Marie,

I falied to mention that I am presently on a 1600 calorie intake. Along with the Diet pop I'd stop and pick up I also picked up well over 1600 calories in candy bars and Snacks that came to work with me everynight and I ate them all.

Since being banded for some reason I lost my sweet tooth and don't even like candy anymore

Greg

Thats great Greg, I hope I can kick the habit. I am getting banded on the 6th of Nov, so I am going to start the whole weining process this coming Mon, I thought start now instead of waiting until the am of the surgery and going crazy for one after. Thanks for all of your advice

Veronica,

I can go all day drinking milk or tea and feel great but once I start on that Water, I can't get enough!!I'll down some and have some more one right after another! It is kind of weird but I it's great for us so we shouldn't complain.

I never realized how bad Coke is for you...i read an article that says if you put a nail in a can of coke it will eat the nail!!!!! Good lord what were we doing to ourselves. Yikes!

You can use coke to clean the toilet ring inside your toilet and clean the battery terminals on your car. It works like acid! Potent stuff!

Yeah, candy is just too sicky sweet now. What a great problem to have! So I should stay out of the Halloween candy this year. LOL

Recently, in the grocery check out, I picked up a small Snickers and read the label. It had 240 calories! The post-banded me thought that's a Bandster meal! The pre-banded me never looked on the back label.

You've gotta be kidding me greg, I've been needing something to clean up the oil stain from our drive can I really use coke to do the job?

Coke cleans everything! We use it to clean battery acid off the battery. I quit drinking coke a long time ago, although I can't give myself credit for doing it because it was bad, I just got hooked on Water.< /p>

12 of anything in one day is what got us all in trouble in the first place. I was a major Diet Pepsi junkie. It was hard giving it up, but the band helped me kick a 30 year habit. I'm DP Free, and I don't miss it. I do miss having a sip of my husband's real Pepsi from time to time, but I fight the urge. Why start something I may not be able to stop? The band is just a tool, not a fix. You have to be willing to let go of old ways, or it's not gonna work. I'm still eating too much, eating too late, eating poor choices, but it's progress, not perfection.

I was a soda pop junkie too, only I couldn't stand the after taste of diet.

Finally this past summer I decided once and for all that I had to cut the sugar. I still hated the diet after taste but made myself stick to it. I drank way less pop as a result, and I also dropped 15 lbs.

Because I had the pop thing already in line, it has helped me not miss it so much since being banded. Though my head still thinks it sounds good, I'm afraid to mess up the band or cause gastritis, so I have managed to avoid trying some.

I can remember days where I consumed more than a 2 liter of pepsi or coke all by myself... WHAT was I thinking??

Hmmmmmmmmm now I am wondering if I have been doing something wrong here? I have been substituting with Pelligrino low carbonated Water drink that was recommended in the after surgery booklet. I have no prob drinking it and I am banded at 2.cc presently. If I continue does this mean I will have erosion? Anyone out there know? Now I am confused for sure I thought I was doing the right thing.

Most of us were told not to drink anything carbonated after being banded. I was under the impression that you get bad gas pains from drinking carbonation, while others were told it could cause erosion. I'm not sure what the deal is anymore - there's a lot of conflicting information, but I just assume stay away from it. I hope one day the Band Gods will speak to us and tell us we can have carbonation... I'd love a Perrier!