Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

who supports right to choose

Are you Pro Life  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Are you Pro Life

• for Pro Life
    • for pro choice
    • pro choice only for extreme cases ie Mothers in danger of death

What is so bad about teaching both boys and girls about birth control options? or How to use condoms or dental damns...? Knowledge is power...right?

How old are we talking about here, for boys and girls? I am in college right now studying Education, and the main focus in teaching children is DAP, deveopmental appropriate practices. Studies over many years have shown that we can teach some things too early. There is nothing wrong with teaching sex education to children who are of age to understand it or who are mature enought to handle it, but teaching too soon can harm children as well. I would say it is up to the parent to decide when they think their children are ready, and even then we should use caution.

I think puberty should be taught in Elementary school (5th or 6th grade) and I think Sex ed should be taught Freshman year of high school.

The difference is clear to me. You can see that one mother clearly brought her child up and taught her right from wrong, yet because we all fail and make mistakes, when she did and admitted her mistake, she was forgiven. Unlike the other mother who you can see has no moral virtues, didn't try to raise her daughter knowing right and wrong and yet when she failed and made a mistake and had no remorse, noone had any pity for her. That's the difference. Not that her mom was running for VP.

How exactly do you know that Jamie Spears was raised not knowing right from wrong?

Yes I read your later posts about this but I am late back and would love to know your inside information, other than just enjoying that Palin kool-aid.

Hi, okay, my daughter's school sent letters out to the parents to see if it was okay for our 5th graders to watch the puberty video. I had heard from other parents last year that the video was too explicit for 5th graders. I think the school did right, because if my daughter is going to be taught about puberty, I would rather do it. I can tell her and explain it to her a little better than a video. I think it is up to the parents to decide what their children are ready for. Wanted to add that every child is an individual, and what works for one, does not always work for the other.

Edited by LLPlady3

When it came for me to learn those things in school...they sent a letter and it told parents about the video...it had to be signed and if it wasn't the child had to sit in the lunch room. I had already learned about puberty when I was 7...I started when I was 7 on mother's day lol...my mom gave me a cool book! I loved that book. I wish I could find it for a daughter I might have someday :crying:

No, not really...I lost the baby this morning...it's my first time miscarrying. I'm on bedrest for the rest of the day and night, but they made my husband go to work when I got back from the ER...It's been a rough morning.

I believe that anytime any kind of sex ed or video on menstruation or male puberty in public school has always been an optional thing that parents are able to decide whether to involve their children or not.

I think so too

I don't know what to say. I am so very, very sorry. I have been through similar things twice with my daughter and I know how awful it is. It is hard to console someone who has gone through it, the pain is so raw.

I hope that if you want to, you and your husband will be able to work on increasing the size of your family again sometime in the future. My heart goes out to you.

No, not really...I lost the baby this morning...it's my first time miscarrying. I'm on bedrest for the rest of the day and night, but they made my husband go to work when I got back from the ER...It's been a rough morning.

Oh, I am so sorry to hear that, I will be praying for you. Get plenty of rest and sunshine in the house.

Thank you so much. I really do appreciate it. I go to see the OB on Friday and will be able to discuss how long we need to wait and what we can do...I feel at fault even though I know I haven't done anything wrong...I guess it's just wanting to blame someone...something. It's hard to be so far away from my friends and family...My mom wanted to fly up here, but I told her know...I think it will be best if My husband and I deal with this together...to give us time to mourn just the two of us...and our son :crying:

Oh, I am so sorry to hear that, I will be praying for you. Get plenty of rest and sunshine in the house.

Thank you. I am trying to rest as much as possible with my son :crying:

BJean: Oh sorry, I'll explain. You consistently put your own characterization on my posts. You even go so far as to claim that I said something that in fact, I did not say.

You specifically said, "Why are people like you so opposed to kids knowing all about their anatomy and physiology, including their sexual organs? Because you think it's dirty"

So no, I didn't mischaracterize.

Another aside, just to clarify: not using a condom is not the same risk factor as not using a condom properly. And not using a condom is not figured into the stats for the percentage of condom failure. If a condom didn't enter the picture, how could it fail?

The way I understand the statistics, it failed because it was not used consistently throughout the month in which the mother became pregnant. These same statistical guidelines are used for other methods of pregnancy prevention and the guidelines are the same. If a condom was used inconsistently throughout the month, but it was used during a part of the month, the pregnancy is categorized as a failure of that method of birth control, rather than a non-use during the act in which the mother became pregnant.

BTW, this is the same as including statutory rape in rape statistics; it's not an uncommon practice. Read all statistics carefully, because often they don't say what you think they're saying.