Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

who supports right to choose

Are you Pro Life  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Are you Pro Life

• for Pro Life
    • for pro choice
    • pro choice only for extreme cases ie Mothers in danger of death

This contact in Tampa proper is from an organization called Rachael's Vineyard. They were one of the first groups to get started in post-abortion counseling. Contact: 813 631 4370, Emma Boe, eboe@ccdosp.org.

There is another one in Lake Mary, Florida, which is about an hour and a half away from Tampa: CallForHope.org - Reveille Ministries, Inc.

or 866-967-HOPE

There are also national organizations that provide phone counseling, workshops, and referrals. One is Silent No More Awareness Campaign. I can't get to the website right now because of computer problems, but she might want to visit MySpace.com - Divine Diva - 33 - Female - TAMPA, FLORIDA - www.myspace.com/tampasilentnomore. There's a Silent No More Awareness Campaign in Tampa on November 8th -- may be a good thing for her to attend?

Feel free to ask me for more if none of these works.

I just copied and posted your post so I can give her the information. Thank you so very much, I should've done this myself long time ago.. I really appreciate it.

Elena

Elena M: I too feel very compassionate for your friend who was forced to undergo 2 abortions when she would have much rather had the babies. No wonder she is so conflicted even now about this. I am happy to see that there are so many people here who are posting who have suggestions for organizations to help your friend.

It does make me wonder though. I had 2 good friends who got pregnant when we were seniors in high school. Both on the cheerleading squad with me... but I digress.

The point is that one of them had an abortion, which she very much wanted. The other was sent to St. Louis to a home for wayward women. Her mother forced her to do this and have the child. The child was born with Down's Syndrome.

The friend who had the abortion went on to complete our senior year and she participated in all the academic, Pep Squad, Drama and Debate activies where she excelled. She graduated from college, went to grad school, became a teacher, got married, had four children, and became a principal. She has never regretted her decision.

The second girl, whose mother insisted that she NOT get an abortion which was against the law at the time, wound up having to get her high school diploma a year late after giving her baby up for adoption. She went to college in fits and spurts and wound up becoming an RN. The adoption never happened, because no one wanted her Down's Syndrome baby. She wound up taking the little guy back and raising him herself. She has been married 3 times, has 3 other children, all normal, and is as looney as Bugs Bunny.

Do you feel compassion for these women as much as for the girl that Elena told us about? Do you have any clue as to why I might feel so pro-choice?

Elena M: I too feel very compassionate for your friend who was forced to undergo 2 abortions when she would have much rather had the babies. No wonder she is so conflicted even now about this. I am happy to see that there are so many people here who are posting who have suggestions for organizations to help your friend.

It does make me wonder though. I had 2 good friends who got pregnant when we were seniors in high school. Both on the cheerleading squad with me... but I digress.

The point is that one of them had an abortion, which she very much wanted. The other was sent to St. Louis to a home for wayward women. Her mother forced her to do this and have the child. The child was born with Down's Syndrome.

The friend who had the abortion went on to complete our senior year and she participated in all the academic, Pep Squad, Drama and Debate activies where she excelled. She graduated from college, went to grad school, became a teacher, got married, had four children, and became a principal. She has never regretted her decision.

The second girl, whose mother insisted that she NOT get an abortion which was against the law at the time, wound up having to get her high school diploma a year late after giving her baby up for adoption. She went to college in fits and spurts and wound up becoming an RN. The adoption never happened, because no one wanted her Down's Syndrome baby. She wound up taking the little guy back and raising him herself. She has been married 3 times, has 3 other children, all normal, and is as looney as Bugs Bunny.

Do you feel compassion for these women as much as for the girl that Elena told us about? Do you have any clue as to why I might feel so pro-choice?

That was a very difficult situation, I do feel bad for her and the circumstances were hard for her and it wasn't her choice and I do feel compassion for her because whether she did right or wrong, she ultimately suffered and just for that alone I feel compassion... I'm not pro abortion, so it's hard to explain all my feelings about this situation right now, I do understand your point... my friend and yours, just the opposite extremes...sad...

All the various stories we see on this thread are interesting and thought provoking and very clearly demonstrate the infinite variety and highly personal nature of all these situations. Anyone who is against abortion definitely should not have one. But it is impossible for me to comprehend how anyone could advocate that the particular beliefs of one group should be forced onto all others who then must act against their own needs and wishes or face criminal prosecution. I'll never understand that view at at all.

Elena - Totally! My mums best friend got pregnant in the 60's when there was no abortions to be had, she was 'sent away' to stay with my great gran as soon as she started to show.She had to give birth to her little boy in a mums and babies home nurse him for 6 weeks and then sign him over for adoption.She also was given no choice and she also is madder than a bag of snakes.

I have had many friends who if they hadnt chosen to terminate would have found themsleves on a very different path - at least 2 of them with violent partners that due to the 'rights of the fathers' would have treated them the way that they treat the women that did have their children........

As it is harsh though it sounds, I dont think any of them ever regret the choice, they all have good lives, most are happily married with kids now and I haven't heard them mention it for years.

Again though it comes down to the central principle NO-ONE should have the right to make that choice for themselves taken away from them, I think that Elena's friend wouldnt be struggling half as much if she had made a choice HERSELF whichever way that had gone, it is the fact that she didnt have a choice that torments her, just as much as your friend who was made to carry the child, it is all about having the right to make that decision youself.

Nina x

The Down's Syndrome baby died last year - he was 33 years old!

I just feel that every person, every situation, every set of circumstances is unique and can only be decided by the people involved. I can't truck with the nonsense that pro-lifers get to make all the decisions for every woman in each and every case of unwanted pregnancy. Some women would be tortured by the idea of being forced to have an abortion. Some women would be tortured by the idea of being forced to bear a child. One set of beliefs does not fit all. One group of people are not be in a position to force a woman to either have an abortion or have a child.

Slavery has been brought up time and again here. Slavery is when a woman is forced to bear a child against her will. Slavery is when a woman is forced to have an abortion against her will.

Do you feel compassion for these women as much as for the girl that Elena told us about?

Very much so. An unplanned pregnancy is never an easy thing to go through. I have compassion for all of the people involved - both of these mothers, their babies, and their extended families.

Put homeschooling on that list of things to consider. I highly recommend it :-)

I dont necessarily think homeschooling is the answer, number one is because I have to work, other reasons deal with the child's social skills and ability to deal with others and authority that is not its family. The list goes on...plus a couple of my friends were homeschooled and regretted it, not to mention one who was allowed to go to public school once he reached his junior year. He was supposed to be a senior with me, but because of homeschooling,he was held back a year. I went to public school, and I know that I did not get the quality education that I could have gotten had my parents been able to afford the other options...not to mention the fact that I just absolutely do not agree with the way public schools are being run. I am a substitute teacher in my old school district, and things have changed sooooo much. The kids are so much more behind than my class was at those age levels. I also dont agree with all the disciplinary measures taken at public school.

I dont necessarily think homeschooling is the answer, number one is because I have to work, other reasons deal with the child's social skills and ability to deal with others and authority that is not its family. The list goes on...plus a couple of my friends were homeschooled and regretted it, not to mention one who was allowed to go to public school once he reached his junior year. He was supposed to be a senior with me, but because of homeschooling,he was held back a year. I went to public school, and I know that I did not get the quality education that I could have gotten had my parents been able to afford the other options...not to mention the fact that I just absolutely do not agree with the way public schools are being run. I am a substitute teacher in my old school district, and things have changed sooooo much. The kids are so much more behind than my class was at those age levels. I also dont agree with all the disciplinary measures taken at public school.

I do agree that home schooling can limit a child's social skills, and social development..that's why they have Workshops, and seminars in different regions in the US so home schooled kids and their parents can come together, make friends, and learn different techniques.

DerickM: Thank goodness someone is willing to take on all the repsonsibility for everyone in the world. Long live Derick.

I do not support the right to choose, everybody has to do what I say!

My. Word. Is. LAW!

Derick, I can tell that you have a big head. I wanna know which one? :heh:

mmm....no that could open up a massive can of worms.

I do however think child support laws do need to be reformed so women pay a larger amount.

My mother paid I think it was 175 a month for me and my sister both. My father looked into it and if she had gotten custody he would have had to pay 800 each.