Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

who supports right to choose

Are you Pro Life  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Are you Pro Life

• for Pro Life
    • for pro choice
    • pro choice only for extreme cases ie Mothers in danger of death

Ok, fine, excuse me for trying to put everyone on the same level. If you would ask me something of a similar nature i would agree.

That's your decision. I don't answer potentially loaded or controversial questions without knowing what I'm answering. If someone asks me a question that begs explanation, I ask for the explanation first. If you asked me about someone dying for another's sins, I would need context, and, of course, how sin is defined.

Also, LOL to your ''Looking forward to life'' ... good luck with that.

You're such a pleasant person. I imagine you're a friend magnet.

Well, I don't know what hasn't been answered, but I have to go live my life now! I'm hopping aboard the ship again and probably won't have any internet access for a long while. I'd be happy to answer any questions when I get back. I think if you review this thread in detail you will see that there's nothing on this issue that I'm afraid of addressing. Best to all!

What right does one religion have to inflict their beliefs on another? The belief that an embryo is a human being is a belief based on religion. Science and laws claim otherwise.

Why is it that if a doctor stands up and pushes forward (many times at the risk of his own life) doing what he believes to be true it is a horror. If a Catholic priest in Iraq does the same thing it is courageous?

My *personal* belief is that I respect human life, period. An embryo is human life, it is not a human being, a person. It's not canine life, it's human. I respect human life therefore *I* would not have an abortion. I will not assist in abortions, never have. But that does not mean I have the right to inflict my feelings on others. Why do others claim to have a right to inflict their beliefs on other women? I don't get it.

I don't necessarily think that most woman who are pro life are trying to inflict their beliefs on others, I am certain that is not my intent. My intent is to try to protect those unborn children. If their own mother is unwilling to, who will? Someone has to at least try to make a difference.

The baby has a heartbeat long before she even knew she was pregnant. How can killing the child even be an option? It just seems so wrong. I don't think I will ever understand where this thought process stems from. It just seem selfish. If your ready to have sex then going into it you have to be ready to accept the consequence of sex. A possible baby. Which is why I believe in sex only within the bounds of marriage. Of course that is also unheard of in these times. If those values where still instilled in our children then maybe we'd have less unwanted children. ??

And you.... You don't answer my hypothetical scenario. I did NOT say abortion was the procedure. Just putting it so that you are on the same viewpoint as I. You see, to me an abortion is a medical procedure, to you it's murder. Thats why i didnt specify. Now if that doctor was ANY other doctor would he not be courageous?

If he was a doctor treating AIDS and that was illegal because the country you live in believes its a punishment from god and aiding someone affected by it is wrong. Would you think someone fighting for what he believes is right to be courageous? I would be hard pressed to find someone who doesnt.

Firstable you! WTH? "You" has a name and is ELENA, show a little respect.... well, if you can.... I'm not sure about that now....

Again, if that would've been any other doctor, then I would consider if I find it courageus or not, it depends on what he is doing, again and again, what it seem courageous to you may seem disgusting to others, you need to get that...I believe I answered your question and pretty darn straight but I never expected you to see it that way, I'm not surprised...

Some people find Hugo Chavez in Venezuela courageous because he is comfronting the US and supposedly helping the poor in his country, I say he is not courageous at all, I guarantee you he is a liar nasty dictator, courageous? NOT, but some idiots may think he is.... look at the few dumb celebrities that go there to support him! people that are absolutley disconnected from reality , that are rich, that know nothing about communism... they think he is courageous, I say that they as well as Chavez and dumb uninformed idiots!, I know, this is a whole different topic... but I felt like bringing it anyways...:biggrin1:

Firstable you! WTH? "You" has a name and is ELENA, show a little respect.... well, if you can.... I'm not sure about that now....

Again, if that would've been any other doctor, then I would consider if I find it courageus or not, it depends on what he is doing, again and again, what it seem courageous to you may seem disgusting to others, you need to get that...I believe I answered your question and pretty darn straight but I never expected you to see it that way, I'm not surprised...

Some people find Hugo Chavez in Venezuela courageous because he is comfronting the US and supposedly helping the poor in his country, I say he is not courageous at all, I guarantee you he is a liar nasty dictator, courageous? NOT, but some idiots may think he is.... look at the few dumb celebrities that go there to support him! people that are absolutley disconnected from reality , that are rich, that know nothing about communism... they think he is courageous, I say that they as well as Chavez and dumb uninformed idiots!, I know, this is a whole different topic... but I felt like bringing it anyways...:biggrin1:

ANd I will add, please don't compara AIDS with abortion...AIDS is a fatal illness....lame comparison.

Do you realize it would have been faster and easier to answer the questions vs. writing out in detail why you won't respond?

The questions are not tough. They are pretty simple. But the above is what I expect in this type of debate. Instead of admitting someone else has a point, attack the person instead of agreeing on small points.

Well, I don't think she avoided the question, just because she didn't write exactly the words the way you want to hear doesn't mean she avoided the questions and also this is the internet which sometimes we are answering something and it could sound different at the other end, you should know that, I personally understood her poing and why agreeing on "small points" if you just don't agree? do we need a lesson as to how to debate or answer to posts accordingly here? and I didn't see ANY attacks from LR, NONE.:paranoid

You're such a pleasant person. I imagine you're a friend magnet.

Oh man!!!!!!!! that was too funny! I totally agree! it's the reason why I wake up everyday, to meet people like that.....what a delight!:faint:

:clap2::clap2::clap2:

Is vulgar offensive language allow here??? ok...I'll refrain myself....:guess:clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2:

Well, this is what I was trying to answer last night. You say this is a true story of someone, but since I don't know this person, I was trying to find out more about him. I hate taking anyone's word about anything until I try to learn it myself. I'm funny that way. As far as this scenario, what I can say is that anyone who survived a concentration camp is brave and deserves respect. Anyone who studies and learns enough to become a doctor also deserves respect. As for the rest, it would depend on so many factors to answer that. It would depend on the procedure, the reasons the law is against it, and so many other things. Quack doctors think all sorts of things are good and necessary, but many others would disagree. In the U.S., a doctor who performs "mercy killings" thinks he has invented something that is useful and beneficial and humanitarian, but there is a huge debate on that and currently he is not allowed to practice. You could say many of the same good things about him, also. I would not call him courageous for the killings he has done, although I can sympathize with the people who think so. So that is why this scenario does not have a quick "yes" or "no" answer to it and needed more information. If you are talking strictly about abortion and this doctor, again, since I am not for abortion, I probably would not use the word "courageous" to describe him, but I can say that it sounds like he has done alot of important things with his life and I am sure he thinks he is doing the right things. Does that answer the question?

EXACTLY!, but they just want us to agree.... not inform ourselves more before we agree or disagree, just take their word and agree... otherwise, "we are just not answering tue questions" ...unreal...:faint:

Robin I would love to count you as a friend of mine. You are thoughtful, intelligent and I know that to sit across from you over coffee, I would learn something.

I am sorry, L8Bloom that you decided that I was getting personal with you several pages past. I wasn't getting personal at all. I was trying to make my own point and I did not mention your name in the process at all. I was shocked by your accusation that I was being harsh. Unless of course that harsh is anyone who disagrees with you. I can understand that - DEFINITELY - because the many times here, the harshest people are the ones who claim to have the best interests of unborn babies at heart.

I have been surprised at the level of venom that has flown toward a young lady who has given us much to debate here.

The bottom line here is that if you don't believe in abortion, then don't have them. Do all you can to convince others that they shouldn't have abortions, if you choose.

I believe differently than you and I believe that the government and you have no business telling me what to believe and how to conduct my own private medical decisions. I do not insist that anyone of you embrace my beliefs and I would never dream of insisting that one of you have an abortion, even if I knew for a fact that your child would be a burden on me personally.

If you want to bring trot out heartstring-tugging stories, believe me I could add some of my own about my DD and the unfortunate deaths of her two babies in utero. Those deaths in no way cause me to change my beliefs about women's right to choose.

Boy, I sure wish I had time to be here today! I barely have time to read, much less post, on the free wi-fi I found on land today.

Think about all Hitler and Stalin did to rise to power. Weren't they courageous??? To get all that power in the face of those trying to depose and fight them?

No, he is not courageous. He is evil. I do not ever applaud the efforts of mass murderers, regardless of how innovative they are.

Oh but you don't find that doctor courageous? how is that possible? they are trying to get a yes or no answer and implying that we are not answering the question, or that we are answering the question wrong, but it's a lie, it was answered, long version, short version, I was as straight as you were, but it's just not good enough. Let me join you and say it again

NO, I DON'T THINK HE IS COURAGEOUS AT ALL, NOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Should I give an explanation of why I think he is not courageous, which I did before already? but then again if I do, that wouldn't be a straight answer either.... darn you can't win, but the good thing is that I really don't care...:)