Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

who supports right to choose

Are you Pro Life  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Are you Pro Life

• for Pro Life
    • for pro choice
    • pro choice only for extreme cases ie Mothers in danger of death

People in this world tend to have more compassion on others when they 'see' that all involved were at least taught properly with caring parents and tried to do the right thing, but just made a mistake, especially when they openly are sorrowful for making the mistake. (Like Palin's daughter) On the other hand, people in this world tend to have less compassion on someone when they 'see' that all involved were not taught properly and the parents didn't care and they weren't concerned about doing the right thing, but made a mistake and wasn't sorrowful for it. Even if they both made the same mistake, and it doesn't matter where they live or how much money they have. It has to do with their morals and their values.

Whether the fathers are in the picture or not is another topic.

To me this sounds like you are saying that Miss Spears wasn't raised right and she's not concerned about the well being of her child because of the way she was raised. You talk about her like she is some trailer trash that doesn't have a brain...isn't in her right mind...She seems like a very loving mother to her little girl...We all make mistakes, but that doesn't mean those mistakes should define who we are...

Thanks, rodriguez for the Mother's Day wishes. You deserve a huge Happy Mother's Day!! I hope you are having a beautiful day with your family - God knows they are very fortunate to have YOU!

To me this sounds like you are saying that Miss Spears wasn't raised right and she's not concerned about the well being of her child because of the way she was raised. You talk about her like she is some trailer trash that doesn't have a brain...isn't in her right mind...She seems like a very loving mother to her little girl...We all make mistakes, but that doesn't mean those mistakes should define who we are...

Not that Miss Spears doesn't care about her new baby, for I'm sure she does, but that her own mother didn't care about raising her properly. So much has been said about Brittney Spears' mom and her morals.

Yeah, but who says that all the things you hear and read in the tabloids is real? None of us have lived in their home. And Thank you BJean. I am very lucky to have the family that I have ;)

Yeah, but who says that all the things you hear and read in the tabloids is real? None of us have lived in their home. And Thank you BJean. I am very lucky to have the family that I have ;)

That's true. You're right.

Like I said, teenagers are going to be teenagers. It doesn't matter where they live or who their mothers are or if they were raised with morals. Teenage pregnancy happens in every type of family.

I agree 100%!

Carrie you're absolutely right. And teaching teenagers that their only option is abstinence when they are dealing with their sexual urges, is not the answer.

Giving our kids a very good, basic sex education that covers everything and includes but is not limited to:

* basic anatomy and physiology of the sexual organs and the sex act itself

* information about the emotional turmoil that sexual activity can cause

* information that abstinence is the only sure way to prevent sex

* information about sexually transmitted diseases

* information about birth control methods and their success rate

* the anatomy and physiology of conception, pregnancy, labor and delivery and how it changes a girl's body

* a reality class on parenting and what becoming a teenage parent really means

* an elemental bookkeeping class on what it costs to feed, clothe and raise a baby

* a class on the responsibility of parenthood and the fact that once someone becomes a parent they will be resonsible as a parent for the rest of their lives

For the life of me I cannot understand why any parent would be averse to their children having the information that I've listed above presented to them in a clinical classroom situation - with the understanding that the teacher is qualified and screened, of course.

Any of you have additional topics that would be beneficial?

Carrie you're absolutely right. And teaching teenagers that their only option is abstinence when they are dealing with their sexual urges, is not the answer.

Giving our kids a very good, basic sex education that covers everything and includes but is not limited to:

* basic anatomy and physiology of the sexual organs and the sex act itself

* information about the emotional turmoil that sexual activity can cause

* information that abstinence is the only sure way to prevent sex

* information about sexually transmitted diseases

* information about birth control methods and their success rate

* the anatomy and physiology of conception, pregnancy, labor and delivery and how it changes a girl's body

* a reality class on parenting and what becoming a teenage parent really means

* an elemental bookkeeping class on what it costs to feed, clothe and raise a baby

* a class on the responsibility of parenthood and the fact that once someone becomes a parent they will be resonsible as a parent for the rest of their lives

For the life of me I cannot understand why any parent would be averse to their children having the information that I've listed above presented to them in a clinical classroom situation - with the understanding that the teacher is qualified and screened, of course.

Any of you have additional topics that would be beneficial?

I don't believe anyone would be against any of that teaching. But, that's being done now, and how's it working? Abortion is on the rise.

How about teaching girls that if they want to be loved and to have affection from a boy. Never give in sexually. If every girl held back until marriage, these boys would know that sex wasn't an option. They would find a girl that they were fond of, fall in love and then commit. This is the way it was not less than 100 years ago. But society has moved soooo far from what's right in God's eyes that they are now reaping what they have sown. Abortions, unwanted pregnancies, STDs, and the like. If you want these things to end, then we have to turn from our ways. Starting with each person individually. Telling the kids about God and his laws that he made for our own good.

I understand patty, and how's that workin' for ya?

What we HAVEN'T done is to give all of our young people a good basic education about all things sexual. We give them a smattering of information that even now parents complain about. And it's the churches and religious people who very vocally fight it and the ability of people like Planned Parenthood to distribute condoms.

What we HAVE given them (in lots of cases because the majority of Americans are Christian, eh?) is the information that you suggest. We've taken our kids to church. We've read them the Bible. We've explained that there should never be any sex before marriage.

Just like Sarah Palin probably did with her daughter, Bristol.

I want to be a Sociology for Living Teacher someday and I think BJean is right. we need to teach those things she listed. When I was younger I was ahead of other girls (I started my period when I was 7). When I was younger my mom sat down with me and talked about sex with me. She told me that sex is a wonderful thing. That it feels good, but that it feels best with the right man. She told me that while she knows that many girls don't she would like it if I waited for the right man. That if I feel that I can't to come to her. She will be there for me to talk or to help me find protection. She always left her door open for me, she was always there for me...and I waited. I was always open with my mom. I called my mom after I had sex (by choice) for the first time. I used protection and I was almost 18 and had been with the guy for over a year. I waited a lot longer than other girls...and I am glad that I did. I was very lucky to have a mother that was so open with me and I plan to be that open with my kids. If I ever had a question about something I could always turn to my parents without the fear that I would be judged or yelled at. My parents raised me with that kind of open door policy and I have never drank, done drugs, or had sex with lots of men at a young age (I've only had 2 partners)...

Bjean, I totally agree. I think teenagers need to be taught that it is possible to wait until they get married. Everything you see now is about sex, tv, movies, music, videos, I can see why teenagers would think that it is ok to have as much sex as possible. That is what they are seeing everywhere. But I also am realistic and I know that most teenagers aren't going to wait, so they need to know how to protect themselves. How many of us can truely say we didn't have sex until we were married? Or that we didn't have sex when we were teenagers? I was outside the norm as well, I waited until I was 18 to have sex, but most of the girls I knew the same age were all having sex. And just because I wasn't having intercourse, doesn't mean that I wasn't doing everything else but that! :mad2:

I just read an article in USA Today that says that President Obama is going to cut funding for abstinence-only sex education. I had no idea that Bush had thrown money at a program for abstinence only sex ed for the past 7 or 8 years. I guess that's his idea of giving our children a good education, eh? Being the "education" president and all.

Research has shown that abstinence only sex ed does not reduce the incidence of teen pregnancies. President Obama is staying open to the discussion with some abstinence only proponents, but he wants to use the money to do something that actually works to reduce teen sex and teenage pregnancies and STDs.

It is so wonderful to have the voice reason in the White House - and someone who will pay attention to statistics and research instead of going rogue and quietly doing his own thing no matter what the country actually needs.

LOL wow no kidding! Dang!!!

rodriguez you're very lucky to have had a sensible and Enlightened mother! No wonder you are the person you are.

I am proud of you and Carrie for being smart when you were that young. My mom pretty much gave me some brochures and told me that I could ask her anything. She obviously had a few hangups of her own to overcome and I never really asked her much.

I was very involved in church activities and I waited until I was married, as they told us we should, those many years ago. To be honest, I was always sorry that I did. I got married when I had barely turned 19 and he was 20, we were in college and had no business getting married that young. I didn't really know him as well as I should have but our hormones got the better of both of us. We got married in a beautiful religious ceremony and both thought that God would take care of the rest. Turned out that we were incompatible sexually and in nearly every other way. It was a painful nightmare.

Fortunately we divorced 4 years later and I met the man of my dreams. During those 4 years I made up for the years I didn't have sex and I learned the things that no one had taught me. I'm very lucky that everything turned out so well in my life. Many less fortunate women have stayed trapped in dysfunctional marriages, wound up having affairs and have also wound up slapping their kids around in frustration.

So it isn't just teen pregnancy that the lack of sex education can cause.

Edited by BJean