Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

who supports right to choose

Are you Pro Life  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Are you Pro Life

• for Pro Life
    • for pro choice
    • pro choice only for extreme cases ie Mothers in danger of death

It may be bad to say, but I think most women would rather have an abortion than give up the baby for adoption. I know when I was pregnant, I thought about adoption, but there was no way I was going to go through 9 months of pregnancy and then give it to someone else. Not to mention, I didn't even want anyone to know I was pregnant. I think that is the case with a lot of women who have abortions. They don't want anyone to know.

I think people do not want to go through what they think woudl be percieved as shame to have the baby then give it up .

Abortion can be a secret, No one ever has to know .

So no one has to know your "Mistake" no one has to "Judge" you if they dont know . Its easy for people to judge you if your pregnant.

Everyone thinks and acts as if abortion is the"easy" way out and its not . I dont think any option is easy .

Mindy

AP Source: Obama to rescind Bush abortion rule

Bravo !!! While i say a doc has the right to refuse to do an abortion UNLESS its under a medical emergency , I do NOT Think a doc has the right to not give a patient ALL Their options.

So I say good for Obama !!

Mindy

No one is saying that they want to make picketing (quietly or otherwise) outside a Planned Parenthood office illegal.

But women have the right to choose whatever they believe is the proper course of action for them. They may choose to have an unwanted child and keep it or they may choose to have it and then give it up for adoption. They may find themselves in a situation where having a child is simply impossible and they choose to have a procedure that will terminate the pregnancy. Every case is different, every circumstance is different and the health of every pregnant woman is different. That is why it is necesssary for us to allow women to make these decisions for themselves.

What a woman does not have a right to do is to force another woman to have an unwanted child and then give it up for adoption.

I think people do not want to go through what they think woudl be percieved as shame to have the baby then give it up .

Abortion can be a secret, No one ever has to know .

So no one has to know your "Mistake" no one has to "Judge" you if they dont know . Its easy for people to judge you if your pregnant.

I agree wholeheartedly. It's a terrible thing for people to judge you for because, really, very few people judge the father of the baby! And really, in today's society, people don't generally judge when two unmarried people are sleeping together. So all they judge is the natural consequence of that activity, and the only one they judge is the mother.

Everyone thinks and acts as if abortion is the"easy" way out and its not . I dont think any option is easy .

Again, I agree. Neither option is easy and both have life-long implications. Once the baby is conceived, there are no easy answers. Mothers can perceive that abortion is easier than the alternatives because it seems like it "solves" the "problem", but for many, many mothers it is a problem in and of itself.

While i say a doc has the right to refuse to do an abortion UNLESS its under a medical emergency

How will you feel if Obama's new guidelines do, in fact, require doctors to provide abortions? Or if it forces religious hospitals to provide abortions, which will likely have the effect of shutting them down?

Here's a fetal homicide case that just happened in Ohio:

Fetal Homicide Investigation

Excerpts:

SCIOTO COUNTY, Ohio (WSAZ) -- A new homicide investigation involving the termination of a pregnancy has police and prosecutors in Portsmouth, Ohio double checking their code books.< /em>

It all started with a car accident last Friday night in Portsmouth.

The crash caused a spontaneous abortion for one of the passengers, 18-year-old Jennifer King.

King was just four weeks pregnant at the time.

. . .

The police report says the crash caused Jennifer King to suffer a spontaneous abortion and police and prosecutors say by law, the apparent unlawful termination of a pregnancy calls for a homicide investigation.

“In Ohio, a crash with the death of an unborn fetus is looked at as a fatal crash,” said Officer Peters.

“He needs vehicle manslaughter or something, there were three pregnant women in the car and he still did it,” King said.

Heineman suffered a broken nose, concussion and fractured ribs.

The case remains under investigation and no arrests have been made yet.

Police say assault charges are possible in the punching incident.

As for the fetal homicide case, the charge could range anywhere from involuntary manslaughter to aggravated murder.

-----------------------

So here's another state where viability isn't an issue. Kill an unborn baby and you're charged with at least involuntary manslaughter. Oh, unless, of course, you're the mother.

Times have changed and beliefs are different...so yeah maybe back then they acted as if it is your only option, but that is not how it is now...I've been to PPH...So what you are saying is you went against what you preach....you had sex before marraige *gasp*. I guess we all do things that we weren't/aren't proud of...

I don't know what you think I profess to be, but I have never claimed to be a sinless person. I am probably the worst. I also stated that I went there before I became a christian. Even so, as a christian, I am not, nor will I ever be able to live without sinning.

I never said she claimed to be sinless, but then she shouldn't bash people's beliefs, mistakes or choices, when low and behod she has made a good number of them herself!

It is never my intent to 'bash' anyones beliefs and especially their mistakes. I know that we all make mistakes. If you feel that I am bashing your choices, it is only because I admit that I don't agree with them. When you tell me how you feel about a womans right to choose, I don't feel that you are bashing me. So, if you feel this way, I sincerely apologize.

It may be bad to say, but I think most women would rather have an abortion than give up the baby for adoption. I know when I was pregnant, I thought about adoption, but there was no way I was going to go through 9 months of pregnancy and then give it to someone else. Not to mention, I didn't even want anyone to know I was pregnant. I think that is the case with a lot of women who have abortions. They don't want anyone to know.

That reason , to me, doesn't justify the taking of an innocents life. (just because you don't want anyone to know)

Here is a wonderful news story about the pro-life effort going on this season. You can be darn sure the woman in the story didn't hear about all of her "choices" inside that clinic! Woman tells pro-lifers she changed mind - al.com

Very nice story. It goes to show you that there have been some extreme protests in the past, but they are not all like that. I don't agree with some who shout out at women and call them names. There is a better way. Simply offering them help and giving other options is a good solution.

How will you feel if Obama's new guidelines do, in fact, require doctors to provide abortions? Or if it forces religious hospitals to provide abortions, which will likely have the effect of shutting them down?

I dont see how the guidelines could shut a hospital down ?

I think if a doc does not want to perform an abortion he should not have to . HOWEVER, he should provide information to a woman to a doctor who WILL and provide information to the woman on where she could go get one or what her other options are. I use to work for a doctor who did not believe in abortion and left it up to ME a CA to provide information to a woman on abortion . how assanine is that ? What if i was not giving her accurate information ? All i could do was give her info on where to go . But i was not a trained Nurse . It was irresponsible of him to leave that info to me . He had NO IDEA what i was giving her. I always gave her info of a doc that WOULD provide that info to her.

Mindy

Here's a fetal homicide case that just happened in Ohio:

Fetal Homicide Investigation

Excerpts:

SCIOTO COUNTY, Ohio (WSAZ) -- A new homicide investigation involving the termination of a pregnancy has police and prosecutors in Portsmouth, Ohio double checking their code books.

It all started with a car accident last Friday night in Portsmouth.

The crash caused a spontaneous abortion for one of the passengers, 18-year-old Jennifer King.

King was just four weeks pregnant at the time.

. . .

The police report says the crash caused Jennifer King to suffer a spontaneous abortion and police and prosecutors say by law, the apparent unlawful termination of a pregnancy calls for a homicide investigation.

“In Ohio, a crash with the death of an unborn fetus is looked at as a fatal crash,” said Officer Peters.

“He needs vehicle manslaughter or something, there were three pregnant women in the car and he still did it,” King said.

Heineman suffered a broken nose, concussion and fractured ribs.

The case remains under investigation and no arrests have been made yet.

Police say assault charges are possible in the punching incident.

As for the fetal homicide case, the charge could range anywhere from involuntary manslaughter to aggravated murder.

-----------------------

So here's another state where viability isn't an issue. Kill an unborn baby and you're charged with at least involuntary manslaughter. Oh, unless, of course, you're the mother.

Sorry I think that's bull sh*t !!!

from a CAR CRASH !!!

Mindy

You notice the article didn't say that manslauter charges WERE brought, just that the District Attorney might possibly consider something like that or maybe even something else. For all we know the person quoted is anti-choice and the journalist is trying to sensationalize it for his/her own purposes. These are the kinds of things that anti-choice people love to trot out. They just don't hold Water and their credibility suffers. Even if some D.A. somewhere thought it was justifiable to charge someone with murder or manslaughter in the case of a woman who was into a 4 month pregnancy, it doesn't mean that the case would hold up in court or that the D.A. is even right. It's like Mindy said so directly and to the point, this is a crock of manure.

Why would you think that's a bad thing to say?

I just think it is bad that women feel like they can't tell anyone they are pregnant. I think it is just a bad situation to be in.