Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

who supports right to choose

Are you Pro Life  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Are you Pro Life

• for Pro Life
    • for pro choice
    • pro choice only for extreme cases ie Mothers in danger of death

When you state that there are two undisputable facts that

1. It is alive

2. It is a human being

I do agree that a fetus is alive but I do not agree that it is a human being. I agree with this statement it is alive and it is a human fetus but I do not believe that it is a human life. Once again it comes down to belief, you can disagree with me but it is what I believe. Just because you believe something is a fact doesn't make it a fact. It is definitly an opinion but not a fact.

What my fellow Canuck said.

I'm at the stage in my pregnancy where they're recommending the screening tests. Strong likelihood of false results, offering the options for additional testing with and end (intentional) result of carying to term or aborting the pregnancy. I'm 6 - 8 weeks from viability, and do not yet see it as a "human baby" inside of me.

I often heard, "You're pro-choice because you've never had a child." In part that's still true, I am pro-choice, and I've never had a child. I will, eventually, but I don't yet.

Wheetsin I thought I had caught on another thread that you're preggo! That's fabulous! I am thrilled for you. I hope everything goes very well for you and your DH.

My DD was faced with the decision of whether to have those tests. She's a real worrier - worse than I am. After doing tons of research and talking to her doctors, she opted to skip them. The reason was primarily because of the high liklihood of false positives and that lots of additional testing would be needed if they got any kind of positive reading. So a person might go through the additional testing only to find that it was a false positive and the additional testing is more risky than the original tests themselves.

Anyway it is definitely something that every woman has to decide for herself. Only you knows what you'll be comfortable with and what you'd do if the tests indicated something dreadfully wrong.

Things used to be so simple. We now have all these tests and knowledge that we didn't used to have to deal with. I guess they're a good thing, but it sure was simple to just get preggo, heat up the oven and 9 months later have a baby the easy way - with drugs. :-) Kidding, of course.

At any rate, I will be thinking of you often and wishing you an uneventful pregnancy with an easy delivery and a perfectly wonderful baby!

P.S. I've had kids and I'm definitely pro-choice. I think it may well be BECAUSE I've had children that I know for sure that banning abortion is not the correct thing for our country. Children are about the most important thing in the world.

We're leaning toward passing. It's definitely a tougher decision that I thought, because when you look at passing, quality of life issues come into play. And in the case of Down's, which is what my OB focused on, a positive would need an amniocentesis for further study, which in and of itself can cause problems.

Man, I thought I just got to have lots of sex...

I honestly think that if I ever do decide to have children, I'd like to go the pre-implantation genetic screening route, if possible, since I doubt I'll be married or have a partner at the time. But I dunno. Kids still freak/creep me out, when they're not actively driving me insane, lol!

Anybody see the "abortion as art" story that's going around the news? It was released yesterday (see Yale Daily News - For senior, abortion a medium for art, political discourse) and then today declared a hoax. Interesting reactions from all sides on this one -- I read somewhere that NOW denounced it (I can't find the link anymore). I wonder why?

Gadget- I did read about that a couple days ago before it was stating to be a hoax. I was in shock! I can't even believe that someone would even think of such a thing! What's sad is that even if it wasn't a hoax, it would still be okay with pro choicers since it wasn't a life to begin with.

Gadget- I did read about that a couple days ago before it was stating to be a hoax. I was in shock! I can't even believe that someone would even think of such a thing! What's sad is that even if it wasn't a hoax, it would still be okay with pro choicers since it wasn't a life to begin with.

Don't generalize, I know quite a few pro-choicers like me that were disgusted with what this woman was said to have done.

Don't generalize, I know quite a few pro-choicers like me that were disgusted with what this woman was said to have done.

Agreed - It's despicable whether your Pro Life OR Pro Choice. I've read that even though Yale came out to say this was a "hoax"... This woman is going to the Internet / Blogs saying it wasn't; she really did do it. I have no idea the truth - to be honest even the "Idea" is sick in of itself.

Wheetsin - Congrats on the pregnancy.

What the "artist" is saying now is that no one can know whether she was ever pregnant, including herself. Apparently, she'd repeatedly inject sperm into herself and then induce early periods (I think that's what she said, anyway). Either way, gross, and I definitely wouldn't call it art.

I honestly think that if I ever do decide to have children, I'd like to go the pre-implantation genetic screening route, if possible, since I doubt I'll be married or have a partner at the time. But I dunno. Kids still freak/creep me out, when they're not actively driving me insane, lol!

I don't like most children very much and I can't stand babies and toddlers. Some people are not maternal. I am one of them. I am 58 years old and I have never, ever regretted not having children. Women don't have to have children. (And there are many unwanted animals who need good homes, ya know.)

As for that "conceptual art event," it made the Canadian media. I am pleased to hear that this may in fact be a hoax. I was personally disgusted when I first heard about it.

Why would you think that a repulsive so-called art project would be "okay with pro choicers?" What a ridiculous and offensive statement! Being pro choice does not mean that one condones bad art. Please don't conflate tasteless art and the pro choice concerns over women's rights to their own bodies.

Green, you are spot on! I wasn't even going to address this latest gadget post showing another offensive link or the subsequent post that inferred that pro-choice people would be interested in or condone that "artist's" revolting effort to get her 15 minutes of fame.

It would be like saying that Mapplethorpe's use of use of an image of Christ juxtaposed next to a penis in one of his works of art would make Christians happy. ;)

Why would you think that a repulsive so-called art project would be "okay with pro choicers?" What a ridiculous and offensive statement! Being pro choice does not mean that one condones bad art. Please don't conflate tasteless art and the pro choice concerns over women's rights to their own bodies.

My point is that it is still legal. I don't apologize for my statement. Pro Choice people- as it's been my understanding this entire thread, that a woman has a right to determine what to do with her own body. Had she really followed through with what ended up being a hoax, the legality of it doesn't change. My statement of it being okay means that there would be no consequence for this young lady had it not been a hoax.

If this had not been a hoax- would you believe there should be a consequence to the student?