Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I finally finished my 6 month process. Now I wait.... hoping my insurance doesn't have any issues so I can move forward on this forever, long waited journey. I'm 35; 5'2" and heaviest weight was 250. I managed to drop down to 240 throughout these past 6 months. I also learned through this whole process that I have a a severe case of GERD so I will be having the RNY apposed to the sleeve (which I originally wanted). I'm so excited to have this surgery. I have been stalking this forum for months now and can't wait to be on the other side. Thank you everyone for your honesty and strength. I will keep you updated. Hoping for a February surgery date.

How exciting! I hope your insurance comes through with an approval very soon. I know it's hard to wait for the answer when you've jumped through all the required hoops and just want to get going with the surgery.

I also considered the sleeve but found out that due to my reflux issues, that surgery was not suggested. It was discovered during my endoscopy that I have a hiatal hernia so I need to get that taken care of at the same time as my surgery. That made scheduling a challenge since the hernia-fix-it guy is a thoracic surgeon and they are very difficult to book.

Wishing you the best of luck! Keep us posted!

How exciting for you guys! I too had the RNY because I had uncontrollable reflux. I am now 3.5 months along and have never had a problem with reflux/Gerd and my case was very severe! They had me take my nexium for the first 30 days and I have been off all meds since.

I wish you guys the best of luck and pray for a speedy recovery!

Keep us posted on your progress!

My height and weight were the same as yours. I am now 10 months post-op and am down 115 pounds. You will do great!

Mbstas- I am so excited to hear that you started at the same weight and height as me and you've hit my goal weight! Do you feel good in the 130's? My wife thinks that will be too much for me to lose but I'm determined to get there. I've been searching for people with my beginning stats. How do you feel and do you have a lot of extra skin? Sorry to bombard you with so many questions I'm just really excited.

I feel years younger and have so much more energy now. My skin is loose, nothing really hanging, but pretty wrinkled. At my age there isn't much elasticity left. I am able to cover it with clothes and am hoping the lifting routine will tighten things up some. I am realistic though. I am not really interested in plastics, just happy for a return to health.