Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

who supports right to choose

Are you Pro Life  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Are you Pro Life

• for Pro Life
    • for pro choice
    • pro choice only for extreme cases ie Mothers in danger of death

Thank you. We are staying as strong as possible. Fingers crossed is all we can do

This will be my son's 3rd surgery, 2nd on his brain. He had a VP Shunt put in when he was 6 months old. My husband is away in training so I am doing this alone right now...I am so afraid of losing my son. He is my world...I am so so scared

Sorry to hear that your husband is not there with you. If ever we need them, it's at a time like this when we need their shoulders to cry on and another person to be with who feels like we do. When is it scheduled for?

We have to go in for the consult first next week...then as soon as they can get it done...it's so rushed...I feel like I'm in a worldwind...sorry to take the debate off of the topic :blushing:

We have to go in for the consult first next week...then as soon as they can get it done...it's so rushed...I feel like I'm in a worldwind...sorry to take the debate off of the topic :blushing:

Topics start debates, they don't rule them. When someone is in need of some compassion, all else should be set aside. I hope all goes well.

Oh my, rodriguez. That's terrible news. From the tone of your posts, I believe you're telling us that this is not just a procedure that they want to use to try to improve his situation. It sounds like it might be more in the emergency category, is that true?

Does this affect your planned trip to CA to be with your folks? Can you mom and/or dad come to be with you? Is there any way your husband can get leave? I don't mean to sound nosey, but I am very concerned. You know that I am thinking of you, sending you as much strength and support as possible over the internet. If there is anything that I can do, please tell me.

I have sent a red cross message to get my husband to come home, but they have to verify what I am saying with the doctors and they wont be in until monday. As soon as we have a suregery date my mom and dad are going to fly up here. He has a lot of pressure on his brain right now and he needs this surgery soon. I am so so scared! I wish things would get better. I also got a call yesturday that my other Uncle is in the hospital, his cancer has moved into his brain. I will never get to see him again...my heart hurts so much right now

I'll bet you'd like to crawl in a hole and pull the covers over your head.

So I guess this means that the shunt isn't working properly to keep the Fluid under control? I don't know exactly what a VP shunt is, but I assume it is used to keep fluid from accumulating either on his brain or his spine.

I hope that the red tape gets worked out ASAP so your husband can be there during the surgery. And thank goodness your folks will be able to be there.

Awful news about your uncle. Green (I'm sure you've read some of her posts here) had esophogeal cancer that came back after her first treatments and got into her bones and then her brain. I just can't imagine why they can't find a cure or at least better treatments for cancer.

A guy I went to high school with has been battling brain cancer for 3 & 1/2 years. Multiple surgeries and ongoing chemo-type meds constantly. He did pretty well for quite a while. He had a stroke Thursday night and died Friday morning. Everyone is thankful that he isn't suffering anymore. Awfully young to die, but so was Green.

You get through this bad stuff one hour at a time. When things begin to get better, all the bad stuff makes the good stuff so much sweeter. Hang in. I know you are strong and you can get through these trying times. What other choice do we have?

I'll bet you'd like to crawl in a hole and pull the covers over your head.

I do...I really really do!!!

So I guess this means that the shunt isn't working properly to keep the Fluid under control? I don't know exactly what a VP shunt is, but I assume it is used to keep fluid from accumulating either on his brain or his spine.

I'm not sure yet why his Arnold Chiari has worsened. I hope to get some answers when we have the surgical consult!

I hope that the red tape gets worked out ASAP so your husband can be there during the surgery. And thank goodness your folks will be able to be there.

They have refused our request to bring my husband home at this time. They said they could let him if our son was in the hospital and/or if we had a surgery date...*sigh*

Awful news about your uncle. Green (I'm sure you've read some of her posts here) had esophogeal cancer that came back after her first treatments and got into her bones and then her brain. I just can't imagine why they can't find a cure or at least better treatments for cancer.

A guy I went to high school with has been battling brain cancer for 3 & 1/2 years. Multiple surgeries and ongoing chemo-type meds constantly. He did pretty well for quite a while. He had a stroke Thursday night and died Friday morning. Everyone is thankful that he isn't suffering anymore. Awfully young to die, but so was Green.

My uncle's cancer started as prostate cancer, but it has moved into his bones and his spinal cord and it's just spreading everywhere. Now it's in his brain and it doesn't look good!

You get through this bad stuff one hour at a time. When things begin to get better, all the bad stuff makes the good stuff so much sweeter. Hang in. I know you are strong and you can get through these trying times. What other choice do we have?

It's really hard because since we're trying to have a baby I have been off all of my meds (I'm bipolar, have anxiety issues, major depression and PTSD). It has been a very hard couple of months and I keep hoping that things will get better soon!!! Thank you for your support and prayers they are appreciated!!!

"The wisdom of man is foolishness in God's eyes." Science also tells us we were decendants of apes. There are alot of things that the so called 'experts' are wrong about. If what they say contradicts God's word, then I don't agree with them.

I feel more and more sorry for you the more you speak. You clearly haven't a clue about science (no, scientists do not claim we are descended from apes), yet you trust those who's agenda is to profit from your ignorance.

Even if all I did was sit at home and worship and read the bible, the benefits from doing that would be far greater for me than for someone who never read it and spent 25 years in school!

*headdesk* She doesn't trust people with actual knowledge unless they've read a 5,000 year old collection of contradictory, arbitraty, violent middle eastern folk tales - and interpret it in the same say she does, of course.

That is downright terrifying ignorance.

America is friggin' doomed if this is indicative of it's voting bloc.

rodriguez, I'd suggest re-starting your meds to help you get through all this, but if there's a chance your DH will get to come home soon, it might be worth it to tough it out.

Hopefully things will start getting better, as you said. I'm sure you're wondering how they could get much worse. But they always can, of course. Hang on. Time will help you get through at least some of it. And if your DS needs this, it will be a good thing to get it done and overwith, right?

Carrie, I am sad to report that Green did die Friday night in her sleep. She had been in a whole lot of pain. The cancer had spread into her bones and brain. Fortunately Canada doesn't have such an absurd view of giving narcotics to patients who need them as the U.S. does. She was being kept as comfortable as possible. I am glad that since she had to go, she is out of pain, at last.

Aww...now my heart hurts even more :grouphug:(