Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Coconut oil hair treatment

So my hair is thin. I can make Brillo pads out of what appears in the shower everyday. Seriously nothing you guys haven't heard or seen. But hubby sent me this and was wondering if anyone had tried??

http://www.newhealthguide.org/Coconut-Oil-For-Hair-Growth.html

I have used coconut oil in my hair for years, and it sure didn't help with my Hair loss. The hair I have is heathy from the use of the coconut oil (not dry and crisp), but it still comes out in massive clumps.

Well I applied today and kept it in for about 4 hours not feels rather soft

Not sure it did anything as I lost a bunch washing the oil out n

Will try this for a while and see what happens I guess

I have locs. I use coconut oil on my a hair after every Shampoo. I think the theory is that because your hair is no longer dry and brittle it helps with breakage. Not sure if it will help with Hair loss due to wls surgery.

I've used coconut oil for years as well (I keep a little container in the bathroom just for my hair and skin), but I use olive oil (heated up to be warm in the microwave) as a hot oil treatment. I literally dip the ends of my hair into a bowl of it, smooth the oil through each section and wipe the excess oil into the rest up near the scalp until my whole head is covered, and then clip it up and wrap it with a towel or shower cap and go do stuff for an hour or two. Then Shampoo out and condition as normal. But I also have super colorized hair (it's blue now) so I have to do this stuff to keep it from looking like a cotton ball. ;)

I also have a bottle of Palmer's Coconut oil formula hair milk I use after each shower (got it for $5 at Target), and I don't use shampoo with sulfites in it (most shampoos have that, and it is horrible for your hair). I mostly use a no-poo approach - I use conditioner to "shampoo" my hair, and just lightly scrub at my scalp in the shower, then leave it in for 5-10 minutes and rinse. I use a mild sulfite-free shampoo maybe every week or so (when I do the olive oil treatment mostly).

I am also on Biotin right now for the sleeve - it helps with skin, hair and nails (they have it as part of my daily Vitamin from the doc's office due to the Hair loss possibility). You can buy it at most places that sell Vitamins and it's supposed to really help.

And eat your protein! From what I've read, the hair loss is occurring due to the lack of Protein in your diet, so try to get in as much as you can. :)

Totally agree. I current have eggplant/dark purple dreds. I do much of what you do and I am also taking Biotin. I was taking it presurgery as well. I am menopausal and since I color my locs I wanted the added supplemental support.

Thank you!

I did the treatment yesterday and hair feels silky. I am going to get a sulfite free Shampoo tmmw