Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

who supports right to choose

Are you Pro Life  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Are you Pro Life

• for Pro Life
    • for pro choice
    • pro choice only for extreme cases ie Mothers in danger of death

I just wanted to say that after my aboriton I went to some counseling, but the counseling that helped me the most, that I got the most out of was from my family. The love and support of my family made all the difference in how I moved on from what had happened to me. So while it is great to help someone find the right person to talk to, remember that sometimes family that is open and supportive is the best support group there is. I felt like the counselor didn't care/didn't listen to me...that they didn't understand me and I've felt that way with counselors my whole life...I have always been able to turn to my family and I always knew that they wouldn't be judging me...just loving me and listening :rolleyes:

rodriguezequal, it is wonderful that you have unconditional family support in your life! Not everyone is so lucky.

Sometimes counselors enjoy hearing themselves talk more than they like to listen.

Yeah I know. I am very lucky to have the family that I do have. I was just saying that for people who has someone in their family that has an abortion, so that they know that sometimes your support is what they need the most. :laugh:. All of my counselors in life have SUCKed so bad...lol. I was watching a Wife Swap today and the lady said that she always has the amnio done when she's pregnant and that if it ever showed her baby had Downs that she would abort it immediately...that made me sad...and a little angry. I hate people like that, but it would be her right to do it...

All of my counselors in life have SUCKed so bad.

There are a lot of bad ones out there. We have some friends who were in marriage counseling for 8 years. On the verge of divorce, my husband and I basically called them over and made them talk to us for 2 hours. They said it was the best counseling session they'd ever had, bar none. We sent them to a friend for ongoing counseling and now they're back together and have a very strong marriage. It's all in who you're talking to.

I've never known anyone who has had a Down's Syndrome baby who didn't brag about what a sweet and wonderful child they have. But it can't be easy live with a handicap like that.

Psychology and counseling seems to appeal to a certain kind of person for a vocation. Many of them have some serious psychological problems of their own.

I agree gadget. My DD and SIL have good friends who are contemplating divorce. They have been going to a psychologist who seems to only have added to the problems they're trying to work on.

My DD and SIL sat down with them twice and in 2 long sessions over this past weekend, the couple says they have learned more about themselves and their marriage than in the entire past 6 months with a marriage counselor.

Some here are quit contradictory. For one, why do you think anyone who has an abortion would need conseling unless they were feeling any kind of grief over the loss, or guilt for what they had done? If it's just a blob as some say or a non-life, then why would they give it a second thought after the procedure? They didn't do anything wrong. Obviously, since counseling is needed, they have come to realize that they did do something they shouldn't have. It is good if after an abortion they have come to this realization. Then maybe they could counsel others who are contemplating it.

On another note, Mr. Obama has given the ok to use our tax dollars to make and kill babies for stem cell research the other day. What is this world coming to when we murder one human to better the life of another in some way? I pray for God's mercy on us.

What are you talking about? I haven't read a post here where it was said that people don't ever suffer grief or guilt over terminating a pregnancy. I spoke about people that I know who haven't needed counseling and who have not felt like getting on drugs or committing suicide after an abortion. Do you really read the posts or just scan them?

I thank God that President Obama has made the move to allow stem cell research. Hopefully it will save a lot of lives. Where did you get your infomation that murder is involved in stem cell research? No one is murdering anybody to get the tissue involved in the research.

I know where they get the stem cells, but this thread isn't about stem cell research. Have you started a new thread so that this issue can be discussed and debated on its' own merits?

May Lord have mercy on people who are so extreme in their views that they scorn research that could save many lives.

What are you talking about? I haven't read a post here where it was said that people don't ever suffer grief or guilt over terminating a pregnancy. I spoke about people that I know who haven't needed counseling and who have not felt like getting on drugs or committing suicide after an abortion. Do you really read the posts or just scan them?

I wanted to know why people would suffer grief or guilt over a blob of tissue. Why would they need counseling for that? Oh, and I read the posts.

I thank God that President Obama has made the move to allow stem cell research. Hopefully it will save a lot of lives.

While killing millions more?

Where did you get your infomation that murder is involved in stem cell research?

Stem cells are derived from live embryos. eggs that have been fertilized are human beings at their earliest stage of development. What do you mean where do I get my information? I thought everyone knew that. When you prevent a life from forming or developing, you are murdering it. (killing, destroying, or whatever you want to call it) If murder wasn't involved in stem cell research then tell me, why are so many opposed to it?

No one is murdering anybody to get the tissue involved in the research.

Like I said, the moment the egg becomes fertilized it is a human life. So, yes, they are.

I know where they get the stem cells, but this thread isn't about stem cell research. Have you started a new thread so that this issue can be discussed and debated on its' own merits?

This thread is about abortion, which is destroying a human life before it ever has a chance. Stem cell research also does that. Therefore it is related. Who says we can ONLY discuss abortion here. Many times topics turn to other related issues. And this is related.

May Lord have mercy on people who are so extreme in their views that they scorn research that could save many lives.

I believe you are just as extreme in your views on a womans choice, but I don't begrudge you that.

I agree with your statement that I scorn research that could save many lives, but only if the research murders many more lives in order to save others.

Did you ever stop to think that maybe the counseling is for what led to the pregnancy in the first place? Not everyone terminates a pregnancy because they think the embyo is a blob...come one. I did not feel guilty for what I did, but I needed counseling because I was guilty about what "I let" happen to me...

Did you ever stop to think that maybe the counseling is for what led to the pregnancy in the first place? Not everyone terminates a pregnancy because they think the embyo is a blob...come one. I did not feel guilty for what I did, but I needed counseling because I was guilty about what "I let" happen to me...

No, I didn't stop to think that the counseling wasn't because of having an abortion because that's what they were refering it to. They said that people get counseling after an abortion. I asked... Why? For feelings of guilt or sorrow. Why would they feel guilty or sorrowful over what they believe is a blob of tissue?

I understand that you may have needed counseling for your situation. But that's not what I am talking about. I'm talking about needing counseling because of the 'choice' they made.

I believe that murder is taking the life of another human being. It isn't murder when a fertilized egg, or live embryo, is destroyed because it is not a human being. It is alive and it is part of a human being, but in and of itself, a fertilized egg is not a human being so in no way can it be considered murder.

And of course I disagree with your statement that: "When you prevent a life from forming or developing, you are murdering it."

You ask: "If murder wasn't involved in stem cell research then tell me, why are so many opposed to it?"

My answer is that evidentally people are opposed to it because they believe that preventing a life from forming or developing from a fertilized egg is taking away the potential for a life that they deem to be more precious than understanding certain diseases that plague the world.

Or they are simply irrationally eaten up with the idea that a human embryo, it any form, is a human being.

Of course that's just my own humble opinion and answer to your question.

rodriquezequal: the people who oppose women's rights with regard to abortion are not as concerned with the woman as they are with the fertilized egg or tissue that has been implanted in her, against her will.

They may claim that they are, but their very actions and assertions point to their main focus being the embryo.

And you're very right. Not everyone who chooses an abortion thinks of the fertilized egg as a blob. She probably said that because I characterized it in that fashion in one of my posts.

I don't mean any disrespect to anyone's fertilized egg, but up to a certain point in development, I believe that it is a blob of tissue. Human tissue, yes, potential for life, yes, full human being with all the rights that are guaranteed by our government, absolutely no way - not in the very early stages of embryonic development.

The main focus is on the embryo more so than the mother simply because the embryo can not defend himself and the mother is the one who is doing the deed. None the less, antiabortionists DO care about the mother, but not at the expense of the baby.

I'm sure that if the prochoicer saw the embryo as a life from the moment of conception as we do, they would understand our plight and why we are sooooo against abortion. For if you KNEW that life began at conception, there would be no debate here.

Since you don't believe that life begins at conception, wouldn't you say that it's better to be safe than sorry? What if life DOES begin at conception, and you are all wrong? You've been killing human beings without realizing it. On the other hand, if I'm wrong, what's there to lose? Noones life is at stake.