Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

who supports right to choose

Are you Pro Life  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Are you Pro Life

• for Pro Life
    • for pro choice
    • pro choice only for extreme cases ie Mothers in danger of death

Ok...I know it's been a while since I've stopped by...for some reason I wasn't getting my update emails...personally I suspect Gadget :thumbsup: lol. Anyways, I have some news....I'M PREGNANT!!! lol Exciting I know :thumbup: Yes, this was a planned pregnancy. My husband and I were finally ready to try for baby #2 lol. Anyways...I'm still pro choice :grouphug:

Ok...I know it's been a while since I've stopped by...for some reason I wasn't getting my update emails...personally I suspect Gadget :) lol. Anyways, I have some news....I'M PREGNANT!!! lol Exciting I know :thumbup: Yes, this was a planned pregnancy. My husband and I were finally ready to try for baby #2 lol. Anyways...I'm still pro choice :unsure:

Congratulations! I'm very happy for your family.

Thank you very much Patty :)

rodriguezequal, that's fantastic news!!!! I am thrilled for you. I know you and your husband must be very happy. How far long are you, if you don't mind me asking? Wow. That is such a bright spot to bring to this thread. Yay you!!!

For me the truth is not such a gray area, you either did or did not. If someone asked me if I had ever considered suicide my answer would be yes in the above senario. I might follow it up with it was a fleeting thought and I would never do it but yeah it has flashed in my mind.

I don't really consider this to be a gray area. If someone asked if I had ever considered suicide, I would say no. A thought entering my head and then being dismissed isn't "consideration" in my view. I don't think this is a distortion of the truth, and I'm pretty much a brutally honest person.

For some though the truth can be moved to any direction that suits them at the time. I do see your point and have respect for you (really I do)

I see your point as well -- I just disagree on the definition of the word and how it applies / how people perceive it.

Ok...I know it's been a while since I've stopped by...for some reason I wasn't getting my update emails...personally I suspect Gadget ;) lol. Anyways, I have some news....I'M PREGNANT!!! lol Exciting I know :D Yes, this was a planned pregnancy. My husband and I were finally ready to try for baby #2 lol. Anyways...I'm still pro choice ;)

That is awesome news. Take care of your precious cargo.

I don't have time right now to go back through the thread and, as I'm sure I've said before, my memory SUCKS (especially with people I've never met IRL), but don't you have some physical concerns about carrying a baby again? Are you getting good medical care? I'll be praying for you and your family.

So far I am only 4 weeks...lol. I haven't told any of my friends or family...well my husband. We are very worried that something is going to go wrong. I do have a lot of medical concerns. I go for my first appointment on the 15th and I will be discussing them there. Hopefully this bun will bake the whole 9 months lol. My husband and I had gotten the go ahead the beginning of April to start trying again and off the BC and here we are...it happened a lot fast than we expected especially since a lot of the doctors said I wouldn't be able to get pregnant again...well....6 home tests later :D lmao...I am so excited, but also so so scared ;) Thank you for the good wishes ;)

DownIn: "I do see your point and have respect for you (really I do)"

gadget: "I see your point as well -- I just disagree on the definition of the word and how it applies / how people perceive it."

Aw this is really a sweet love fest. But I'm gonna call a bull$$it here. Cm'on. It's all about what Palin said. Did she or didn't she say she thought about (considered) not having her Down's Syndrome baby?

Why is that such a bad thing anyway? Isn't that a normal reaction to such devastating news? Who wants to bring a handicapped child into the world knowing how difficult that child's life is going to be? What loving, responsible parent wouldn't think of all of the alternatives and do some serious soul searching (and considering) before they made a decision?

It's similar in a way to her daughter's going out and stumping for unmarried kids to abstain from having sex. She's speaking from her own experience and that gives her a lot of credibility. But those kids are probably also listening to the father of her baby when he says that preaching abstinence to teenagers doesn't work. He also has a whole lot of credibility.

In the first statement she made, I think Sarah Palin was being honest. She did some serious soul searching and considered the alternatives. In her conflicting second statement I think she simply wanted to have all the credit for not choosing abortion. She wasn't completely truthful, but she does get a lot of credit from me for walking the walk. Meaning she campaigned vigorously against women's right to choose and she didn't make a choice that would have been contrary to her political position.

Interestingly, I wonder if she still would have "considered" it, even if for only a moment, if abortion were still illegal.

In the first statement she made, I think Sarah Palin was being honest. She did some serious soul searching and considered the alternatives. In her conflicting second statement I think she simply wanted to have all the credit for not choosing abortion. She wasn't completely truthful, but she does get a lot of credit from me for walking the walk. Meaning she campaigned vigorously against women's right to choose and she didn't make a choice that would have been contrary to her political position.

I think you have it correct however as a point of fact: Palin stated she "never" considered abortion in an interview during the campaign (making sure she took a stand against women's rights).

She stated she "considered" it while speaking at some anti-choice dinner in April I think. It was this year she said she "considered". What a difference a few months makes on if you considered aborting your child!

Edited by DownInSocal

It isn't the first time she's been caught talking out of both sides of her mouth (so to speak) and it won't be the last, I'm quite sure.

It isn't the first time she's been caught talking out of both sides of her mouth (so to speak) and it won't be the last, I'm quite sure.

At least her family makes things interesting in the tabloids. The people she palls around with are interesting. I was getting tired of Brittney and Lohan anyway.

Did she or didn't she say she thought about (considered) not having her Down's Syndrome baby?

Why is that such a bad thing anyway? Isn't that a normal reaction to such devastating news?

Ahhh, but our first impulse in any trying situation may not be the right one. The impulse to drive away when you hit someone with your car. The impulse to freeze when you're in a panic situation. The impulse to blurt out your knee-jerk reaction to something you don't agree with. The impulse to hit someone who makes you angry. The impulse to take something from someone else because you need it.

Who wants to bring a handicapped child into the world knowing how difficult that child's life is going to be? What loving, responsible parent wouldn't think of all of the alternatives and do some serious soul searching (and considering) before they made a decision?

We shouldn't kill people because they may (or even will) have a difficult life. I go back to that UCLA study years ago where the majority of people said they'd abort if their unborn baby was found to have the "fat gene". Where would all of us be right now if our parents had aborted because they found out we might be fat later in life?

Yeah, our first impulse MAY not be the right one, but on the other hand it may be the right one...whether it is the right one according to someone else...it my be the right one for the individual...If a woman wants to abort her fetus because she finds out it will be born with Downs or Spina Bifida...then that should be her choice and her choice alone

Yeah, our first impulse MAY not be the right one, but on the other hand it may be the right one...whether it is the right one according to someone else...it my be the right one for the individual...If a woman wants to abort her fetus because she finds out it will be born with Downs or Spina Bifida...then that should be her choice and her choice alone

It's never right for the baby. The baby has no choice in the matter. All I was saying is that just because she had an impulse doesn't grant validity to the impulse.

That's right the fetus has NO choice in the matter. I think she needs to be a woman and admit that she thought about abortion...that it crossed her mind. You cannot say never in that situation, especially when it crossed her mind at least once!!