Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

who supports right to choose

Are you Pro Life  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Are you Pro Life

• for Pro Life
    • for pro choice
    • pro choice only for extreme cases ie Mothers in danger of death

I am also so sorry, is it okay to call someone names now? Just curious, seems like the personal attacks are acceptable as long as your being nice to someone.

Here goes my attempt at being a great guy.

BJean, thanks for providing some clarity to my comments you are a wise person. Not like that mean ELENATION who can say some trerrible things in her role as a Parrot. It's hard to believe how she and others can say such Nasty things about me all the while talking about what good people they are.

Who knows maybe if someone gets that I am being sarcastic we can all puke liquids through our noses. Then go on and on about how good we are and how bad others who's opinions we disagree with are evil doers.

Finally empathy occurs when someone feels a sense of shared experience providing the abillity to provide support and understanding for their pain. Not when someone feels that sense of shared experience providing the abillity to provide support and understanding and I will use your pain to support their position/opinion even if it makes you feel bad!!!!!!

Its ok to say anything you want Tommy. Jesus will just forgive you the next morning. Well, unless your talking about pro choice opinions. You will burn for that one.:)

I am also so sorry, is it okay to call someone names now? Just curious, seems like the personal attacks are acceptable as long as your being nice to someone.

Here goes my attempt at being a great guy.

BJean, thanks for providing some clarity to my comments you are a wise person. Not like that mean ELENATION who can say some trerrible things in her role as a Parrot. It's hard to believe how she and others can say such Nasty things about me all the while talking about what good people they are.

Who knows maybe if someone gets that I am being sarcastic we can all puke liquids through our noses. Then go on and on about how good we are and how bad others who's opinions we disagree with are evil doers.

Finally empathy occurs when someone feels a sense of shared experience providing the abillity to provide support and understanding for their pain. Not when someone feels that sense of shared experience providing the abillity to provide support and understanding and I will use your pain to support their position/opinion even if it makes you feel bad!!!!!!

TommyO: I'm not sure what names you feel you were being called, but I do know that Gadgetlady apologized for anything she said that was mean and I do believe she was sincere. But when did anyone say "nasty" things while talking about "what good people they are"?? I don't see any posts like that. Obviously, stating support for a position or statement that you agree with or find interesting is common to everyone. I don't think it implies an "I am good, you are evil" view, in my opinion. Or make you a "parrot", for that matter. You are strong in your opinions and your support of a certain viewpoint; others are as well, in theirs. I know that things get heated here but Gadgetlady and others have graciously cooled things down, so why bring it up again? "Can't we all just get along" for a little while longer?:)

TommyO, you know we don't allow name-calling. Nor can we see every post, or sometimes even pages of posts. If you've been called a name, please report it.

TommyO: I'm not sure what names you feel you were being called, but I do know that Gadgetlady apologized for anything she said that was mean and I do believe she was sincere. But when did anyone say "nasty" things while talking about "what good people they are"?? I don't see any posts like that. Obviously, stating support for a position or statement that you agree with or find interesting is common to everyone. I don't think it implies an "I am good, you are evil" view, in my opinion. Or make you a "parrot", for that matter. You are strong in your opinions and your support of a certain viewpoint; others are as well, in theirs. I know that things get heated here but Gadgetlady and others have graciously cooled things down, so why bring it up again? "Can't we all just get along" for a little while longer?:)

Why you keep saying gadgetlady? He didn't even mention her name. However he did mention ELENATION who, sory for repeating this, was acting like a parrot. She was stroking everyone that was pro life while calling the pro choice people quote "rude and nasty".

She also, told me I had more then just the words "church goer" to go to confession with.

Then goes on to say how wonderful all the other people are which is the point tommy O was trying to make.

Gadgetlady, had for the most part been very civil, except for the one comment she apologized for. And Tommy O didn't mention her in this post.

Yes, TommyO I think that you have mastered the art of name-calling here. First you have to qualify everything you say with a claim that you are not being mean. Then it is acceptible to say just about anything if you lean to the right. And if you are a right-leaning poster, you can accuse everyone else of being horrible people, especially if they are pro-choice or anti-capital punishment or especially if you are against the war in Iraq. :lol:

But hey wait a minute, I don't want to give the impression that I am being negative or hateful in any way. I honestly just wanted to make those observations in case you or anyone else becomes wary of posting because you've seen what happens. By observing the vocal minority here, I'm pretty sure there's safety in numbers, so I think it is good for us to give each other support when we can and that's what I'm trying to do. :w00t:

I have been the lone ranger at this thread from time to time. And I have gotten the wind knocked out of my sails more than once. I want everyone who wants to post at this thread to feel free to do so. That's why I think it's good to apologize when we step on someone's toes. Too much of the time I never even know that I have stepped on someone's toes when I get called down. :biggrin:

You keep up the good work, Tommy. I have appreciated your insight on many occasions! :)

These quotes are form ELENATION. They are not any worse then what tommy o put up. I just like to add that most of ELE's replys were to tommy who made no comment of anyone specifically, but were directed towards religious people against abortions. Which many prolifers on here prclaim doesn't include them!

Oh Gadget, I don't think you had to apologize, I really don't, you are only human, but I do understand what you mean and how you feel though, you truly are a good person. Now, I do believe that if you apologize, then others here should apologize too, over, and over, and over....... just my opinoin.

LOL! too funny.... the problem is that an extended golfing break will inflict pain on any possible golfing buddies or people around..... let's not be selfish and let's all share the pain.......

Sorry, I couldn't resis

Gadget, I strongly believe that there is not doubt in anyone's mind here that Tommy O was being rude and insulting, despite of any comments from anyone saying otherwise in an attempt to obtain support for their views, his post was clear in regards to his manners, and anyone that can read english can surely see the personal attack and not a civil discussion/debate from his part, but truly, his posts bring nothing positive or intellectual in my opinion and I believe they are much better ignored, they are not worth it.

Tommy O, your post comes across rude and insulting to say the least, therefore you are the one showing that you are the narrow minded one..........., besides, why would you even consider posting at all when ultimately you are dealing with people like "us"? even if you are "just clarifying", you are still addressing "us" narrow minded people.... please don't stoop down to our level, you are way above us!!!!!!!!!!!!! laughable but it see that's how you feel..... and really, it's kind of funny after all.... you showed your intellect beautifully. LOL!

Edited by snuffy65

Actually Wheetsin I did not know that there was a policy in place that prohibits name calling. That's a good policy.

Is there a policy against claiming that someone is calling you a name, when in fact they haven't?

Oh pooh, I'm nitpicking now. Ignore me. I am still wanting to be on a peace for progress mission.

:) Wish there was a smiley face with a halo...

Actually Wheetsin I did not know that there was a policy in place that prohibits name calling. That's a good policy.

Is there a policy against claiming that someone is calling you a name, when in fact they haven't?

Oh pooh, I'm nitpicking now. Ignore me. I am still wanting to be on a peace for progress mission.

angel.gif Wish there was a smiley face with a halo...

Fixed! hehe

I mentioned Gadgetlady because it was she and TommyO who were the most engaged in "battle" right before TommyO left. And because she was doing the most posting and was the one who admitted that she had gotten too heated up in her posts.

BJean, I feel the same way as you do except from the other side. I have gotten so beaten up on this thread I virtually stopped posting here. Besides Gadgetlady, I was usually the lone voice for days because the others on my side had been driven off by the attacks. Until recently it was much more "pro-choice" than "pro-life" here and if anyone was brave enough to admit being on this side of the debate, they were considered a religious fanatic and incapable of rational thought. Now that a few more pro-life people have joined the debate, it has become a little easier to post here for many of us. That you feel like a minority is almost funny, since that has been the general feeling of us on this side since this thread started. I guess it is natural that the different sides grow and decline as the debate rages on....

Why you keep saying gadgetlady? He didn't even mention her name. However he did mention ELENATION who, sory for repeating this, was acting like a parrot. She was stroking everyone that was pro life while calling the pro choice people quote "rude and nasty".

She also, told me I had more then just the words "church goer" to go to confession with.

Then goes on to say how wonderful all the other people are which is the point tommy O was trying to make.

Gadgetlady, had for the most part been very civil, except for the one comment she apologized for. And Tommy O didn't mention her in this post.

OK, acting like a parrot? :biggrin: , I can't help but laugh at the comment...if agreeing with someone is what you or Tommy call acting like a parrot, then I'm proud to be one... and complementing Gadget was the least I could do, she did an absolute great job defending her views which are also mine and she did it in a way I could've never done it, what's wrong with me telling her that I think she is a good person? I think she is, so what? I have complemented others in this forum before, many times, and sometimes they have been folks that I don't even agree with their views, I could name names right now, but I don't think it's necessary, I admire many people here who do not share my views, I'm sorry that you have never heard me say it before... but now you know, and as far as you and/or Tommy making the little parrot comment, well, I do believe that it's rude too, however, to me, it all comes down to the source... so no worries... and if you were just trying to repeat what TOmmy said and you didn't mean to be rude to me, then no worries either... I appreciate your kindness in advance... but remember that if someone feels that you are reapeting yourself or backing someone's opinion, you may be called a parrot too... :)

Now, I never told YOU that you had to confess because you said church goers, go back and read my post if you wish, I said that there were other nicer words to refer to people who attended church.

As far as TOmmy being rude, I believe he is, I didn't call him names, and I don't think anybody did either, however, in my opinion, he is rude often and I don't think that is an insult, and I'm pretty sure it's not just my opinion, if you go back on time, other people have expressed the same feelings about him before, I believe that there is nothing wrong with stating one's opinion, but I assure you that my style is not to call anybody names, of course we all get very passionate about some topics and sometimes it gets a little out of control for mostly everybody, I understand that.... by the way, I never called the pro-choice people rude and nasty, I may have said that some people are indeed rude and/or nasty, because of their behavior, but definitely not because they are pro-choice.

Edited by ELENATION

These quotes are form ELENATION. They are not any worse then what tommy o put up. I just like to add that most of ELE's replys were to tommy who made no comment of anyone specifically, but were directed towards religious people against abortions. Which many prolifers on here prclaim doesn't include them!

I stand by everything I said regarding Tommy, in my opinion, he did come across rude and insulting and still keeps doing so...

Edited by ELENATION

A parrot is an animal who will repeats what a person says in conversations and contributes nothing else except "squawks" and "eeks".

Hmm sounds like someone who posts here.........

So go ahead and cast the first stone. Your pretty good at it!

Edited by snuffy65

LBloom: You are very correct! I remember times when anti-choice participants felt like lone rangers here. The debate does seem to ebb and flow in other ways too.

We all seem to enjoy supporting anyone who has a viewpoint that is similar to our own. And we all seem to feel persecuted when someone with an opposing viewpoint challenges us. Guess it's to be expected.

This has been a very interesting thread to follow. There quite honestly have been good arguments from both sides. I believe it has served to help us all think a little more about what's going on around the country on this topic.

Personally it's been my experience to observe that the more vocal the Christian right wing has become about making abortion illegal, the more hysterical we have become over the years, when defending our beliefs.

Now I know some people who are anti-choice say that their position on this topic has "nothing" to do with their Christian faith, but I have a very difficult time accepting that.

We did not grow up making up our own minds and forming our own belief systems without influences somewhere along the line. There is a history of how the various churches around the globe have defined their stance on abortion. The arguments here against a woman's right to choose do parrot those churches edicts from the pulpit.

I guess it could be a coincidence, but it doesn't seem likely. So when people say that their beliefs on banning a woman's right to choose have nothing to do with their religious faith, I not only wonder how we are expected to buy it, but more importantly I wonder why they want to separate their beliefs about abortion and their religious beliefs. I'm sure there must be a good reason but I just don't get it. :confused2:

A parrot is an animal who will repeats what a person says in converstations and contributes nothing else except "squawks" and "eeks".

Hmm sounds like someone who posts here.........

So go ahead and cast the first stone. Your pretty good at it!

Contributes nothing except "Squawks" and "eeks"?? Who does that?? Seems like we all state our opinions here quite well.... so what or who are you talking about?