Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

who supports right to choose

Are you Pro Life  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Are you Pro Life

• for Pro Life
    • for pro choice
    • pro choice only for extreme cases ie Mothers in danger of death

I do not believe in "God"...I should not be forced to follow the practices of someone elses religion.

Even if you don't believe in God, you are still going to be held accountable. Just because you don't believe he exists, doesn't mean he doesn't. Even so, it's still not right.

let me just say i sympathize with rodriguezequals. i checked out your myspace and your son is obviously a beautiful boy who is well loved.happy and cared for. but let me also sat that i've been a pediatric home care nurse for 12 yrs. and let me just say that all children are not as well loved and cared for. i've cared for multiple children with shaken baby syndrome. these are children who live with constant seizures and pain. as well as children countless other profound medical problems. that little to no quality of life. i understand that some believe that all life is sacred. but what about a life spent in constant suffering?

let me just say i sympathize with rodriguezequals. i checked out your myspace and your son is obviously a beautiful boy who is well loved.happy and cared for. but let me also sat that i've been a pediatric home care nurse for 12 yrs. and let me just say that all children are not as well loved and cared for. i've cared for multiple children with shaken baby syndrome. these are children who live with constant seizures and pain. as well as children countless other profound medical problems. that little to no quality of life. i understand that some believe that all life is sacred. but what about a life spent in constant suffering?

All life is eternal. One who suffers here on earth, will live forever in heaven and will be grateful at that time for his experience on earth. For all suffering of any kind will end when they are there.

Let me just say that the life of anyone spent without love and in constant pain and suffering is not to be rejoiced in. No one can convince me that a loving god meant for any of his children to suffer in such away.

I'm pretty sure I referred to a fertilized egg as a blob of tissue and I stand by that. Just because there are cells that can grow and develop into a person, does not mean that they are any more than a blob of tissue at the point of conception.

You see, I do not believe that a fertilized egg has all the rights and privileges of and in fact, IS, a human being. It merely has the potential to be a human being. It is composed of human tissue but that does not mean that it is an actual person. Lots of things must happen correctly and in a timely fashion for a fertilized egg for it to develop into a person.

An egg still in a woman's reproductive organs also has the potential to be a person, but it isn't a person, not yet. Neither are all those millions of sperm that are sometimes deposited where they don't belong. Sure, they too are human tissue, but they aren't a person. So to give all the protection that one gives an actual person to a blob of human tissue or a fertilized egg or a single egg or a single sperm, is wrong.

God didn't say anywhere, anytime, anything that would lead us to believe what pattygreen said: "Just remember that we will all be held accountable for the lives we have destroyed that weren't ours to destroy." Because I do not believe that God has given us free reign to decide which people ARE ours to destroy. Bible thumpers believe that God has given them the right to pluck out an eye if someone puts their eye out. They justify war and other atrocities like America's attack on Iraq because they've decided that God has told them it is their right to make that decision - who to kill? - call a fundamentalist Christian - they'll tell you. They'll decide if a murderer should be put to death. They'll decide which country's people we should go kill. They'll tell us that every woman in the world who has been impregnated must go through the development of a baby. They'll decide for all of us exactly what the Bible says and who said it.

That is one reason why they have jumped on a bandwagon together and have decided that this debate about women's choice is THEIRS to make.

Frankly, this is why so many people voted against the Republicans. The fundamentalist Christian right wing has taken over the Republican party. They are hell bent on taking away women's rights to choose. It is the number one item on their agenda. They've set themselves up as judge and jury and the purveyors of all things right and good, while most of us know (if we're brave enough to say it) what they preach is single-minded poppycock.

If they don't see the light and temper their insistence on making these kinds of choices for everyone else, they will get fewer and fewer votes. I predict that the right wing faction will spin off and try to create a 3rd party - and that is what I think they should do. Because many of the Republican values are far more moderate and in sync with mainstream Americans.

Most people want to live and let live. Most people want the freedom to choose personal issues and their own religious or spiritual beliefs. And isn't THAT what America is all about?

Sorry folks, it's Monday and I'm baaack.

Jennifer and rodgriguez, the main focus of the anti-choice movement is not about the quality of life for anyone, either the baby or the mother.

Even if you don't believe in God, you are still going to be held accountable. Just because you don't believe he exists, doesn't mean he doesn't. Even so, it's still not right.

Just because you believe he exists doesn't mean he does!

Thank you so much. Yeah I don't work anymore because I am too scared to leave him with anyone. I have brought him too far to make the mistake of allowing someone else to care for him and giving that little chance for something to go wrong.

Jennifer and rodgriguez, the main focus of the anti-choice movement is not about the quality of life for anyone, either the baby or the mother.

and that's the problem with the pro-life movement they're more concerned with proving that they are right concerning the right to live than they're concern for the actual life .

Sorry folks, it's Monday and I'm baaack.

Glad you're back, BJean.

and that's the problem with the pro-life movement they're more concerned with proving that they are right concerning the right to live than they're concern for the actual life .

You are so wrong. Our concern is dramatically more than philosophical. Our concern is for both mother and baby.

I'm pretty sure I referred to a fertilized egg as a blob of tissue and I stand by that. Just because there are cells that can grow and develop into a person, does not mean that they are any more than a blob of tissue at the point of conception.

Babies aren't aborted at the point of conception. They're typically aborted at about 8 weeks. The mother finds out she's pregnant right around the time the baby's heart starts beating. I don't know of any blobs of tissue with an independently beating heart.

Technically it's not beating independently, but with the help of the mother/host's body...

if your "God" has no business affecting free will than what makes you think the government should?

The government interferes with free will all the time: whenever the expression of one person's free will infringes on the rights of another. That's why things like spousal abuse and assault and rape and murder and theft are illegal. Again, it comes back to the question of whether the baby is owned by the mother or not, and whether she has the right to do whatever she wants to this other person. It has nothing to do with religion.