Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

who supports right to choose

Are you Pro Life  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Are you Pro Life

• for Pro Life
    • for pro choice
    • pro choice only for extreme cases ie Mothers in danger of death

I didn't watch it either. Just because I believe in choice doesn't mean I want to watch a video. That is retarded. Just like I know people give birth, I don't want to watch that either.

My sister is having a C section next month and she wants ME to tape it! Hope I don't pass out!

I think you will do great. At that moment it will be a beautiful thing. :biggrin: A wanted and loved baby entering the world is a beautiful thing.

I'm still pro-choice :blink:

Edited by Humming Bird

Maybe you didn't watch it because you don't want to really see what happens to a baby during an abortion? If you did, you might become sensitive to it's plight. Those who are pro-choice don't want to know reality, they'd rather live in their 'unknown' world of "what I don't know wont affect me". real brave of you.

I'm sorry, but watching a gruesome video that isn't even real would not change my mind. I have had an abortion and I have never regreted it and I never will! I made the right choice for me and the embryo. Watching some doctor fake an abortion as a scare tactic is not something that I am interested in watching. I'm sorry, but I know first hand what it is like to have an abortion, you don't, so how do you know how it would affect you? Let me tell you that I believe I am a very brave young woman. I have been through more in my 23 years than some will go through in 2 life times! Don't you dare sit and talk like I'm a coward because I didn't watch you pro life smut film!

My sister is having a C section next month and she wants ME to tape it! Hope I don't pass out!

I have to have a c-section in a couple more months and I don't even want to be concious for it! lol let us know how it goes :blink:

That seems to be your problem. Facing the reality of the world you live in. We understand the concept of abortion. They don't have seminars where people have to watch them making them change their mind from choice to no choice. Regardless, whether it is considered a baby or not, people still need to have that choice and you don't seem to get that one fact. No one should make that choice for a woman except the individual woman. No one is going to make abortion illegal nation wide. As stated in a previous post, we came to that fork in the road with ROe vs Wade.

Maybe you didn't watch it because you don't want to really see what happens to a baby during an abortion? If you did, you might become sensitive to it's plight. Those who are pro-choice don't want to know reality, they'd rather live in their 'unknown' world of "what I don't know wont affect me". real brave of you.

Patty, even you said it was not a "real baby" in the video.

I don't doubt for a minute that late term abortions could be difficult and not something I would want to watch or participate in. But, of all the abortions I've talked about with girls/women I personally know (10), none were even close to that.

They didn't even have to take their clothes off at the Dr.'s office. They were given a Rx which induced a period .... that's it.

IF A 14 YEAR OLD GIRL HAS BEEN RAPED AND A PREGNANCY IS THE RESULT OF THAT RAPE, THANK GOD SHE CAN GO TAKE A PILL AND ABORT.

Patty, even you said it was not a "real baby" in the video.

I don't doubt for a minute that late term abortions could be difficult and not something I would want to watch or participate in. But, of all the abortions I've talked about with girls/women I personally know (10), none were even close to that.

They didn't even have to take their clothes off at the Dr.'s office. They were given a Rx which induced a period .... that's it.

IF A 14 YEAR OLD GIRL HAS BEEN RAPED AND A PREGNANCY IS THE RESULT OF THAT RAPE, THANK GOD SHE CAN GO TAKE A PILL AND ABORT.

Amen to that!!!

I don't thank God for that, because God would never allow that or provide a pill for such a catastrophy. He creates all life and does not advocate destroying what he is creating to allow someone to feel 'better' about their situatuation. It is a shame that there is sin in the world, and the consequences that go along with it, even for the innocent. yes, when people sin and do wrong, it effects many. A rapist sins and a girl or woman has to deal with the consequences of his sin. It's not pleasant or fair, but that's what happens when a sperm meets an egg. A new life is started. Once that happens, the only option should be to do all that you can for that new life. After all, the new life had no say in its being started, just like the mom who had no say about getting raped. 2 wrongs don't make anything right.

What an awful situation for any woman/girl to be in- to be raped and end up pregnant. My first response would be to carry the baby full term and put it up for adoption. However, I have never been pregnant or raped. I can't imagine how terrible it would be to have to be reminded every day for 9 months (and surely everyday after the baby was born) about the rape and possibly dealing with the guilt of giving the baby up. (NOT that anyone should feel guilty for putting a baby up for adoption, I'm sure that 99.9% of the time it's the best choice for mom and baby ((and the lucky couple who are blessed with the baby)).

I simply don't know what I would do to be completely honest. I know that a couple years ago I head about a 9 yr old gir being raped (incest at that) who got pregnant and there was a bid debate about her having an abortion. In that case I would absolutely not blame this girl (who is a baby herself) for having an abortion. Just because the plumbing is in doesn't mean that the house is ready to occupy- can you imagine the strain of a pregnancy on a 9 yr olds frame?!

I feel like, because these circumstances do exist, making abortion illegal could not work. In fact, forgive my being frank, but it's too bad that these incestuous sick-o rapists weren't aborted themselves before they could inflict this pain on someone.

What an awful situation for any woman/girl to be in- to be raped and end up pregnant. My first response would be to carry the baby full term and put it up for adoption. However, I have never been pregnant or raped. I can't imagine how terrible it would be to have to be reminded every day for 9 months (and surely everyday after the baby was born) about the rape and possibly dealing with the guilt of giving the baby up. (NOT that anyone should feel guilty for putting a baby up for adoption, I'm sure that 99.9% of the time it's the best choice for mom and baby ((and the lucky couple who are blessed with the baby)).

I simply don't know what I would do to be completely honest. I know that a couple years ago I head about a 9 yr old gir being raped (incest at that) who got pregnant and there was a bid debate about her having an abortion. In that case I would absolutely not blame this girl (who is a baby herself) for having an abortion. Just because the plumbing is in doesn't mean that the house is ready to occupy- can you imagine the strain of a pregnancy on a 9 yr olds frame?!

I feel like, because these circumstances do exist, making abortion illegal could not work. In fact, forgive my being frank, but it's too bad that these incestuous sick-o rapists weren't aborted themselves before they could inflict this pain on someone.

That was the position I was in...too young to be pregnant and pregnant with the baby of a family member. My parents didn't pressure me either way, but supported the decision I made. As I have said before I have never regreted my decision and I never will.

That was the position I was in...too young to be pregnant and pregnant with the baby of a family member. My parents didn't pressure me either way, but supported the decision I made. As I have said before I have never regreted my decision and I never will.

I hope that family member went to jail.

He most certainly did...not long enough, but I guess something's better than nothing

Ugh- how awful. It's too bad there aren't stiffer punishments for those...monsters who would do such a thing to a little girl.

You must be an incredibly strong woman.