Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

who supports right to choose

Are you Pro Life  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Are you Pro Life

• for Pro Life
    • for pro choice
    • pro choice only for extreme cases ie Mothers in danger of death

thank you.. mark. and luluc...I am passionate about it. I feel it's wrong and NO noone has the right answer to solve the disspute between people who feel differently. I do believe its murder and its wrong but I believe that people should be able to make their decisions themselves. Whether someone does or doesn't do it, doesn't effect me directly. I know that baby is probably better off not even being in this cruel heartless world. I am not flip floping anything. I have stood by my thoughts and beliefs and I will. and my use of LOL represented my knowledge that this is just a forum and I am not speaking in front of people who make laws and I am not speaking in from of the house of representative. Although I feel that some may think they have that power obviously. It's wierd that you say you don't know how to respond yet you do anyway...but that's cool everyone has their oppinions and right to them. I am only commenting on what I feel I should and what I want to say and if your confused by it so be it. I am not getting a grade on how well I debate myself in this forum. You have every right to call me on whatever you feel you should and I will respond with the best of me. Thanks :(

Ash - I said I "struggled" with how to respond, only because in discussions like these "over the net" words can get lost in translation, and intent of dialogue misconstrued. I respect your value system immensley - it is however yours, and there are others as you have read that wholeheartedly disagree...that would be the great thing about free speech :(.

yeh...I guess I just get fired up about things. I repect anyone who stands up for what they believe in, even if I don't feel the same. At least they believe in something. Thank you for you input and sorry if I came off as overbearing and cynical that was not my intentions at all. I wasn't trying to be snappy either. It's all good and at least we can say that we agree to disagree :( hope you have a great day and a great weekend.

ash congratulations on your weight loss. Keep up the great work!

I have enjoyed reading the past several posts. Logic and passion and thinking things through are all inspired by discussions such as this. And that's a good thing.

yeh...I guess I just get fired up about things. I repect anyone who stands up for what they believe in, even if I don't feel the same. At least they believe in something. Thank you for you input and sorry if I came off as overbearing and cynical that was not my intentions at all. I wasn't trying to be snappy either. It's all good and at least we can say that we agree to disagree :( hope you have a great day and a great weekend.

Hi, ash. Once again I find myself delighting in the joys of the internet. As you may already know, it is thanks to the internet that Gadget and myself, two individuals who hold opposing views on this issue, are able to meet and to talk with each other, and, dare I say, have both a certain degree of respect and fondness for each other even though we occupy positions in what may be considered to be enemy camps.

And now you are truly part of the internet world, I figure. You see, you have chosen to engage in this complicated debate, and by doing so you are finding that you are experiencing an array of arguments both in favour and against freedom of choice. You will find this interesting, I am sure. Welcome to the discussion, grrl, sez Grrrn.

For the record I have almost rabid feelings about this issue. I do not have rabid feelings toward people who disagree with me. I do argue for all I'm worth, but I try to not carry it over to any other non-related threads.

I too believe that Marjon9 and kagoscuba have summed it up pretty well and luluc and I probably share many of the same beliefs. green and I don't communicate in the same way (she's so eloquent) but we agree on most things. It's very comforting to find people who agree with me. But I'm sure I learn a whole lot from people with differing viewpoints from mine. Even though sometimes I find myself tearing my hair out. Thank goodness for Biotin. :(

Diplomacy is something I am asked to work on by the spousal unit, which I think Green does a good deal in her dialogue. BJean, I do share similar thoughts on this subject, and the hole in my cheek sometime burns when drinking my Fav Fab Cab from biting it often. My rabid impulses have gotten the best of me, I try to keep them in check "most" of the time:)

Unfortunately I don't have anyone in my corner encouraging me to use... how you say... diplomacy... that word doesn't readily roll off my keyboard. I am glad you reminded me and I will look it up in my dictonary and do my best to keep it in mind. Maybe I'm the one who should have a dog avatar.

I know this is irrelevant, and Ive promised to keep myself out of this and other rants and raves discussions (many of you know why). However, I just wanted to let you guys know that I am now 6 months along, and although this whole thing wasnt planned; and yes I hate it, but I admit I have thought of what my life would be like if I had had an abortion, I am truly happier than I have ever been in my entire life. Im so much stronger, responsible, mature, and confident than I was pre-pregnancy.

Just thought I would throw that out there. That abortion isnt the answer for every soon-to-be single-mother (I know most of you dont believe that it is, but for the few that do). Im proud and happy with my decision, I know its not easy, but I feel like I have made the right one as opposed to my ex-roomate who now has to go to counseling because of the abortion she had, its been that rough on her. She will barely even speak to me, because I chose to keep my baby girl and she didnt keep her baby. She admits to over-reacting, but what is done is done, but she just cant get that through her mind right now.

Anyways, just thought I would put this out there :)

Jodie congratulations on your healthy pregnancy. It is thrilling to read that you are happier and more mature, stronger and more confident than you've ever been. I am sure that all of us here at LBT wish you an easy and short delivery! It really is great to hear back from you after a while - I'm sure everyone has been wondering how you're doing. I'm really glad that you took the time to post here.

I am sorry that your friend is having problems. It must be hard for her to have to face you with you making the opposite decision and being so incredibly happy about it at about the same time she had to make her decision. I hope she is has found someone good to counsel with and that she able to deal with everything in a healthy and healing way.

Btw, I don't know of anyone here who believes that abortion is the only good solution to an unwanted pregnancy. What we're discussing here is whether or not you and your friend should be able to continue to have the opportunity that you had to make the decisions you made without interference from the government.

yeh...I guess I just get fired up about things. I repect anyone who stands up for what they believe in, even if I don't feel the same. At least they believe in something. Thank you for you input and sorry if I came off as overbearing and cynical that was not my intentions at all. I wasn't trying to be snappy either. It's all good and at least we can say that we agree to disagree :lol: hope you have a great day and a great weekend.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.

One of my favorite quotes, I try to live by it!

Just out of interest for the pro-lifers, what is your position on embryos used for IVF treatment? Many times there are embryos left over after successful treatments and they are sometimes thawed and allowed to perish?

What is your standpoint on those potential children?

Just curious.......

Jodie congratulations on your healthy pregnancy. It is thrilling to read that you are happier and more mature, stronger and more confident than you've ever been. I am sure that all of us here at LBT wish you an easy and short delivery! It really is great to hear back from you after a while - I'm sure everyone has been wondering how you're doing. I'm really glad that you took the time to post here.

I am sorry that your friend is having problems. It must be hard for her to have to face you with you making the opposite decision and being so incredibly happy about it at about the same time she had to make her decision. I hope she is has found someone good to counsel with and that she able to deal with everything in a healthy and healing way.

Btw, I don't know of anyone here who believes that abortion is the only good solution to an unwanted pregnancy. What we're discussing here is whether or not you and your friend should be able to continue to have the opportunity that you had to make the decisions you made without interference from the government.

Thanks for the good wishes :lol: The only reason I did say that about people believing that abortion is the answer to unplanned pregnancy is because when I first told people on here I got a couple of responses along the line of "you should just get rid of it" and so forth as well as telling me to just either have an abortion or give the baby up for adoption, neither of which were ever an option in my own mind. However, adoption is GREAT and I plan on adopting children in the future, Ive ALWAYS wanted to adopt (from the United States) because I feel like our orphans are often overlooked and neglected by people because of money and it is hard to get a baby baby here, I wouldnt mind adopting older children. Anyways, thats a whole different subject....however I was just explaining my post :)

Abortion is one answer to an unwanted and unexpected pregnancy. It is certainly not the only answer and I would hope that no one who is pro choice believes otherwise. The truth is that the modern North American woman does have many options which were not available to her ancesters. She can opt to abort, or to have her child and keep it, or she can follow through with her pregnancy and then offer that child up to another family for adoption. All women are now free to follow any of these paths and they can do so without suffering the disrespect of society. This is a good thing, eh?