Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

who supports right to choose

Are you Pro Life  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Are you Pro Life

• for Pro Life
    • for pro choice
    • pro choice only for extreme cases ie Mothers in danger of death

L8bloomr....you havent responded to ANYTHING i've written. What about my hypothetical scenario? What do you think about these articles, please do try to answer me...I eagerly await what you have to say.

L8bloomr....you havent responded to ANYTHING i've written. What about my hypothetical scenario? What do you think about these articles, please do try to answer me...I eagerly await what you have to say.

I don't know, from what I have read when you put L8bloomr on the spot the meaning behind the original post suddenly changes.

Perhaps I will be proven wrong. Maybe when you back L8bloomr in a corner as you and I both have, we'll see the real meaning behind the posts.

Ok...lets do a hypothetical scenario.

1. You are a nazi concentration camp survivor

2. You are freed and you study medicine

3. You become a doctor.

4. You are ahead of your time before it's legal in your country to perform a procedure (in the sense that you see it as a medical procedure and they see it as a crime)

5. You openly claim what you have done, because you are a strong believer in the fact that it is safe and better than the alternative (black market procedures/ unsafe practices)

6. You go to court all the way until the supreme court claims you are right

7. Your clinics are at constant threat from violence and harrasment.

Regardless of what procedure...Is this person not courageous?

(this is the true story of Dr. Henry Morgentaler)

I had never heard of this doctor until you mentioned him yesterday. I have tried to learn about him via the internet, and there is quite a bit of mixed info. He is admired on the atheist and pro-abortion websites, and disliked on the pro-life and some web news sites such as this one: Dr. Henry Morgentaler, $5-MILLION MAN

This was an interesting hypothetical question but it can only be answered by those who are more familiar with this man and his life than I am.

L8bloomr...

Based on the bits of information provided here, THAT scenario, what is your opinion? It really does not matter what the atheists have to say or the prolifers. What do YOU think? Again, based on info provided here, THAT scenario.

Rob....

Do a search at ReligiousTolerance.org by the Ontario Consultants on Religious Tolerance.

Mostly, check out religion stats. It's quite the eye opener. And you can't find a more non-biased source of information.

Oh yes, i know i've read the book god is not great by christopher hitchens. It's hard to conceive that atheists/agnostics are oft-times 3-4 times greater numbers than jewish populations. You wouldnt think so because of their greater political influence and lobbies etc. But I believe it's dawkins that said, (paraphrasing) that getting atheists into a group is like herding cats, they all think for themselves, they are rational and don't follow a herd.

hahaha, yes, she won't even answer a simple hypothetical scenario. I guess it's because she knows that deep down she HAS to say yes.

Well, I have responded to your posts, and just did again. You, on the other hand, didn't respond to my long post yesterday on "religious criminals." I understand that most of us have jobs and lives outside of LBT, so I don't take it personally or think you are afraid to answer. I leave that paranoia to others to use as attacks. I just figure you are busy and will answer when and if you can.

I had never heard of this doctor until you mentioned him yesterday. I have tried to learn about him via the internet, and there is quite a bit of mixed info. He is admired on the atheist and pro-abortion websites, and disliked on the pro-life and some web news sites such as this one: Dr. Henry Morgentaler, $5-MILLION MAN

This was an interesting hypothetical question but it can only be answered by those who are more familiar with this man and his life than I am.

Why would you read a POLITICAL article about him. This is just a bitch/moan article about taxes and funding. His history is much more interesting.

Yes, i know i gave up on the religious criminals thing. It was talked about and i couldnt really add anything scientific. I tried, but that halfbaked article was the best i could come up with. I can tell you this though. Religion doesn't strenghten anything. Christian marriages end more frequently than atheist marriages. I guess t'ill death do us part is not to be taken as literally as the bible they are saying should be.

I don't know, from what I have read when you put L8bloomr on the spot the meaning behind the original post suddenly changes.

Perhaps I will be proven wrong. Maybe when you back L8bloomr in a corner as you and I both have, we'll see the real meaning behind the posts.

I am amazed at the level of sarcasm and mean spiritness coming from you. I don't owe you an answer in the amount of time you allot for it. I do research before I answer, and I have never shied away from answering anything. But I am also busy with my real life and can't spend unlimited/uninterrupted time always when I want. My DH comes in and out of the room when I am using the computer, also. So it can take a few minutes to get an answer typed. Sorry if you don't have anything else to do but attack others when they don't respond in the way you think they should. I always answer anyone who addresses me, but in this case, the "haha" stuff is too childish to even relate to. I don't post just to see my own words; I like thoughtful debate and civil exchanges. It is obvious that this had degenerated into something else. It is midnight here and I am done for the night.

One of the things I always look at when I read these rants are the ages of those posting. 20 years old is a very typical debating age. As much as they want to feel like they know all and their beliefs are the bottom line often life changes a person. Life lessons come from living, it is much harder for me to respect a reply from Rob then L8bloomr or Wasa only bc they have lived and learned. So rarely will I join in on these rants and raves, it just seems pointless and fruitless. Like I said before I doubt that I'm going to change anyones mind on this subject, but I do think that as person lives they will evolve and what Rob feels so strongly about today may well be the opposite of how he feels 25 years from now.

Once again the point was turned on Christians and how we try to push our beliefs on others. If you read my orgional post I did not say anything about God said not to have an abortion. I spoke about the love I would feel for the child and the gift of life that we have been given, I didn't say I'm against abortion bc I'm a Christian and its wrong. It just amazes me how a subject as abortion can change into how many Christians are getting divorced? Give me a break, are you for real? How many prisoners are Christian, how many pick their nose? Good grief. How many people call themself Christian and aren't even followers of Christ? And for all of your information, I'm half Jewish - I have one brother who is a messianic rabbi and another who is a pastor. I come from a family who has had religious debates for decades. This isn't an issue of pushing my religious beliefs on you. This is an issue of the gift of life and who are we to decide we can 'choose' to end it? If you don't want to get pregnant do something to prevent it. Don't twist my words and say if we prevent it its the same as ending it - no - until conception its not a life.

As to choosing the life of the child over the mother, someone get some stats and tell me just how many abortion clinics are there for the "medical" aspect, or how many rape/incest abortions are performed. Again - get real! Those abortions are miniscule compared to the "birth control" abortions.

Ok - thats it, I've stayed in the rants and raves a heck of a lot longer then I ever intended.

Of course the money is a big factor for some doctors, that's obvious... I agree it may not be the ONLY factor...and that not ALL doctors are that way, but plenty of them are...frown.gif and nothing wrong with doctors or anybody for that matter making money and making a living, and if part of it for a doctor is doing abortions and he's fine with it, then go ahead, he/she is the one who has to live with him/herself....