Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

who supports right to choose

Are you Pro Life  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Are you Pro Life

• for Pro Life
    • for pro choice
    • pro choice only for extreme cases ie Mothers in danger of death

It is pretty much impossible even now to find a doctor who will tie a woman's tubes unless she is older and/or has already had children. Women who do want a sex life and who don't want children must practice responsible birth control and yet can only hope that this does not fail them. In cases when this does fail it is good to know that these women have the option of terminating their pregnancies should they so wish. I am now 59 and have never regretted terminating my pregnancy when I was 31.

It is pretty much impossible even now to find a doctor who will tie a woman's tubes unless she is older and/or has already had children. Women who do want a sex life and who don't want children must practice responsible birth control and yet can only hope that this does not fail them. In cases when this does fail it is good to know that these women have the option of terminating their pregnancies should they so wish. I am now 59 and have never regretted terminating my pregnancy when I was 31.

I agree. It is very hard here to get a doctor to tie a woman's tubes unless she has had more than one kid. My cousin had 2 kids, and she counldn't even get hers tied. She couldn't even afford the 2 she had. Now she has 4. I think it is wrong to not tie someone's tubes if they want it, no matter what. It should be illegal. It is the woman's decision.

Unplanned pregnancies and remedies cannot to be classified in a 1, 2, 3, 4 grocery list of reasonsing. There are some usual reasons; some that could be classified together, like due to a grisley rape, for instance. But people are all different with different problems, physical limitations, mental limitations, religious beliefs, scientific beliefs and social beliefs. To try to lump everyone who might consider abortion into a group you've decided is relevant, is blindlingly ridiculous.

The whole point is: you have no right to intervene in another woman's bodily processes, nor do you have a right to judge her and choose her course of action about an unwanted, unplanned pregnancy. Just because you believe that abortion is nothing more than killing, doesn't mean that everyone views it in those terms. Not everyone takes the Bible literally, and not every Christian agrees with a singular assessment of what constitutes life.

People often sound like they are so endoctrinated in one narrow way of thinking that they have no capacity to understand that things are not simple, and that there are valid physiological and psychological reasons why abortion should be an option for women.

Once again, I know I sound like a broken record, but you have every right to not have an abortion. You have every right to speak your mind and try to convince people that abortion is wrong in your belief system. But what you're wanting to do is to take away my rights. YOU want to tell me that what you believe is the only truth. YOU want to tell me that I have no right to control my own body and my own medical treatment. YOU insist that if I chose to have an abortion, I am nothing but a murderer. YOU have no right to call anyone who chooses abortion that. YOU are not the decider. YOU are not God.

What a woman chooses to do when she finds that her birth control method failed, or she finds that she may die if she bears a child, or that her child doesn't have a brain or doesn't have a healthy heart or lungs and will be severely handicapped, or that she has been raped and brutalized and has become impregnanted by someone who is insane and that the insanity can be part of the genetic makeup of the fertilized egg she has inside her body, or millions of other reasons that cause a woman to consider abortion, is wholly within her rights and not a decision for you or the government.

Take a woman's right to choose away? No fair. No way. No how.

Many years ago I read a brilliantly written pamphlet entitled "Let's Legalize the Murder of Wives." In it, the author spelled out all the reasons why wife-murder should be legal: no one should be an unwanted wife, unwanted wives are likely to be abused, a husband shouldn't have to have a wife he doesn't want, unwanted wives are a burden on the family budget, and so forth. I wish I could find the pamphlet text online, as it was just brilliant. I will look for it at home and try to post it later.

The point is, we don't kill people because they're inconvenient, unwanted, or because we envision they might have an unpleasant future.

I think it is wrong to not tie someone's tubes if they want it, no matter what. It should be illegal. It is the woman's decision.

On that, you are 110% correct. It is unconscionable that a woman can't make this decision with her own body.

In this country, we protect life . we protect children from abusers and murderers and abductions. This is all the pro life person is trying to do. We are trying to protect children from their mothers who will kill them if they choose an abortion. What don't you get about that? It's not about 'christians' and their beliefs or 'what the bible says'. (Even though most christians are pro lifers) When you say that I don't have any right to intervene in another womans bodily processes, you are right, EXCEPT when she is going to take the life of someone else. Whenever someone is attempting to kill someone else, I would like to hope that anyone that knows about it would intervene. It all boils down to this one question: "Is the child inside the pregnant mother a living being?"

(cause if it is, then you can't take its life)

Well, is it a living being or not? What do you say?

I say "abort that wife!" lol. No, seriously, the parable was great. Like I said before, It all boils down to if the unborn baby is a living being, just like that wife is a living being. I believe it is. Take a look at any ultrasound and you will never doubt again that the unborn baby is a life.

Oh, they say all sorts of things. It's a being but it's not a life. It's not a human being until it's wanted. It's not a life until it's viable. The mother gets to decide when the life begins. It's not human until it can survive on its own. It's human and it's alive but it's not a human life. Anything to wiggle out of the plain facts that the thing growing in the womb is human being. Anything at all.

Many years ago I read a brilliantly written pamphlet entitled "Let's Legalize the Murder of Wives." In it, the author spelled out all the reasons why wife-murder should be legal: no one should be an unwanted wife, unwanted wives are likely to be abused, a husband shouldn't have to have a wife he doesn't want, unwanted wives are a burden on the family budget, and so forth. I wish I could find the pamphlet text online, as it was just brilliant. I will look for it at home and try to post it later.

The point is, we don't kill people because they're inconvenient, unwanted, or because we envision they might have an unpleasant future.

You can preach all you want. It doesn't change the fact that you are trying to force people to carry something in their body for nine months against their will.

You can't compare a husband and wife to a Woman and a fetus. The man doesn't have to carry the unwanted wife inside himself than push him out.

You are pretty militant in your beliefs.

Interesting fact even if it doesn't apply to you.

Did you know that 80% of so called pro lifers are men? People who have no chance of ever becoming preggers.

You can preach all you want. It doesn't change the fact that you are trying to force people to carry something in their body for nine months against their will.

You can't compare a husband and wife to a Woman and a fetus. The man doesn't have to carry the unwanted wife inside himself than push him out.

You are pretty militant in your beliefs.

Interesting fact even if it doesn't apply to you.

Did you know that 80% of so called pro lifers are men? People who have no chance of ever becoming preggers.

I agree, you can't compare a wife to a fetus. That is silly.

once again it all boils down to is a 'fetus' a life ? it's funny how pro choicers refer to the baby in the womb as a fetus and not a baby. By using this word, you downplay the life that's inside you. But the 'fetus' is ALIVE! and there are more men pro lifers probably becaus when their wives or girlfriends get pregnant and they want to see their children live, the women kill their babies and they can't do anything about it. What about the right of the Fathers???!!!

What some of you don't understand is that the question is not about whether the fertilized egg is an individual life, or there's just a blob of tissue present, or call it a clump of cells that will soon look like a fish, a zygote in waiting, or any other label you want to pin on it. That is not the issue.

The issue regarding Roe v. Wade, that you want to overturn, is about a woman's Constitutional rights. You place your beliefs above those of every woman in our country. You insist that your beliefs are not only correct, but that they are more important than each and every other American woman's Constitutional rights. I understand why you believe what you believe. But you may never understand why you are so completely and utterly wrong to insist on taking a woman's Constitutional rights away.

You cannot pass laws that govern the fetus when it affects the life of its' host. That you can call it a conflict of interests may be correct in your mind, but the life of a blob of tissue (by whatever name you wish to call it) does not have any constitutional rights. It is not an independent human being and that blob of tissue cannot be ruled to be more important than the woman who is carrying it, i.e., give it Constitutional rights that are deemed to be more important than the woman's.

Again if you believe that once a sperm has swum its' way up the tube, seeks out an egg and penetrates it, that it is instantly a baby, then by all means do your best to help the woman who is that fertilized egg's host bring that baby to term. However, you must stop short of physical intrusion and governmental control of that woman. You can't force the woman to adopt, you can't force her to have the fertilized egg extracted and given to another woman, or other physically intrusive actions. And you must stop short of taking away that woman-host's basic American provided Constitutional rights!

No fair, no way, no how.

That's a FASCINATING statistic. Do you mean 80% of pro-lifers are men, or 80% of men are pro-life? Either way, I'd just LOVE to see some back up on that INCREDIBLE statistic. I'll be waiting with baited breath. :regular_smile: