Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi all. I am 3 months out from sleeve and down 43 lbs. I have two problems. One is that I am in a stall for almost 3 weeks. The second is that since Christmas, I am a little more hungry than I should be. I still can only fit about 4oz or so in but I get hungry quicker. Greek yogurt doesnt satisfy me. I seem to need more solid food to feel full. I'm thinking I'm not getting enough Protein. Should I eat more chicken? Also, Does anyone know how fast you can stretch your stoma? I know a few times I didn't chew well enough and I paid for it.

welcome to the site!!! 3 months out you should be able to tolerate most foods. chicken, fish, lean meats are all Protein packed. do you log your foods/activity using myfitnesspal? lots of people here do. you can find a thread and add tons of fellow VSG people on there. I am on there (same username). you can see peoples meals it may give you some ideas. hungry is boredom related? I know winters can be tough. do you belong to a gym? others will say that thirst is disguised as hungry... stalls happen. you will get through it.

I still can only fit about 4oz or so in but I get hungry quicker. Also, Does anyone know how fast you can stretch your stoma?

Try more Protein based foods. They maintain the feeling of fullness longer.

How fast can you stretch your stomach????? This should not be something you need an answer to.......try to think of it as "under no circumstances do you want to do anything to stretch your sleeve." That is the primary reason I got the surgery.

Bottom line --- I eat alot less due to the tiny sleeve and "any overeating by me could damage the sleeve and cause me all kinds of complications" (ie: fearfactor) Works for me. In other words, I needed something to force me to comply with what was needed to stay on track. And the danger of causing complications does the trick.

So, stop looking for escape routes and just stick to the guidelines and you'll be fine......no, you'll be better then fine......you'll be a healthy, smaller, more svelte you.......Good luck ;)

Yes I belong to a gym. I was more worried that I stretched it on accident than anything else. I was afraid that is why Im feeling less satisfied lately. I know I don't drink enough, I hate Water. Trying more crystal light.

Yes I belong to a gym. I was more worried that I stretched it on accident than anything else. I was afraid that is why Im feeling less satisfied lately. I know I don't drink enough, I hate Water. Trying more crystal light.

Ok, I get ya.......

The first few months, I could only fit about 3 ounces......now, a year out, I fit about 6. Even at six ounces there is absolute notable restriction. (I am reminded immediately if I fudge it). I'm no expert, but I don't think it's stretching as much as it heals and relaxes more than in the first few months. ;)

Edited by Recycled

I doubt you've stretched your sleeve much. As Recycled mentioned, in the first couple of months, there is still swelling causing additional restriction and as you heal, that swelling goes down. How much Protein are you currently getting. You should ALWAYS be eating protein first. Doesn't have to be chicken. I get protein from all sorts of places now. I eat tuna, shrimp, pork, turkey, Beans, beef (I try to still somewhat limit beef intake, though), and dairy. I'm not afraid of carbs like some people on this site, but I just don't eat a lot of carbs because I'm always putting protein first, so just don't really have any room for them. If what I'm eating has some carbs in it (like if any of the meat I'm eating is breaded or the dairy has sugar), I don't stress about it. So long as I'm getting all my protein in. Also, I've found that carbs (sugar especially) don't make me "full" the way Proteins do.

@emk101009

wonderful weight loss

how do you know hungry you "should" be???? :blink:

"it" varies for all of us

some of us might never have lost their hunger issues

others maybe at 3 months

others at..............

stalls happen to most all of us :huh:

Get Over It :lol:

must be patient - it will pass (like gas :wacko: ) ;)

time periods/stalls will vary from 3 weeks to..............

God Grant Me Patience, Just Hurry Up About It!!! ;)

We're all different

we lose amount of weight in different time periods

we lose inches at the beginning from different areas

ie less boobs or less tushy!!! ;)

yogurt is not that filling :mellow:

but it is great, and has lots of Protein too :)

you can never have too much Protein during the day

dense protein like chicken is wonderful - very filling

you didn't chew thoroughly?? :angry:

means you probably ate too fast too!!!!

KNOCK IT OFF :D

slow down with your eating

and chew better

that wouldn't cause you to stretch your sleeve

after each bite, put your utensil down for a few seconds too

use a baby spoon - that helps too

i "think" many people at one time or another

worry that they might have stretched their new little tummies :angry:

as far as "stretching" your tummy

eat wayyyy too much food, too fast all morning, noon, afternoon, evening & night

in other words 24/7

grazing ALL day (like you/me did in the good 'ol days

this will cause weight gain

but as far as stretching the sleeve - don't "think"it happens

follow all the rules and things should be good

you'll get wrinkles if you worry toooo much :o ;)

good luck

43 lbs down!!!

kathy

congrats