Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

who supports right to choose

Are you Pro Life  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Are you Pro Life

• for Pro Life
    • for pro choice
    • pro choice only for extreme cases ie Mothers in danger of death

Hell I think we should be able to euthanize people too...if they're quality of life is really bad...like if they have a terminal illness or are severly disabled...

Are you being serious here? I'm not sure.

So them having a baby is a mistake...? Yes I am super serious.

rodriguez: Aging is a huge problem in this country. And it is only going to get worse, unless someone comes up with a sane way to take care of our aging population.

It makes sense to me that if someone is terminally ill, in pain, and there is no hope for survival, if they want to end their life they should definitely be allowed to do so legally. In fact, I believe that there should be a reasonable way for people in that condition to do it painlessly and with dignity. Again, in the most strong terms that I can muster, I believe that it should be the individual's right to make a choice like that - not the government's.

I can't believe that we treat animals better in this country than we treat human beings. And why do we? It's all in the name of God and because some people believe that any life is better than no life. I just think that is insane and I believe that it is terribly selfish of us to force people to suffer the way we make people suffer when they are terminally ill and in incredible pain.

I hope patty that you and gadget appreciate the fact that the obvious reason that Sarah and Bristol are doing what they are doing is to further the Palin's agenda - which is political promotion and economical gain. I know it is in your own interests to support them and to praise them for endorsing what you believe, but they are just people with all the shortcomings and sins that everyone else has to deal with. Is it Beth who keeps accusing people of drinking the Obama kool-aide? Well same could be said for people drinking the Palin kool-aide.

People in this world tend to have more compassion on others when they 'see' that all involved were at least taught properly with caring parents and tried to do the right thing, but just made a mistake, especially when they openly are sorrowful for making the mistake. (Like Palin's daughter) On the other hand, people in this world tend to have less compassion on someone when they 'see' that all involved were not taught properly and the parents didn't care and they weren't concerned about doing the right thing, but made a mistake and wasn't sorrowful for it. Even if they both made the same mistake, and it doesn't matter where they live or how much money they have. It has to do with their morals and their values.

Whether the fathers are in the picture or not is another topic.

How do you even know what Jamie Lynn felt about being pregnant so young? Just because Bristol comes out and says she's sorry, that makes it ok? I agree with BJean, it's all about the Palin's image. At least Jamie Lynn has kept to her self and is not all over the news trying to make herself look better by preaching the abstinence bit. I also think it was very wrong the way the Palin's handled Bristol's pregnancy. They should have came out with it from the beginning. I keep seeing that picture in my head where Bristol is holding her baby brother over her belly to hide her pregnancy. That was just so wrong!

rodriguez, I totally agree with you on the euthanasia topic...of course, I'm pro-choice under any circumstances.

Hell I think we should be able to euthanize people too...if they're quality of life is really bad...like if they have a terminal illness or are severly disabled...

The big question is who decides who to euthanize? Who decides when someone's quality of life is bad enough that they shouldn't be alive?

I seem to remember a time in history when people were killed en masse because someone else decided their life wasn't worth living . . .

Who are you to say that they shouldn't have made the decision to spare me?

Everyone in life endures pain. I guess we should kill everyone to spare them?

I am SO tired of people making it sound like Bristol did the right thing by having her baby and should be praised for it just because she is rich and her mother is the almighty Sarah Palin.

Wait, are you saying Bristol has gotten a free ride in the media, and the Palin family is more wealthy than the Spears family? :tt2:

Meanwhile other girls in the same situation are considered trash.

I don't speak for everyone, of course, but I don't consider either of them trash. I think they both made the right decision in a difficult circumstance. And I don't think either of them should be bashed.

I believe that it should be the individual's right to make a choice like that - not the government's.

And not the mother's.

In the case of Euthanasia it should be the choice of the individual or the power of attorney (mother, spouse, father, whoever)...

Beth: "Everyone in life endures pain. I guess we should kill everyone to spare them?"

Yes, everyone who has a stubbed toe should be eliminated.

And I get to decide who has a real toe stub and who is faking it just because they want to die.

rodriguez: "In the case of Euthanasia it should be the choice of the individual or the power of attorney (mother, spouse, father, whoever)... "

How dare you suggest, rodriguez, that the person in pain or the loved ones of the person in pain have the right to make a decision of this kind!

Gadget would rather that the government make that decision for all of us - and gadget and those who share her beliefs, are the ones who will tell the government exactly what the parameters will be for any decisions that the government will make for us.

I'm so relieved that they'll be looking after MY best interests, aren't you?

lol...It's people who don't know what pain some go through that think it is sad and wrong to let them have their life ended because they no longer wish to endure. Have you ever watched a loved one die of painful cancer...there was nothing to stop it and they were going to die, but because it is illegal to allow them to do so they must spend their last days...maybe even months in pain you couldn't even begin to stomach! It should be just like a DNR...what is a DNR if not a paper that says allow me to die with dignity.?