Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

who supports right to choose

Are you Pro Life  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Are you Pro Life

• for Pro Life
    • for pro choice
    • pro choice only for extreme cases ie Mothers in danger of death

Tell me patty, what does it do for us to have "In God We Trust" on our currency? What did it do for any of us to have "under God" placed in our Pledge of Allegiance in 1950's by the Eisenhower administration?

No one is wanting to change laws to put "praise Allah" on our currency.

What we need to be is a country that does not exclude certain American citiizens on the base of race, creed, color or national origin. We need to be a country that does not discriminate against people just because they are different from the original people who founded America or from the original natives to North America in fact, as rodriguez pointed out.

When we lived in Montreal, we were discriminated against because we were English speaking residents (although temporary residents). The Quebequois believe that if you're going to live in their part of Canada, then you will read and speak French, period. They would also prefer, like some far right wing American seperatists, to be a separate nation. They don't like the fact that Canada, as a whole, has English as it's official language. They don't like that signs are written in English. All of their signs are in French. Do you know how the rest of the world regards that way of thinking? They think that people who are steadfastly discriminatory and self-righteous, are stupid.

Did you know that some of the staid, single-minded religions in America are dying out because they are so exclusionary and self-righteous? I believe that is a natural death that often comes to a sect that practices discrimination and a belief that they are the only right religion in the world.

Just to be fair, and accurate, my experiences in Quebec were from over 10 years ago. Things may have changed and lightened up there. I hope they have, but with many of their hard-line francophiles, I doubt it.

Tell me patty, what does it do for us to have "In God We Trust" on our currency? What did it do for any of us to have "under God" placed in our Pledge of Allegiance in 1950's by the Eisenhower administration?

It is a reminder of why this country is so great. Because we trust in God, He keeps his blessings upon us. Because we acknowledge Him when we say that we are 'one nation under God', he blesses us as a nation. Do you think it's because we are just soooooo great that we are the most powerful nation in the world, or is it because God has his hand of mercy upon us because we recognize who he is?

No one is wanting to change laws to put "praise Allah" on our currency.

I know this, but I was pointing out that we started as a christian nation, who worships the God, Jesus, and most of us would like to stay that way.

What we need to be is a country that does not exclude certain American citiizens on the base of race, creed, color or national origin.

And we don't do that. All are welcome here in this country.(any race, creed, color,or national origin)

We need to be a country that does not discriminate against people just because they are different from the original people who founded America or from the original natives to North America in fact, as rodriguez pointed out.

Like I said, we are not discriminating anyone, just trying to keep our original faith and beliefs in tact here.

When we lived in Montreal, we were discriminated against because we were English speaking residents (although temporary residents). The Quebequois believe that if you're going to live in their part of Canada, then you will read and speak French, period. They would also prefer, like some far right wing American seperatists, to be a separate nation. They don't like the fact that Canada, as a whole, has English as it's official language. They don't like that signs are written in English. All of their signs are in French. Do you know how the rest of the world regards that way of thinking? They think that people who are steadfastly discriminatory and self-righteous, are stupid.

Did you know that some of the staid, single-minded religions in America are dying out because they are so exclusionary and self-righteous? I believe that is a natural death that often comes to a sect that practices discrimination and a belief that they are the only right religion in the world.

Christianity does not exclude anyone. As a matter of fact, we encourage all to come to Christ. Jesus said, "I am the way, the truth and the life. NO man comes to the Father but through me." This is why christians feel that their faith is the only way. If you don't believe what Jesus said, then you call God a liar, For Jesus is God. The one and only real difference between christianity and all religions out there is that in Christianity God finds man and offers him a FREE gift of eternal life in heaven with God. In every other religion there is, man trys to work at finding eternal life in heaven with God. In other words, it is by their good deeds. This is what separates us from the religions of the world.

The word/name God is used in other religions besides Christianity...Our Pledge of Allegiance was written by a Christian...of course people who believe in God are going to include him into their speeches and songs...Just like people who don't believe will not include "God"...[/quote

I understand that. But, in the beginning of this nation, when Geoge Washington was the very first president, and even way before that, the GOD that was in everything here, was the God, Jesus.

As for the natives being here before the christians, I just want to say that every nation had someone else there before they took over. And, many natives became christians when the good news of the gospel was brought to them through the people, and missionaries who came here to be free.

Many natives turned Christianity out of fear or because they didn't understand...Many of them did not do so because they truely believed! You can't say the "God" that was in everyone was "Jesus" because you do not speak for everyone. Oh and back then when people were put to death for being witches or because they didn't want to believe in that nonsense...that is the faith that this Nation was built on? Hmmm...sounds to me like faith has led to some pretty aweful things in this Nation...

Many natives turned Christianity out of fear or because they didn't understand...Many of them did not do so because they truely believed!

Come on. How do you know that? I've read some wonderful testimonies in History books of indians who turned to Christ.

You can't say the "God" that was in everyone was "Jesus" because you do not speak for everyone.

Alright, I'll say most. Most everyone. Even today, in national surveys in this country only 9% of people said they never pray.

Oh and back then when people were put to death for being witches or because they didn't want to believe in that nonsense...that is the faith that this Nation was built on? Hmmm...sounds to me like faith has led to some pretty aweful things in this Nation...

In every faith, people have done things that God would not approve of, It doesn't mean their faith is wrong, just that all are sinners.

I know this because I have read accounts of that being so. I am indian. I am also related to Francis Scott Key, the man who wrote our National Anthem. People were afraid of what would happen to them if they did not conform to the religion being thrust upon them. The Christians that fled her for freedom took that freedom from the people living here before them. They were raped of their land, most of their rights and their beliefs...maybe you're just reading accounts written by the Christians and not by the natives...?

Do you know how many people lie when they are survied? Let me tell you there is more than 9%...some people say they are Christians because their parents are Christians, but they don't practice it or believe in it...most of them have never even read the Bible...

Do you know how many people lie when they are survied? Let me tell you there is more than 9%...some people say they are Christians because their parents are Christians, but they don't practice it or believe in it...most of them have never even read the Bible...

I understand that some people may lie, but when you are asked on a survey if you pray or not, what's your motive to lie about it? Them not reading the bible may be true, but if they talk to God, they must believe they are not speaking to the air.

Their "God" may not be the "God" that you talk to...everyones faith and beliefs are different even in the same religion...

Their "God" may not be the "God" that you talk to...everyones faith and beliefs are different even in the same religion...

It is true that other religions have other Gods as you say, but your last line about everyones faith and beliefs are different even in the same religion doesn't compute. For if you speak of the christian faith, all denominations like baptist, catholic, methodists, Lutheran, etc. believe in the same God, Jesus.

The survey I spoke of where 91% of Americans say they pray was talking about praying to God, Jesus. Which is the Christian God.

Edited by pattygreen

I have been to more than on "Christian" Church and they all are different, yes they are talking about the same "God", but they preach about different things. I have been to ones where they say they are the only true Christian church...what kind of crap is that?! That is why I think all this "religion" crap is a bunch of hog wash! It's ridiculous. That is why I am not "Christian"...You should watch the movie "Religulous"...it's really well done!

Yep, I am not Christian. I was lucky, I guess, in that I was raised by a bunch of atheists. It is true that they did send me away to a boarding school run by a bunch of Christians and that was a very nasty shock for me. I briefly "got" religion and "got" my revenge on my parents for my exile for coming home and, like the good Battygreen, tormenting my folks with my saintliness. lol

I didn't see Religulous, the movie made by Bill Maher. I want to, though. I figure that it will amuse......

It was really good. My husband and I really enjoyed it! I had never watched anything done by him, but I liked it. He did a really good job! lol....check it out!