Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

who supports right to choose

Are you Pro Life  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Are you Pro Life

• for Pro Life
    • for pro choice
    • pro choice only for extreme cases ie Mothers in danger of death

Don't believe all the how many Americans are for and how many Americans are against abortion stats posted above. Read it thoroughly and you will see how it is another case of playing with the numbers to further the anti-choice agenda.

I know that Roe v Wade made abortion legal through all 9 months of pregnancy, but realistically, how many clinincs are there where a woman who is 9 months pregnant can just walk in and say she wants an abortion and get one? I don't think there are many places that can do that.

[quote name=BJean;1160416}

Their propaganda are so shocking that people decide that they must be real and so they are scared into joining the anti-choice movement. That is' date=' until they or someone they know finds themselves at a point where they need to be able to make a choice for themselves. Then they understand the truth and they understand the reason why they need to be pro-choice and proud to say it.

influenceOne of the most important issues is that Planned Parenthood is portrayed as being pro-abortion, which is absolutely not true. The anti-choice people have said that Planned Parenthood is pro-abortion for so long in so many ways that people now are buying it. They even picket outside Planned Parenthood offices to further negatively the public. These demonstrations make it so difficult for women who actually need contraceptives and education that they are often prevented from getting any help at all. Which only goes to encourage unwanted, unplanned pregnancy.

Planned Parenthood works very hard to educated people about birth control and they not only offer counseling about abortion and adoption, they do everything they can to help women who become pregnant without their intent to do so.

Bjean,

When I was 19, and before I became a christian, I found myself pregnant within days after my boyfriend of 3 years broke up with me. I was devestated, young and afraid of being alone and not wanting a baby. I was living on my own at the time and didn't have even enough money to support myself at the time, never mind a baby. I went to planned parenthood on the advice of a friend of mine. They never gave me any option EXCEPT abortion for an unwanted pregnancy. They did however tell me that after the abortion, they would help me to get on birthcontrol. I went home scared and confused and undecided on what to do. In my heart, I knew I could never abort a baby. My baby. All my friends and even the Father when I told him said to get an abortion. Even my dad said,"Your mom had an abortion once, and don't worry, you can have one, too." I decided to tell my boyfriends mom, cause we were close. She was the only one who said to me..."So, I'm going to be a grandmother." When I told her how others had counseled me, she said "Nonsense, abortion is wrong. Think this through." So I did. Today my son is 27. I'm sooooo glad I didn't let all my fears (money, being young, no father,etc.) talk me into ending a life I had no business to end. So is his father. We'll be married 25 years this May.[/b]

Edited by pattygreen

That's a very heartwarming story. You made the right choice! I am very, very happy that things worked out perfectly for you. I'm also glad that you were able to make your own choice and that no one made you do anything against your wishes.

I am also very sorry that whatever Planned Parenthood person that you spoke with made the mistake of not advising you of all the alternatives that are possible in a case like yours. I can't help but wonder though if you went to them to ask specifically about abortion. I wonder if you knew that you could keep the baby OR get an abortion and so when you went there, the thing you were trying to find out about was abortion and so that is why the person at Planned Parenthood gave you that counsel. Planned Parenthood is not in the adoption business but I am surprised that they didn't tell you that keeping your baby was an alternative. But in any case, thank goodness they offered to help you get on birth control.

Times have changed and beliefs are different...so yeah maybe back then they acted as if it is your only option, but that is not how it is now...I've been to PPH...So what you are saying is you went against what you preach....you had sex before marraige *gasp*. I guess we all do things that we weren't/aren't proud of...

When I was 19, and before I became a christian, I found myself pregnant within days after my boyfriend of 3 years broke up with me. I was devestated, young and afraid of being alone and not wanting a baby. I was living on my own at the time and didn't have even enough money to support myself at the time, never mind a baby. I went to planned parenthood on the advice of a friend of mine. They never gave me any option EXCEPT abortion for an unwanted pregnancy. They did however tell me that after the abortion, they would help me to get on birthcontrol. I went home scared and confused and undecided on what to do. In my heart, I knew I could never abort a baby. My baby. All my friends and even the Father when I told him said to get an abortion. Even my dad said,"Your mom had an abortion once, and don't worry, you can have one, too." I decided to tell my boyfriends mom, cause we were close. She was the only one who said to me..."So, I'm going to be a grandmother." When I told her how others had counseled me, she said "Nonsense, abortion is wrong. Think this through." So I did. Today my son is 27. I'm sooooo glad I didn't let all my fears (money, being young, no father,etc.) talk me into ending a life I had no business to end. So is his father. We'll be married 25 years this May.

pattygreen, your story is not unusual at all.

Consider the facts. In the 2005 fiscal year, Planned Parenthood, the largest "non-profit" provider of abortion cleared a profit of $55,000,000. In their annual report, they revealed that they performed 264,943 abortions and did not report sending any mothers for outside adoption referrals (contrasted to the prior year when they referred 1,414 mothers for adoptions, a ratio of 1 for every 180 abortions). It is in their fiscal interest to not even mention adoption.

I have a friend (actually also a member of this board who hasn't been active lately) who told me about when she and her husband were first trying to get pregnant. She went into PP for a pregnancy test and they so scared her about how much it would cost to raise a baby that she left considering abortion! Here is someone who is married and trying to get pregnant and they had her doubting herself so much that she left thinking she might want to abort (turns out she wasn't pregnant so it didn't become an issue that time around).

So what you are saying is you went against what you preach....you had sex before marraige *gasp*. I guess we all do things that we weren't/aren't proud of...

I've never heard pattygreen claim to be sinless.

Maybe the reason she doesn't believe in sexual activity outside of marriage now is because she's seen (and felt) the problems it can cause.

I certainly hope and pray my children can learn from my mistakes rather than having to repeat them.

Costs of raising a baby are a big deal and they should make women aware of it! Maybe no women were asking to go else where...maybe those women went in searching for an abortion and not searching for their "options"...just because you have numbers and statistics doesn't mean you have all the facts!

I never said she claimed to be sinless, but then she shouldn't bash people's beliefs, mistakes or choices, when low and behod she has made a good number of them herself!

Don't believe all the how many Americans are for and how many Americans are against abortion stats posted above. Read it thoroughly and you will see how it is another case of playing with the numbers to further the anti-choice agenda.

Please do read through it thoroughly. It's pretty clear and concise. And it is equally reflected on this board. Off the top of my head, I can only think of two people here who have argued for abortion's being legal through all 9 months of pregnancy. Pretty much everyone else believes on putting limitations on it in one way or another. That's what the statistics say, and they're borne out in other studies as well. Furthermore, it wasn't a group of pro-lifers undertaking the surveying. The organizations are mainstream and there's no reason to doubt them -- unless you don't like the results.

Costs of raising a baby are a big deal and they should make women aware of it! Maybe no women were asking to go else where...maybe those women went in searching for an abortion and not searching for their "options"

If you truly believe in "choice", you don't offer only one option to your clients.

Let me tell you about "choice". I've been participating in a local clinic vigil for the past week. It's a quiet presence of people outside the clinic for up to 24 hours a day (depending on the clinic; sometimes it's only 12 hours). There's no yelling or screaming and no one is calling anyone a murderer; it's just a vigil and the offer to help. No mothers are approached at all unless they initiate the discussion.

On the very first day (last Wednesday), two mothers who had abortions scheduled saw the people there and came out and talked to the participants. Both mothers canceled their appointments and are keeping their babies. There was no coercion and no condemnation and the mothers left, clearly and obviously joyful and relieved at their decision. It was just the presence and concern from a group of people they didn't know that motivated these mothers to change their minds. That alone tells me that inside the clinic there was no offer of "choice" at all.

Edited by gadgetlady

I never said she claimed to be sinless, but then she shouldn't bash people's beliefs, mistakes or choices, when low and behod she has made a good number of them herself!

Again, if she believes she's found a better way, some of which is a learned experience through bad choices of her own, it makes sense for her to warn others so they can avoid the same bad choices. You may not agree with her presentation of that warning, but I think her not wanting to see others fall into the same holes she's fallen into is quite legitimate and not hypocritical at all. Now, if she were running around doing the same things now that she's warning others against, then we'd be warranted in calling her a hypocrite. But if those things are in her past and she's repented of them, sought forgiveness, and moved on to a different way of thinking? That's a different story.

A smart man learns from his mistakes. A truly wise man learns from the mistakes of others.

It may be bad to say, but I think most women would rather have an abortion than give up the baby for adoption. I know when I was pregnant, I thought about adoption, but there was no way I was going to go through 9 months of pregnancy and then give it to someone else. Not to mention, I didn't even want anyone to know I was pregnant. I think that is the case with a lot of women who have abortions. They don't want anyone to know.

It may be bad to say, but I think most women would rather have an abortion than give up the baby for adoption.

Why would you think that's a bad thing to say?

If you truly believe in "choice", you don't offer only one option to your clients.

Let me tell you about "choice". I've been participating in a local clinic vigil for the past week. It's a quiet presence of people outside the clinic for up to 24 hours a day (depending on the clinic; sometimes it's only 12 hours). There's no yelling or screaming and no one is calling anyone a murderer; it's just a vigil and the offer to help. No mothers are approached at all unless they initiate the discussion.

On the very first day (last Wednesday), two mothers who had abortions scheduled saw the people there and came out and talked to the participants. Both mothers canceled their appointments and are keeping their babies. There was no coercion and no condemnation and the mothers left, clearly and obviously joyful and relieved at their decision. It was just the presence and concern from a group of people they didn't know that motivated these mothers to change their minds. That alone tells me that inside the clinic there was no offer of "choice" at all.

I think that's the wrong assumption to make . Maybe THAT clinic. But the one i went to , we had to go through counseling and go over all our options . Then come back another day to schedule our procedure after we had time to think about it and they had counselors there to talk about the options if we needed it . They had pamphlets, numbers ect of adoptions agencies , ect . So , I do not think that its fair to say they were not offered choices. You do not know that .

Mindy