Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

who supports right to choose

Are you Pro Life  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Are you Pro Life

• for Pro Life
    • for pro choice
    • pro choice only for extreme cases ie Mothers in danger of death

And another thing patty, I am very offended by your rant about Obama. You are patently wrong about many things that you accused him of: like wanting to kill children, for God's sakes! He's never, ever declared that he wants women to get abortions or to kill a baby that is born alive during an abortion. That is a crock of right wing rehtoric that is absolutely untrue. You need to separate campaign lies from the facts.

You say that God mandates that marriage is between a man and a woman. But the fact is, according to the Constitution, there should be no discrimination with regard to race, creed, color, sex, etc. But disallowing homosexuals to enter into marriage contracts is discriminating against them and not affording them the same rights under the law that heterosexuals enjoy. Furthermore, separation of church and state is an important component of our government. Religious beliefs should not dictate our laws. Because we know that your religion and everyone else's religion are probably not the same. What if we allowed the other person's religion, lets' say the Muslim religion, govern the laws of our country? Would you feel that it discriiminated against you? There are plenty of Muslim and other religions represented in this country by people who are just as American as you are.

Obama does not want to take away your right to bear arms. Yes, I believe he does favor some kinds of gun control - perhaps fully automatic assault weapons. Why do you feel you should be allowed to stockpile arms and ammunition? So that you can defend yourself if the government goes rogue on you? You expecting a civil war of some kind? Trust me, if they want to storm trooper your neighborhood, you won't be able to stop them with your puny stockpile of weapons vs. their mighty defense arsenal. But with some regulations on weaponry in the U.S. people like me can feel fairly confident that if someone decides to go shoot a bunch of women who are standing outside Planned Parenthood, it will take them a while to do it and maybe we'll catch them before they climb down out of the tree.

As for health insurance. You do understand that with the system as it now is, you're paying for lots and lots of people's health care, right? Since so many people do not have insurance or access to regular health care, when they have health issues they head for the hospital. Well who do you think pays for that hospital visit? The administration at the hospital? The nurses? The doctors? Nope. You do.

What Obama wants is for everyone to have access to health care without YOU having to pay for it through higher insurance premiums. Health insurance is so expensive because of this (among other things) many people cannot afford it. He wants you to be able to have the exact health insurance you have right now if that is what you want. Can you choose your doctors through your insurance plan? Well he wants Americans to be able to choose their doctors. You right wingers have decided that what Obama wants for this nation is socialized medicine, as it is in Canada and England. You're wrong about that. Again, that was a campaign tactic that was tossed out there to scare you.

Obama is all about free enterprize and in fact has plans to encourage it. What we've had under the Republicans is a complete focus on the upper echelon in this country. That has not produced more jobs for us, it has created jobs for places like India. He wants to reward corporations that create jobs in the U.S. He wants all corporations to pay their fair share instead of the nearly free ride they've had for the past 8 years. He doesn't expect the wealthy to go broke - he only expects that they do their part to make America strong. He wants America to benefit from their doing business here - instead of Americans being beaten down by having to pay such high taxes and by losing their jobs or having their salaries cut so that the greedy corporate bigwigs can make millions and millions more dollars each year. How you can call that abolishing free enterprise is a real stumper!

Obama knows as do the people who voted for him, that he's no Messiah. He is just one man and he has proposals that he thinks can help Americans and that will make America a better and stronger nation. He can't do it alone. He can't part the Red Sea. No one expects him to. We are glad that he wants us to be a part of getting this country on some kind of sane course into the future.

You do not sound like you have any idea what Obama really stands for. You sound like you've bought into the campaign lies and misrepresentations. No wonder you have misgivings about the outcome of this election. I hope that in a year, maybe 2, you'll look back on this and wonder how in the world you could have ever thought that Obama's goals are not what God would want for this country.

It hurts me that you think that if a young GIRL is raped that she should carry that baby and give it away or keep it. At 14 my body was not ready to carry a baby. I was not ready for the body changes that I would have to go through, the emotional change that I would have had to go through, the torment I would have gone through trying to go to middle school pregnant...I was barely in the 8th grade!!! I do not regret my decision and I never will. It's not like I was out having sex with eveyone without protection and then ended up pregnant and then because of my mistake had an abortion...I was a virgin that was RAPED by a family member...I did not make the decision to have sex let alone unprotected sex. I made the right decision. I cried for weeks thinking omg they said I was a murdered...am I a murderer? They called me a whore...am I a whore? You know how many times I asked my parents if it was my fault??? I had to be in counseling and on depression medications. At 14 my biggest worry should have been getting ready for high school not what I had to go through.

It hurts me that you think that if a young GIRL is raped that she should carry that baby and give it away or keep it. At 14 my body was not ready to carry a baby. I was not ready for the body changes that I would have to go through, the emotional change that I would have had to go through, the torment I would have gone through trying to go to middle school pregnant...I was barely in the 8th grade!!! I do not regret my decision and I never will. It's not like I was out having sex with eveyone without protection and then ended up pregnant and then because of my mistake had an abortion...I was a virgin that was RAPED by a family member...I did not make the decision to have sex let alone unprotected sex. I made the right decision. I cried for weeks thinking omg they said I was a murdered...am I a murderer? They called me a whore...am I a whore? You know how many times I asked my parents if it was my fault??? I had to be in counseling and on depression medications. At 14 my biggest worry should have been getting ready for high school not what I had to go through.

rodriguezequal

Girl - you have nothing to be ashamed of you are none of those things !!!! You were a child, you were a victim, you were preyed upon by a sick person.

You made the best choice that worked for you.. There are always going to be those right wing conservatives that would have us in the back room with hangers. Those pro-lifers are hypocrites IMHO - they kill and bomb clinic's - it's just like the zealots who kill in the name of god... hypocrites

If you were my child - I would have stood by you and suggested the same course of action - if that counts for anything - I would have most likely tried to hurt one of those pple who called you names..

God understands I truly believe he does - so don't let fanatics like pattygreen get under your skin...

Yea, don't let them get to you. They haven't had to deal with anything like that before so they have no idea what it is like. I'd like to see how one of them would feel about the issue if it happened to THEIR daughter.

:rolleyes2: I was lucky to be blessed with the parents I had :thumbup:

Let me first say that When Obama tells me that he supports a womans right to choose, he is talking about choosing to kill your unborn baby or choosing to deliver it alive and either keep it or give it up for adoption. So, him supporting the right to choose means YES, he will allow you to murder your unborn children. Period!!!

Marriage is: A God ordained institution between one man and one woman where they say vows before Him. God instituted marriage and defined it in that way. If you don't like his definition of marriage, then your problem is with Him, not me. Homosexuals may do as they please, but changing the definition of what a marriage is supposed to be is wrong. Like I said before, call it a civil union or anything else you like.

If God had not set up the first set of laws to follow (the 10 Commandments), man would not know what a law was. Someone has to have the ultimate authority to dictate what should be allowed or not. And that someone is God. If he did not say 'Thou shalt not murder', who's to say you can't? For instance, both you and I disagree about abortion rights. Who can settle this debate? God can. And He can settle every debate out there.

This country was founded by our CHRISTIAN forefathers, who came here from England so that they could worship God freely. The same God I still serve today. I'm sorry if you or your family drifted away from that God as time in this country went on, but some of us haven't.

Now, as far as the 14 year old who was raped and had the abortion goes. You are right when you say that Jesus would feel compassion for her and love and comfort her through it. But you are wrong if you think he would have accepted getting an abortion as the way out of it. He would have told her that in this wicked world in which we live, people do all kinds of evil things to others such as rape. It isn't right, but it happens none the less. He would have told her that he loves her, and that he also loves the innocent new life inside her and that it too is a victim here. He would have told her to carry the child and deliver the child and know that none of this is her fault or the child's fault, but that to kill the baby through an abortion is a sin. That's what he would have told her.

Now this girl is no longer 14 years old. This is what I believe He would tell her now. "My child, when that happened to you when you were young, you didn't know what to do, and I understand that at the time you were confused and young and hurt and abused unjustly. I want you to know that I forgive you for making the choice to have an abortion. I love you." That's what he would say now, if she asks him for forgiveness. God knows that we go through this life and make wrong choices and decisions every day. That's why he sent Jesus.

and by the way, I have never stood at an abortion clinic to protest abortions. And just because some christians have done that, it isn't fair to put all of us in the same category as 'radical'.

I'm sorry, but I don't think that anyone has the right to say what they think Jesus or God would say...I pray then and believe I came to the right solution to my "problem". I read the Bible and I have read it through completely twice. God, like most parents, supports his children (me included) in whatever decisions they make in life!!!

Not true. God does not support his children in every decision that they make in life. Only the right decisions. Just like you as a parent would not support your child's decision to use drugs.(or at least I hope not)

Also, if you have read the bible twice, then you would have read the story in the old testament of a person who killed the baby in the womb of a pregnant woman and God gave him the death penalty for it. He does not approve of harming the unborn child in any way.

but you preach as if everyone should follow YOUR god...

and i admit, i am christian but i do not want anyone's beliefs preached to me.

and yes, i'm a christian who is pro-choice who is 26 weeks pregnant. especially when there is rape/incest involved.

Not true. God does not support his children in every decision that they make in life. Only the right decisions. Just like you as a parent would not support your child's decision to use drugs.(or at least I hope not)

Also, if you have read the bible twice, then you would have read the story in the old testament of a person who killed the baby in the womb of a pregnant woman and God gave him the death penalty for it. He does not approve of harming the unborn child in any way.

1. However, (the christian) God forgives us for our sins.

2. Abortion should not be the decision of government but between a woman and her God.