Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

who supports right to choose

Are you Pro Life  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Are you Pro Life

• for Pro Life
    • for pro choice
    • pro choice only for extreme cases ie Mothers in danger of death

Most of the people in America claim to be christian. I say lets go with the majority vote. I've always felt that controversial issues should be voted upon by the American people. Why can't we put these things to a vote like we do the presidency. A one time vote every 5 or 10 years. All the questions on the ballot. Abortion, Gay marriages, death penalty,etc.

If this was a majority vote...look at the poll results so far...abortion would be legal. Pro-choice is the majority on this poll (If you look at the percentages up top)...So...Are you sure you know what you are asking for? As someone said before there are "Christians" that are pro-choice...

I did not in any part of my post say "proper". I did not say it was murder. I said that is the way it is now. I did not say agreed with it. I said that right now if an abortion is done illegally that the woman is held reasponsible for the death...I didn;t say where I stood one that issue...maybe you should read my posts more than once before you come at me with logic....thank you.

Sorry for putting words in your mouth. It really did sound like you agreed with the current legal situation. So where do you stand on the issue?

I think it is good that babies are being saved sooner. Not all of them have problems.

you would not say that if you have been in an NICU and see them and the issues they have.

its NOT a good idea to save babies sooner all the time

There are reasons there are guidlines.

Mindy

If this was a majority vote...look at the poll results so far...abortion would be legal. Pro-choice is the majority on this poll (If you look at the percentages up top)

There's an interesting nuance. The majority does not support abortion on demand through all 9 months of pregnancy, as is the current law of the land. The majority actually supports some pretty significant limitations on abortion. The stances are all over the lot (first trimester, second trimester, no abortion at all, only in cases of rape/incest/life of the mother, etc.). But as it currently stands in the opinion polls, the majority are not 100% in favor of abortion through all 9 months.

We're also seeing a trend towards more and more youth being more and more pro-life, so as time goes on the numbers wanting abortion to be illegal grows.

I just wanted to say also that my brother who is adopted was a crack baby and was born early and was in NICU. He is 13 now and he is just fine. I'm glad he was given a chance.

I am not saying that not all babies deserve a chance. However , I am saying that if guidelines are set up for babies to be "viable" it is not up to the docs to push the limits time and time again at 20, 19, 18 weeks. Its just not. docs have been known to do it to "see' if they can be the "First" to have a live birth at that gestation age. its playing" God" and not right.

I have no problem with a fetus having a chance at 28,30 plus weeks because their lungs and development are more advanced.

There is a BIG different between 20 and 30 weeks .

Mindy

I just wanted to say also that my brother who is adopted was a crack baby and was born early and was in NICU. He is 13 now and he is just fine. I'm glad he was given a chance.

how early ? People have different definitons of "early " and "premature"

Mindy

I am glad he is ok. He's very luck to have no complications.

I have taken care of Crack babies and its one of the worst situations for those poor babies.

Mindy

There's an interesting nuance. The majority does not support abortion on demand through all 9 months of pregnancy, as is the current law of the land. The majority actually supports some pretty significant limitations on abortion. The stances are all over the lot (first trimester, second trimester, no abortion at all, only in cases of rape/incest/life of the mother, etc.). But as it currently stands in the opinion polls, the majority are not 100% in favor of abortion through all 9 months.

We're also seeing a trend towards more and more youth being more and more pro-life, so as time goes on the numbers wanting abortion to be illegal grows.

Abortiion is legal in all 9 months in limited circumstances.

You cant just go in your 9th month and say " I want an abortion"

Mindy

I'm not really sure how early he was. All I really remember was he was very tiny. Yea, I know, he is very lucky not to have any problems. His mother was a prostitute addicted to drugs. He used to be really hyper, but he is fine now.

Abortiion is legal in all 9 months in limited circumstances.

You cant just go in your 9th month and say " I want an abortion"

Mindy

I don't know of a state where a woman can go get an abortion at 9 months just because she wants one. In the state I live in it is only legal up to 12 weeks. In Georgia, the next state over, I think the legal limit is 24 weeks. Is there a state that has it legal past that??

I am so tied of it always being an arguement instead of just a conversation. I think abortions should be legal which would mean that it wouldn't be consdered illegal/murder. I think that murder should only be used if therson was killing with an evil intent...Nothing you can say will make me question where I stand in any of this. I stand where I am because it is my opinion. I don't need you to "help" me look at the logic or see the "problem" here...it is my belief...that is why it is called MY belief and not YOURS!

Try to step away from the whole emotional and experiential component of abortion and think this through from a logical standpoint. Do you see why there are problems here?

Asking me to take my emotions and experience out of this is like telling you to remove your logic or patty to remove her god...We all have different reasons for where we stand...We shouldn't have to shut off that part of who we are and what we believe.

I don't know of a state where a woman can go get an abortion at 9 months just because she wants one. In the state I live in it is only legal up to 12 weeks. In Georgia, the next state over, I think the legal limit is 24 weeks. Is there a state that has it legal past that??

Roe and the companion case Doe guaranteed abortion through all 9 months of pregnancy for any reason whatsoever. If you want the fine print on the determination, I'd be happy to tell you (just let me know because I don't want to type the whole thing out if you're not interested).

The reason it's currently "illegal" after a certain period in certain states is because the law has not been challenged in the Supreme Court. Every time it is challenged, the restricting law is overturned.

There are very few doctors who can stomach a 9th month abortion, but they're out there. One of the most infamous ones is Tiller, aka "Tiller the Killer" in Kansas. But yes, there are abortionists around the country show "specialize" in 2nd and 3rd trimester abortions. And yes, you can just "walk in" and get one. Well, given that it's a several-day procedure, you can't just "walk in", but essentailly you can.