Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

who supports right to choose

Are you Pro Life  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Are you Pro Life

• for Pro Life
    • for pro choice
    • pro choice only for extreme cases ie Mothers in danger of death

patty, people who claim to have Jesus in their heart aren't necessarily good people. It may be good to have Jesus in one's heart, but it is no guarantee. The goodness must come from within - no matter how or by whom it is inspired.

Many thousands, in fact no doubt millions, of people do not know Jesus and yet are good people, whom you could trust with your life; whom you could trust with the lives of your children.

Jesus does not have a monopoly on goodness.

patty, people who claim to have Jesus in their heart aren't necessarily good people. It may be good to have Jesus in one's heart, but it is no guarantee. The goodness must come from within - no matter how or by whom it is inspired.

Many thousands, in fact no doubt millions, of people do not know Jesus and yet are good people, whom you could trust with your life; whom you could trust with the lives of your children.

Jesus does not have a monopoly on goodness.

You are very right. There are many good hearted people in the world that don't have a relationship with God, and there are many who also have a relationship with God who are not good all the time. But I was refering to what really counts for everything in the end. In order to have eternal salvation, one must have Jesus in their hearts. Whether we are good or bad makes no difference where that is concerned.

You are very right. There are many good hearted people in the world that don't have a relationship with God, and there are many who also have a relationship with God who are not good all the time. But I was refering to what really counts for everything in the end. In order to have eternal salvation, one must have Jesus in their hearts. Whether we are good or bad makes no difference where that is concerned.

So you're saying as long as a child mosletor, murderer, rapist has Jesus in their heart then they'll go to heaven? That seems a little silly to me! So all we have to do is put Jesus in our hearts and we can do whatever we want with the promise of eternal salvation...? That is pretty scary if you ask me!

So you're saying as long as a child mosletor, murderer, rapist has Jesus in their heart then they'll go to heaven? That seems a little silly to me! So all we have to do is put Jesus in our hearts and we can do whatever we want with the promise of eternal salvation...? That is pretty scary if you ask me!

What I'm saying is that anyone, no matter what they've done, can ask God for forgiveness, and him knowing their heart, will forgive them. He said that anyone who asks him to save them, he will save. But remember, if Jesus is really living within you after you have repented, you will no longer desire to do those wrong things you did before, and if you fail and repeat them, it says in the scripture that he will forgive you as many times as you ask him to. (Matthew 18:21,22)

God knows your mind. If you rape someone and you understand that all you need to do is ask God to forgive you and he will, yet in the back of your mind you have every intention of doing it again, you are not fooling him. He knows the truly repentant and sorrowful heart of any man.

Also, we can't put Jesus in our hearts. The Holy Spirit will come and dwell in you if you ask him to be your Savior. This is why the scripture says that our bodies are God's temple. (or dwelling place)

If that's the case I don't want to go to heaven. You can feel sorry about something and do it again...so now if they know if they confess or ask for forgiveness after each bad thing they do they will be forgiven...no questions asked as long as jesus is in their heart...that is stupid. If our bodies are God's temple then should all of us fatties go to hell for destroying/damaging your lords temple....? And smokers...? People that do drugs...?

If that's the case I don't want to go to heaven. You can feel sorry about something and do it again...so now if they know if they confess or ask for forgiveness after each bad thing they do they will be forgiven...no questions asked as long as jesus is in their heart...that is stupid. If our bodies are God's temple then should all of us fatties go to hell for destroying/damaging your lords temple....? And smokers...? People that do drugs...?

Actually, yes. All are sinners and are deserving of eternal life without God. But in his mercy, he will allow those who repent and ask his son, Jesus, to save them to enter in. It's the only way. Justice needs to be served. A man that sins will be punished. And since all man sins, all will need to be punished. Jesus was God come to earth in the flesh like a man, yet he was without sin, because he was also God. Therefore, since he was sinless, he was the only one who could take our punishment for us. Which he did when he gave his life for us on the cross. Now those who ask him to allow the punishment he went through to benefit them will also be allowed to enter into Heaven. It's that simple. It's a matter of faith.

I like to see it like this.... God is the Judge in the court room. Mankind is the wrongdoer. Jesus is the mediator between man and the Judge. The sentence was handed down. "Those who sin shall surely die and be separated from God forever" The mediator steps in and asks the Judge if he can take your punishment for you. The Judge agrees. The mediator dies in your place. Mankind is set free. Justice has been served. This is what Jesus did for me and you.

Wow...thankfully I don't share those beliefs lol.

We are all free to make our own decisions and choices. In fact, this is what God wants us to be able to do. Without freedom of choice, we would all be like robots or puppets and living in a perfect world.

EXACTLY!!! I have never agreed with you more...that is exactly why abortions should be legal. Exactly why the goverment and other people should not have the right to decide what we do with our bodys!! Thank you

EXACTLY!!! I have never agreed with you more...that is exactly why abortions should be legal. Exactly why the goverment and other people should not have the right to decide what we do with our bodys!! Thank you

I knew you would use that to further the abortion issue, but it doesn't wash. People do have to choose from right and wrong, but they shouldn't be given that choice when it comes to murder and other serious crimes. Should we give people the choice to commit robbery or not? Let's not have any laws at all, and let people choose whether they feel something is right or something is wrong. To each his own. :thumbup: Doesn't make sense, right?

Robbery is commited against someone else...this is MY body! MY fetus...MY life....none of it should be in your hands!!! Abortion is not wrong...it just isn't. It does wash, you said we should be free to make our own choices and with that comes the freedom to make our own mistakes. You should not be allowed to push your rights/beliefs on my body and my life.

Robbery is commited against someone else...this is MY body! MY fetus...MY life....none of it should be in your hands!!! Abortion is not wrong...it just isn't. It does wash, you said we should be free to make our own choices and with that comes the freedom to make our own mistakes. You should not be allowed to push your rights/beliefs on my body and my life.

We should be free to make our own choices and mistakes. And along with them should come the consequences. If you abort (kill) another persons life, the consequence should be the same as a murder charge IMO. I should be allowed to stop people from killing another person, but in this country we are not allowed to do that. This is wrong IMO. Every life should be protected. I understand that this is a debate that neither side will back down from, because it all boils down to if the baby inside the mom is actually a 'living human being' or not. If it is, then noone should be allowed to kill it no matter where it resides, if it isn't, than abort away. I believe it is a living being, and you?

IMO= in my opinion...your opinion should not be forced to be mine! I believe that the fetus is in the process of becoming a person...I believe that we should protect the human/person that has already developed and already born...the mother/woman/girl that is pregnant...Your opinion shouldn't make it a law!

IMO= in my opinion...your opinion should not be forced to be mine! I believe that the fetus is in the process of becoming a person...I believe that we should protect the human/person that has already developed and already born...the mother/woman/girl that is pregnant...Your opinion shouldn't make it a law!

I wouldn't dream of forcing my opinions to be yours. Who said I was? You can have your own opinion and so can everyone in the world. BTW, Your opinion shouldn't make it a law either. It shouldn't be a law that women can kill babies just because they grow inside them. We can't kill babies that crawl on the floor, and they are developing too.