Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

who supports right to choose

Are you Pro Life  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Are you Pro Life

• for Pro Life
    • for pro choice
    • pro choice only for extreme cases ie Mothers in danger of death

atheism_motivational_poster_4.jpg

big.3865511.jpg

Patty: "The video I posted was by a doctor who wants to bring the reality of what abortion actually really does to a baby in the womb. If you felt it was disgusting I need to ask why? If it's just a blob in there, then what's so disgusting about yanking on it with forceps or clamping down on the brain and pulling it out? See, when you just 'talk' about the baby as if it's not really a baby, you don't really get that it is. But get down and real and actually be present in the doctors place and see for yourself what the process entails and it's another story. If it's just a blob of tissue, and not a living human baby, then what's so disguting about watching the abortion? And, it wasn't even a real baby in the video,* it was a plastic replica that they used to show what happens in an abortion. Imagine if it was the real thing?

* Emphasis mine.

Your logic defies the imagination. What in the world makes you think that just because some of us believe that women should be able to make their own decisions, that we don't know what is involved in an abortion? That makes no sense to me.

You've also said that women choose abortion because it is a convenience and because they don't believe that a fertilized egg is a part of human life and good merciful heavens you make all sorts of outlandish assumptions that women make their decisions based on wholly frivolous notions.

The fact is that you know nothing about why women choose abortions. You are assuming you know because it is what makes you feel okay about ignoring their condition or the reason that they felt it was necessary. You can't know because like the rest of us, we don't know all the women who make that choice and we sure haven't heard their stories.

We have no desire to look at graphic abortion videos. But guess what?

We have no desire to look at grisley rapes. We have no desire to look at a video of a woman being butchered with a coat hanger in some back street alley. We don't want to see a movie where a desperate woman tries to induce her own abortion in a hot tub of Water with a coat hanger either.

Do you? No? I didn't think so.

And it breaks my heart to know that there are women on this thread who have had to face the decision. But I am so happy that they were able to make the decision that they needed to make at the time, legally and in a safe environment. And hopefully without the kind of guilt that anti-choice people try to heap on them.

If the extremist right wing has their way, Roe v. Wade will be overturned and things will go back to being hellish in America for women. The extremists will stop at nothing to cause that very thing. Please don't think for one minute that Roe v. Wade is the end of the abolishment of women's right to choose. They have taken the fight to the state level and they have a very strong lobby and a lot of funding to see that they get their way. Do not drop your guard or take anything for granted just because of the Roe v. Wade decision.

Ugh- how awful. It's too bad there aren't stiffer punishments for those...monsters who would do such a thing to a little girl.

You must be an incredibly strong woman.

I try to do the best that I can with what I have been given :blink:

I think you will do great. At that moment it will be a beautiful thing. :blink: A wanted and loved baby entering the world is a beautiful thing.

I'm still pro-choice :blush:

Thanks! (I'm still pro-choice too) :Yawn:

I have to have a c-section in a couple more months and I don't even want to be concious for it! lol let us know how it goes :sad:

Thanks, she says she wants to watch it, but she gets grossed out very easily, so she will probably be the one passing out when she watches it!!

What an awful situation for any woman/girl to be in- to be raped and end up pregnant. My first response would be to carry the baby full term and put it up for adoption. However, I have never been pregnant or raped. I can't imagine how terrible it would be to have to be reminded every day for 9 months (and surely everyday after the baby was born) about the rape and possibly dealing with the guilt of giving the baby up. (NOT that anyone should feel guilty for putting a baby up for adoption, I'm sure that 99.9% of the time it's the best choice for mom and baby ((and the lucky couple who are blessed with the baby)).

I simply don't know what I would do to be completely honest. I know that a couple years ago I head about a 9 yr old gir being raped (incest at that) who got pregnant and there was a bid debate about her having an abortion. In that case I would absolutely not blame this girl (who is a baby herself) for having an abortion. Just because the plumbing is in doesn't mean that the house is ready to occupy- can you imagine the strain of a pregnancy on a 9 yr olds frame?!

I feel like, because these circumstances do exist, making abortion illegal could not work. In fact, forgive my being frank, but it's too bad that these incestuous sick-o rapists weren't aborted themselves before they could inflict this pain on someone.

I, too, feel very strongly for the child and what she would have to go through. If she was too young to deliver safely and her life were in jeopardy, I would not be against abortion in that case. This is a rare , rare circumstance. Most girls do not get their periods at that young age, not to say that some don't, because some do, but what are the chances that those few who do also get raped. This is very rare.

I believe that all men who rape children should not be allowed the priviledge to have sex ever again. They should be surgically castrated after they do their time. No exceptions. If our laws were harder on these criminals, there would be less of them.

We 'extremists', who fight for the rights of the unborn, do so with the moral convictions within us that tell us that it is murdering an innocent human being. We fight for the babies right to life because God has said that it is a living being that he is creating in the womb. Liberals may believe differently, but they are wrong none the less. If some women die because they will choose to perform their own abortions illegally if they were outlawed, it would be only a small fraction of the lives that are lust annually due to abortion. It is better that a few woman may die, than millions of babies through abortions. A life is a life to pro-lifers.

I, too, feel very strongly for the child and what she would have to go through. If she was too young to deliver safely and her life were in jeopardy, I would not be against abortion in that case. This is a rare , rare circumstance. Most girls do not get their periods at that young age, not to say that some don't, because some do, but what are the chances that those few who do also get raped. This is very rare.

Any child under the age of 16 is not ready physically or mentally to deliver a baby! I got my period at 7 and girls are getting it younger and younger every year! Also, the chances of those girls getting raped or molested is high because they are maturing faster and are the object of some of these sickos desires! They are virgin children with bodies becoming more of women! It is not as rare as you would like to suggest it is!

I believe that all men who rape children should not be allowed the priviledge to have sex ever again. They should be surgically castrated after they do their time. No exceptions. If our laws were harder on these criminals, there would be less of them.

I believe that both men and women whom rape or molest ANYONE regardless of their age should have that right taken away! I don't think it would stop these things from happening because just like when you break any law you don't expect to get caught!

We 'extremists', who fight for the rights of the unborn, do so with the moral convictions within us that tell us that it is murdering an innocent human being. We fight for the babies right to life because God has said that it is a living being that he is creating in the womb. Liberals may believe differently, but they are wrong none the less. If some women die because they will choose to perform their own abortions illegally if they were outlawed, it would be only a small fraction of the lives that are lust annually due to abortion. It is better that a few woman may die, than millions of babies through abortions. A life is a life to pro-lifers.

Well said...it is a life that he is creating in the womb not that he has created already...it is life in process! And those women would not be a small fraction! This is exactly why they are legal because there was stuff like that going on!

Wonderful!!!:D

Why, thank you :smile2:

I read something recently about abortion not being regulated in Canada. It is legal all through pregnancy. Don't know if it's true though.

Thanks, C'sM. If the anti-choice people would spend as much energy and time on saving the world's children, we wouldn't have to worry about them at all. Wouldn't that be something?

That would be so amazing. Another interesting tidbit is that according to polls (I can't quote them so take with a grain of salt) Most people who are anti-choice are in favor of capital punishment. If a life is a life, who should be killed? Most anti-choice folks are also against public funded sex education and contraception. That stance does not even make any sense.

For the record, I am not generally in favor of abortion and strongly oppose it after the 1st trimester except in extreme cases. I can't decide exactly my criteria for extreme cases, so I don't believe that even late term abortion should be criminalized.

I believe that abortion is a very serious choice that a woman has to make. Only she can live with the consequences of her choice. It is not our responsibility as a nation to make her choices or eliminate them. In the name of health care, compassion, common sense and economics, sex education and contraception should be made available to all of child bearing age.

Corliss

The death penalty shows us that God cares for us ordinary people, that He wants to protect us and that He wants us all well. Without order and without punishment we would only be creatures lacking responsibility that could do whatever we wanted to each other without being held responsible for anything. We would then live in a world that did not have any morals or ethics. Our value and our dignity would be nonexistent. We would be like animals. It is the order of things and the punishments that proves to us that God values us humans as something. If we were nothing God would not have to care for us. But now God so loves mankind and therefore the capital punishment exists as a defence, as a confirmation, as recognition of the high dignity and value of mankind. The death penalty, more than anything else, confirms that we are moral beings and as a consequence of that we can be held responsible for our actions.

Genesis 9:6

"Whoever sheds the blood of man, by man shall his blood be shed; for in the image of God has God made man."

These words are spoken by God. The verse does not only express an permission, but it is a command. It is the first commandment of the Bible that has a common legal character. We find in this verse a "law" draped in a poetic costume that is the basis for all coming laws concerning the capital punishment. It is a foundational principle. And it is interesting to see that the first edict of a legal character is concerning the death penalty. God wants the death penalty for murderers and the reason is clearly declared: "for in the image of God has God made man. One who murders destroys the "image of God" in a fellow man and thereby commits an indirect attack on God himself.

This was not an OT concept that should be abandoned today.

Luke 23:41

"We are punished justly, for we are getting what our deeds deserve. But this man has done nothing wrong."

These words were spoken by one of the criminals who were hanging on a cross next to Jesus. The scripture clearly testifies of the legal conscience that people during all times have had. A death-sentenced criminal confesses that the flogging and the death sentence that was imposed on him were "just". And not only that, he himself felt that he "deserved" death.

One big difference between abortion killing and capital punishment killing is that one is innocent killing and the other is guilty, deserving killing.

I am not against any birth control that does not destroy the baby. Once the sperm meets the egg, it becomes a life. If there is a birth control that stops the egg from meeting the sperm, it should be used. If it destroys the egg and sperm together after they met, then it should be banned.

I am against public funded sex education because some of what they teach is not acceptable to me. They may teach about birth control that can kill the baby. They may encourage abortion as a choice a pregnant woman can have. They don't teach abstinance until marriage. But most of all, this issue is for the parents to teach to their children, not the schools. I have always felt that schools should keep to teaching academics only. This is another example of where the gov. takes on the responsibility of the people to do what is expected of them. If the parents knew that their children were not going to learn about sex in school, they would then have to be the ones to teach them about it. But because they think they'll just learn about it in school, they don't ever bring the subject up with them. The government, once again, enabling parents to not be responsible for their own childs sex education. Just like they enable people to be dependant on them for many other things in life that they should take care of themselves.