Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

who supports right to choose

Are you Pro Life  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Are you Pro Life

• for Pro Life
    • for pro choice
    • pro choice only for extreme cases ie Mothers in danger of death

Did you see where Norma McCorvey was arrested for protesting?

Yes. I remember years ago when she first revealed her identity. The pro-abortion movement grabbed onto her, so thrilled that they had found this "hero" of their movement. The thrust her up on the stage and stuck a microphone under her nose, and she said something along the lines of, "I just want to find my baby" (she never did have an abortion, but placed the baby for adoption). You could see the pro-abortion side cringing, trying to get the microphone away from her.

She is now fully pro-life and it is her full-time ministry. She was with the 80-year-old Catholic priest who was arrested at Notre Dame, a Catholic institution, over the weekend. Here's an interesting juxtaposition of photos:

http://www.voicescarryblog.com/515/

Yes. I remember years ago when she first revealed her identity. The pro-abortion movement grabbed onto her, so thrilled that they had found this "hero" of their movement. The thrust her up on the stage and stuck a microphone under her nose, and she said something along the lines of, "I just want to find my baby" (she never did have an abortion, but placed the baby for adoption). You could see the pro-abortion side cringing, trying to get the microphone away from her.

She is now fully pro-life and it is her full-time ministry. She was with the 80-year-old Catholic priest who was arrested at Notre Dame, a Catholic institution, over the weekend. Here's an interesting juxtaposition of photos:

http://www.voicescarryblog.com/515/

I am prochoice, but I think it is an interesting story. Do you know if she ever found her baby?

If you continue to call pro choice people pro abortion or anti life then don't complain when pro choicers call you all antichoice.....

I am prochoice, but I think it is an interesting story. Do you know if she ever found her baby?

She wrote a book called "Won by Love". I haven't read it yet, and I don't know if she found the baby or not. She did also work, for a time, in an abortion clinic.

If you continue to call pro choice people pro abortion or anti life then don't complain when pro choicers call you all antichoice.....

I've never used the term anti-life.

Pro-abortion is the appropriate title because it labels the "it" that the person in favor of is in favor of. "Pro-choice" does not identify the choice that the person is in favor of. Are they in favor of the choice to own guns? The choice to do drugs? The choice to prostitute themselves? The choice to own slaves? The choice to join a union? No, they're pro-abortion-choice. So I call them what they are, pro-abortion. It's really interesting when a whole movement shies away from the very thing they're endorsing. Makes you wonder why.

As to what people call me, I've heard and continue to hear every name in the book.

would it really be fair for her child that she gave up to be hunted down...she gave the child up and if the child wants to find her than that should be the childs right...

just because someone thinks that a woman should have the right to do what she thinks is best for her...doesn't mean that they are supportive/for abortion...it should just be an option...it's not like were sitting around pregnant women and saying abort that baby! It's the only way!!!! DO IT!!!

just because someone thinks that a woman should have the right to do what she thinks is best for her...doesn't mean that they are supportive/for abortion...it should just be an option.

Take any other word besides abortion and substitute it in there and the analogy applies. Just because someone thinks that a person should have the right to join a union doesn't mean they are for unions . . . it should just be an option. Yet we call them pro-union. Just because someone thinks that a person should have the right to own a gun doesn't mean they are for guns . . . it should just be an option. Yet we call them pro-gun. And so on and so forth. When we are pro- or anti- the choice to do SOMETHING, we identify the thing that we are in favor of or opposed to. Except in the case of abortion, where the abortion movement is hiding behind the word choice.

Everything we do is a choice. We choose what to wear in the morning, we choose what to eat, who to talk to, what to drive, where to work, etc. We are not generally afraid of identifying any of these choices by name. So I am pro-choice for every single decision a person can make in their life that doesn't cause another person's life to end or otherwise impact the personal rights of another person.

Imagine if I said I was pro-choice and what I meant was I am in favor of people choosing arson? It's quite confusing. But if I said I was pro-arson, you'd know exactly what I meant.

would it really be fair for her child that she gave up to be hunted down...she gave the child up and if the child wants to find her than that should be the childs right...

I don't know the details of her adoption.

I'm pretty sure it wasn't an open adoption...otherwise she would know the location of the child she adopted out...it is no longer her child...she gave up that right when she gave up the child.

So then the prolifers should be called antiabortion and not pro life because prolife could refer to anything that is living...

So then the prolifers should be called antiabortion and not pro life because prolife could refer to anything that is living...

Sure, if it floats your boat. But since everyone seems to get to choose their own label these days, I choose pro-life :purplebananna:

As I have chosen pro choice :purplebananna:~

As I have chosen pro choice :Banane01:~

Which is fine -- but I choose to call those who are in favor of the abortion choice, pro-abortion.

I'm pro-choice too. The choice I'm in favor of at this particular time is life. And dinner :purplebananna: