Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

who supports right to choose

Are you Pro Life  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Are you Pro Life

• for Pro Life
    • for pro choice
    • pro choice only for extreme cases ie Mothers in danger of death

I couldn't agree with you more. (on the education thing) I feel that every teen should be taught God's plan for them. (Sex should be abstained from until marriage.) If you feel you can't abstain, and you want to disobey God, then at least protect yourself from getting pregnant. Sorry, but I don't agree with you on not making it a crime. ALL murder should not go unpunished.

Your approach to this issue is rooted in a rigid religious dogma that is not shared by the majority of Americans who support a woman's right to choose to have an abortion or give birth and keep the baby or put it up for adoption. That is why so called prolifers like you will never win this battle and make abortion criminal. Instead, if you are really interested in making a difference and reducing the number of abortions and not just throwing everyone in jail in a fire and brimstone retribution way, then you need to use your energy to promote sensible sex education and birth control because not everyone believes in God. Or that they should abstain from sex outside of marriage. That is a religious belief not one that is held by government of the people....If people have jobs, health insurance, access to birth control and good health care - abortions go down. When they don't - abortions go up. Right now this country has the biggest gap between the rich and everyone else since 1928. Real wages have dropped. All these trying and hard economic times create desperate women. Helping to solve these problems reduces abortion. And teenage girls who think they will just have sex and if they get pregnant will get an abortion won't think any differently if it is illegal. There will always be someone who knows someone who knows this lady....and the result of that will be a dead teenager and her fetus. I don't want that. Do you? Do you think the teen who takes or sells drugs thinks about jail because it is a crime? If that were the case, our drug problem would be solved. Same with criminalizing abortion. You just want punishment instead of solutions which is why your extreme and radical religious approach will never work to change any laws.

THIS is how teens end up pregnant !! You tell a teen " DO NOT Have sex if you do your DISOBEYING GOD " you want to have a teen get pregnant and have an abortion TELL them that shit !

My parents told me DONT HAVE SEX DONT HAVE SEX its WRONG WRONG WRONG your wrong if you do it.

THEN turned aroun dand asked me " do you need to be on the pill" NOW hummm why the hell would i tell you to put me on the pill when you have told me from day 1 how wrong it is to have sex? does not take a genious to figure that out !!

As parents, we tell our kids what is right and wrong, but we understand what is reality. We understand that teens sometims give in to sex before they are married, and this is why we also teach them that if they are going to choose to be sexually active before marriage, use protection. I never said "don't speak to them about birth control." I said teach them that God does not approve of sex outside of marriage. (I also want to add that if you are going to teach your children the things that God does and doesn't approve of, you must also teach them of God's mercy, grace and forgiveness when we fail because we all will fail)

So you drill into a kid how wrong sex is and how your disobeying disappointing god by having it . then tell them " BUT you can come to me if you need protection I can all but gurantee you it wont happen ! I have a 16 yr old son .

I have told him from day one , " I would rather you wait to have sex until your married, however if you do not wait I will not be dissapointed in you and I will love you no matter what " HERE are your condems , this is how you use them ect. "

He walks out of this house on dates and my questions to him are " got money , got enough gas, got condoms" If he has questions about sex he comes to me . Guess what ? He's almost 17 and still a virgin . Do i know that 100% yes i do !

My 17 yr old sister, who my parents are still raising the same as they raised me with the dont dont dont crap ... came to ME to put her on the pill . My parents did not learn crap from me . Anyone who thinks telling a kid to abstain and ONLY abstain is sadly mistaken it will work . Some day people will realize that ! Anyone who thinks shaming a kid with God or anything or anyone else will make them not have sex is sadly mistaken too ! If your willing to be a grand parent at an early age keep that process up !!

Mindy

You are jumping the gun on what I've said. Or you are adding to what I've said. I said that everyone should teach their children about what God expects, but not ONLY that.

Thank you so much. My husband was deployed to Iraq 2 weeks after the birth of our son. We got the daddy doll before he left so that he could get his scent on it for our son. My husband came home for his R and R just in time for our sons surgeries and then he had to turn around and go back. A few weeks later his best friend lost his life to the war and a month after that my husband was shot leaving shrapnel in his hand. They took him to the "hospital" there are put on a bandaid and sent him back out to fight. My husband is my hero. We are high school sweethearts and he is the only man I have ever had concentual sex with. I love him and our son so much. I am very lucky to have such a strong man for a husband ;). He's been a great cheerleader through this LapBand process! He's great. Thank you for looking at our pictures! I am very proud of how far our son has come :( While I do believe in abortions...if they would have told me that my son would be born with these problems and that I could terminate...I wouldn't, in a million years. When I was pregnant I said no to the Amnio (They said it's a good thing I did because I probably would have gone into preterm labor and lost him) because it wouldn't have changed the way I felt for my baby. I wouldn't have aborted because the baby would have downs. I almost lost my life giving birth to my son who was technically born dead and I would do it all over again to see his wonderful smile! But not every woman would have felt this way...a lot of women would have seen him as deformed and may have aborted him...and they should have the right to do so...if that is what they feel would be right for them and their baby.

Personally, I find you putting yourself in the position to speak for God highly offensive, if not sinful. Only God knows what is in this young woman's heart, and as far as I know, He has the Last Word on forgiveness.

Any one of us here can know the mind of God. He says so in his words to us. Just read the scriptures and you will know his stand on all issues. God himself tells those who have read his words to tell them to others. He also said that if we do not share his words, we would be accountable to Him for not telling others. So, you are mistaken when you say I am sinning. I have never said that I know what is in this young woman's heart. Only her and God know that. I do however know what God has to say on things. And so can you.

spacer.gif

Depo-Provera

What is Depo-Provera?

Depo-Provera is a long-acting progestin (hormone) form of birth control. It is injected into the muscle every 11 weeks. It is effective 24 hours after your first injection if given in the first 5 days of a normal menstrual period. You will need to receive your injection promptly every 11 weeks in order to continue your contraceptive protection.

How does it work to prevent pregnancy?

It inhibits the secretion of hormones that stimulate the ovaries. This prevents ovulation. It also thickens your cervical mucus to prevent the entrance of sperm into the uterus.

So, nothing about washing a baby out of the cervix. It prevents ovulation. Plus, fertilization takes place in the uterus not the fallopian tubes unless it's an ectopic pregnancy. This is how so much misinformation gets passed on.

;):hurray::(:hurray::D:hurray::lol: For correct info Cleo's Mom !!!

Mindy

Any one of us here can know the mind of God. He says so in his words to us. Just read the scriptures and you will know his stand on all issues. God himself tells those who have read his words to tell them to others. He also said that if we do not share his words, we would be accountable to Him for not telling others. So, you are mistaken when you say I am sinning. I have never said that I know what is in this young woman's heart. Only her and God know that. I do however know what God has to say on things. And so can you.

Does it say anything about preaching to the WILLING !!!

Does it say anything about preaching to those who do NOT want to hear it ?

MIndy

Pattygreen, you are one of the most irritating presences on this forum what with your rabbiting on about God and what you think you know about Him. Do you have any friends at all other than the Trinity???? Are you not afraid of driving people in the other direction? and alienating them from what you believe in?

I have many friends. I'm not afraid of driving people the other way. If people choose to turn the other way simply because I have spoken God's truths on controversial issues to them, then they did that to themselves by not believing what He has to say.

You are jumping the gun on what I've said. Or you are adding to what I've said. I said that everyone should teach their children about what God expects, but not ONLY that.

There ya go with the EVERYONE Crap again .

If my kids want to know about God when they grow up they can learn about it on their own .

I believe its up to them as adults to find their religion . Not for me to force my beliefs upon them .

Mindy

I have many friends. I'm not afraid of driving people the other way. If people choose to turn the other way simply because I have spoken God's truths on controversial issues to them, then they did that to themselves by not believing what He has to say.

;):rolleyes::(:rolleyes::D:rolleyes::lol::rolleyes::huh2::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Mindy

I was looking in the new In Touch magazine and they have an article in there about the Octuplet mom. They said something about her website and then they polled people: Nadya was accepting donations on her website. Would you give her money? 1 % said Absolutely, 5% said Maybe and the other 94% said never...I fall in the never area...lol Just thought I would share ;)

;):hurray::(:hurray::D:hurray::lol: For correct info Cleo's Mom !!!

Not entirely correct. From Depo-Provera® (DMPA) - McKinley Health Center - University of Illinois and generally available elsewhere as it is commonly known information:

it also thins the lining of the uterus, which would make the uterus less hospitable to a fertilized egg should ovulation occur.

Break-through ovulation is not uncommon with many forms of hormonal birth control; thus the secondary effect of making the womb inhospitable to the developing baby is what is considered the abortifacient.

:hurray::hurray::hurray::hurray::hurray::hurray::hurray: For correct info Cleo's Mom !!!

Mindy

I did not look up any info on depro provera. I took what my dr. told me as truth.

Does it say anything about preaching to the WILLING !!!

Does it say anything about preaching to those who do NOT want to hear it ?

MIndy

I'm not preaching to you. If I choose to have the same view on things as God does, can I help that? On this forum, we can all give our views. If you don't agree with mine, then that's your option.

I did not look up any info on depro provera. I took what my dr. told me as truth.

What your doctor told you was basically correct, if not technically accurate. That being said, you didn't need to avoid sex for three months -- only during the times you were fertile! I remember the 6 weeks of doctor-proscribed abstinence after delivery were the hardest thing about pregnancy (we didn't make it the entire 6 weeks after either baby). Too bad you didn't have the information about only avoiding sex surrounding ovulation to avoid 3 months of frustration :hurray:. At the very least, you could have used a condom.

There ya go with the EVERYONE Crap again .

If my kids want to know about God when they grow up they can learn about it on their own .

I believe its up to them as adults to find their religion . Not for me to force my beliefs upon them .

Mindy

God put the responsibility on the parents to teach and train up their children in the way they should go. If you fail to do this, and leave them to learn about Him from others, then you are disobeying Him.