Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

who supports right to choose

Are you Pro Life  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Are you Pro Life

• for Pro Life
    • for pro choice
    • pro choice only for extreme cases ie Mothers in danger of death

Yes some choices have victims...in the case of abortion being legal, that victim is the fetus. In the case of it being illegal the victim is the mother...so what's your point in that statement? I'm not trying to be rude, I just honestly don't understand. :wink:

Yes some choices have victims...in the case of abortion being legal, that victim is the fetus. In the case of it being illegal the victim is the mother...so what's your point in that statement? I'm not trying to be rude, I just honestly don't understand. :confused:

The unborn baby is a victim without a choice; someone else is making the decision to kill him or her without his or her consent. If the mother chooses an illegal abortion, she is making a choice of her own free will that might cause her to be a victim.

Look, I know it can be absolutely dreadful to have an unplanned pregnancy. Unfortunately, in this lifetime we have to play the hand we're dealt. To brutally kill an unborn baby because you don't like the situation is as unacceptable a solution as it would be to kill a toddler because he or she had ADHD and was frustrating you. The only difference in the two children is age and development.

BTW, I am sorry to hear that you won't be able to have as many children (biologically) as you would have liked to. :wink:

Yeah but if abortion was illegal the mother would be unable to have an abortion because someone else would be making that decision for her. My husband and I are thinking about trying again...maybe. It's very scary to think I could be in the same situation again. I don't know if I could do that to myself or my husband...or my son. I almost died the night/morning he was born and my husband almost lost his whole family (me and our son)...I don't want that to happen again. They told me that because of my clotting disorder I will most likely miscarry. They said that they were surprised I carried my first as long as I did.I would also have to have/give myself daily shots to carry without as many complications...it's a big decision that I am not sure I am ready to make :wink:. Thank you for your compassion :confused:.

Yeah but if abortion was illegal the mother would be unable to have an abortion because someone else would be making that decision for her.

The mother always has choices. Unfortunately for the unborn baby, someone else chooses for him/her. The point is that abortion should be illegal because it puts the life of one person at the whim of another. Someone choosing an illegal action when they had the option to not choose that illegal action is very different from imposing one's choice, to deadly effect, on another.

No one is forcing a mother to have a legal or illegal abortion (generally -- although some mothers are forced into such things). But the unborn baby is being forced to die.

My husband and I are thinking about trying again...maybe. It's very scary to think I could be in the same situation again. I don't know if I could do that to myself or my husband...or my son. I almost died the night/morning he was born and my husband almost lost his whole family (me and our son)...I don't want that to happen again. They told me that because of my clotting disorder I will most likely miscarry. They said that they were surprised I carried my first as long as I did.I would also have to have/give myself daily shots to carry without as many complications...it's a big decision that I am not sure I am ready to make :wink:. Thank you for your compassion :confused:.

Have you thought about adoption?

Were you aware of your disorder prior to your son's birth? Or was it the complications from labor and delivery that brought it to their attentiion?

As of now...adoption would be way out of our price range. We are young...We knew nothing of any of my son's problems. I had horrible prenatal care at the militrary hospital here. We thought he was growing fine. March 12th. at around 1130 am I went to the Labor and Delivery complaining that I was having contractions. They checked my blood pressure which was high, but it had been that way most of my pregnancy so they dimissed it. They couldn't find my baby's heart beat because they said that at 32 weeks the baby "swims" around a lot and is hard to get on the moniter. Then they kept an eye on me for another 15 minutes and sent me home. 10 that evening I started feeling sick...like I had to push...and I was hurting. I started bleeding. I called 911 they had me walk down the stairs from our apartment by myself. The didn't use the sirens. They got me to l and d and they started to examine me. I was 10 cm dilated by the time I got there. They moved me to a delivery room. My Water broke and was nothing but blood. My son had no heartbeat and was not moving. They rushed me for a c-section. When I woke up, they took me to see my son's body as the worked on him. They took me back to my room and I feel asleep. I took 4 units of blood and my son took 7. He was 2 pounds 4 ounces and 15 inches long. He was purple and blue. He had a black eye and they though he had had a stroke because or the way his face looked...they started finding more and more things wrong with him...hydrocephalus, muscles missing, paralysis...I was horrified...but I loved my son. They gave him an hour...then they said if he can make it 24 hours he may be okay...he just turned 2 on the 13th. He is 27 pounds and almost 3 feet tall. 2 surgeries later...here we are :wink:

As of now...adoption would be way out of our price range. We are young...We knew nothing of any of my son's problems. I had horrible prenatal care at the militrary hospital here. We thought he was growing fine. March 12th. at around 1130 am I went to the Labor and Delivery complaining that I was having contractions. They checked my blood pressure which was high, but it had been that way most of my pregnancy so they dimissed it. They couldn't find my baby's heart beat because they said that at 32 weeks the baby "swims" around a lot and is hard to get on the moniter. Then they kept an eye on me for another 15 minutes and sent me home. 10 that evening I started feeling sick...like I had to push...and I was hurting. I started bleeding. I called 911 they had me walk down the stairs from our apartment by myself. The didn't use the sirens. They got me to l and d and they started to examine me. I was 10 cm dilated by the time I got there. They moved me to a delivery room. My Water broke and was nothing but blood. My son had no heartbeat and was not moving. They rushed me for a c-section. When I woke up, they took me to see my son's body as the worked on him. They took me back to my room and I feel asleep. I took 4 units of blood and my son took 7. He was 2 pounds 4 ounces and 15 inches long. He was purple and blue. He had a black eye and they though he had had a stroke because or the way his face looked...they started finding more and more things wrong with him...hydrocephalus, muscles missing, paralysis...I was horrified...but I loved my son. They gave him an hour...then they said if he can make it 24 hours he may be okay...he just turned 2 on the 13th. He is 27 pounds and almost 3 feet tall. 2 surgeries later...here we are :confused:

I'm so sorry for what happened. And it makes me soooo mad. :wink: Poor medical care infuriates me.

I can't tell you the number of stories I've heard of babies who weren't supposed to survive long after birth and actually thrived. And the number of mothers who were told to abort because their babies would be in horrible condition and they weren't. I grieve for those who suffer in every circumstance, but I believe God has a plan for everyone. It is never easy being a parent, regardless of the situation your child is in. One thing parenthood teaches you, sometimes kicking and screaming, is selflessness. Grace, mercy, and personal growth abound when we care for others.

We tried to sue for medical malpractice, but no lawyers wanted to take our case because it is a government hospital...it sucks, but what can ya do :wink:

It surprises me that you would have the nerve to criticize me for posting analogies or scenarios when most of your posts are full of things that lead people to believe that you always have statistics for what you claim. Fact is that you don't. And your analogies are outrageous.

If you're going to do it, please respectfully allow others to make similar posts.

It surprises me that you would have the nerve to criticize me for posting analogies or scenarios when most of your posts are full of things that lead people to believe that you always have statistics for what you claim. Fact is that you don't. And your analogies are outrageous.
It could get so bad that the government might decide to pass a law that bans children from having children and forces 12 or 13 year old girls to undergo abortions rather than giving birth to babies.

That isn't an analogy. It's a scare tactic. I clearly label my analogies as analogies, and my scenarios as hypotheticals.

We tried to sue for medical malpractice, but no lawyers wanted to take our case because it is a government hospital...it sucks, but what can ya do :smile2:

Again, criminal. And scary. If all we have in the future is government hospitals, we're all in for it.

gadgetlady,

obviously u r one of those crazies who stand on the sidewalk with pics of abourted babies without having any humanity at all. no humanity for those women who had abortions out of necessity for some cruelty having played out in their lives... whether it be a brutal rape, or incest or who knows what. You sit there and condem women for a choice, the whether u like it or not is legal. You have more compassion for cells of an unborn "being" more than u have for the living. you are NOT judge any jury, u are NOT G*D. U don't have any right to treat people the way u do because of an opionion u have. why don't u find something else to preach about that isn't so hateful and ignorant. Yes u are ignorant if u think you have the right to make woman feel like shit because you are on some high horse trying to play G*D. I really hope that none of the women close to u ever get raped and pregnant... you are a woman of no compassion for the living... just for something that doesn't exsist.

gadgetlady,

obviously u r one of those crazies who stand on the sidewalk with pics of abourted babies without having any humanity at all. no humanity for those women who had abortions out of necessity for some cruelty having played out in their lives... whether it be a brutal rape, or incest or who knows what. You sit there and condem women for a choice, the whether u like it or not is legal. You have more compassion for cells of an unborn "being" more than u have for the living. you are NOT judge any jury, u are NOT G*D. U don't have any right to treat people the way u do because of an opionion u have. why don't u find something else to preach about that isn't so hateful and ignorant. Yes u are ignorant if u think you have the right to make woman feel like shit because you are on some high horse trying to play G*D. I really hope that none of the women close to u ever get raped and pregnant... you are a woman of no compassion for the living... just for something that doesn't exsist.

Judgmental much?

You don't know me and you're assuming an awful lot. I have a tremeendous amount of compasssion for mothers who are caught in an unplanned pregnancy. I just don't think the best answer for them is to kill their children. I'd wager a bet that there are some people on this board who disagree with me philosophically but would vouch for my compassion for both mother and child.

As to only having compassion for "something that doesn't exist", if there's no baby there's nothing to abort.

I'd wager a bet that there are some people on this board who disagree with me philosophically but would vouch for my compassion for both mother and child..

i don't agree w/gadget's view on politics/abortion/gum chewing you name it - but she's compassionate for her cause. it's those who feel differently who should be just as diligent.....which i am.

I was just going to say that. While she may not think abortion should be legal she has reached out and helped ones that had abortions to find counseling if they need it. She is very compasionate...just very passionate about her beliefs :smile2:

I agree. Gadgetlady seems to me to be a very caring, loving, compassionate and giving person. Maybe the one who wrote needs some of that compassion. Was she talking about herself or other women when she said gadget was making women feel like sh*t with her opinion?