Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Where is everyone?

Just wondering where all you guys were and how you were doing? (Lee, Mary, Deb, others) Haven't seen any posts lately and wanted to hear from you. Monday I will have been banded 4 weeks and so far things are great. I'm not having any problems and I'm exercising; I've had my first fill and it was nothing like what I had dreaded:nervous Hope to hear from you guys soon!

Hi Susie..My name is Regina.I live in Hickory Flat,MS.I was banded 6/19/06 and have had 3 fills and 1 slight unfill and am doing GREAT with it.. Glad to hear you are doing well with your band! I know I love mine!

Howdy, Ladies! I was banded by Dr. King on 022307, have had 2 fills (plus a 4cc fill during surgery) and am currently filled to a little above 5cc. I have lost approx. 40 pounds and have around 35 more to go. I haven't had any problems so far. I find that I am much more restrictd in the mornings but can pretty much eat anything in the evenings (unfortunately!). I haven't lost much in the last 2 weeks but I've made poor food choices (why is it that junk food goes down so easy?) and I also haven't been exercising (shame on me!). I have got to start exercising!! I am trying to follow a lower carb diet most of the time. I would love to hear a sample of what Y'all are eating during the day? I usually have coffee for Breakfast, sometimes a snack of lunchmeat mid-morning; a 200 calorie low carb Smart Ones frozen meal for lunch, and either another frozen meal for supper or small portions of whatever my family is eating. Usually around 600-900 calories. I wonder if I am not eating enough? I'm thinking that the frozen meals are too processed and that I probably need to eat more fresh foods but the frozen meals are so convenient and are only 180-200 calories. I find that I am still eating out of boredom, etc. and need to work on that! Anyway, sorry to ramble on so much!

Mary

Hey there...Let me chime in here....

I am doing very well these days. I am getting fill number 2 on June 13th...I got this first one on May 16th. The fill was not too good--it's not quite to the "Happy Zone"...It's ok--i am hoping the next fill with do me better. I have my days when it's no appetite and then days whe there is a feeling like I used to feel---too much hunger. I am doing my best to control it all..

Hi Susie....I'm Jen (allwright) from KY. I got banded in March, 2 months ago yesterday. I'm new to this site and still learning to get around on here. I can't seem to figure out the signature and ticker thing. I chose one and my sig. but how do you post it?????(feeling really dumb).

Thanks

Genie - I am so amazed! You are doing great! I hope I do as well as you have! Mary and Lee it was good to hear how you are doing. I find myself alot like you Mary; I am more restricted in the morning than in the evening. I have been trying to limit my carbs as well. I have been walking 2 miles a day for at least 5 days a week. Its not so bad. Jen - I'm rather technologically challenged but I finally managed to get my ticker on here. Open up the userCP to edit your signature. Then minimize that window and go to tickerfactory.com to create your ticker. After you make your ticker, highlight it and press control-C (copy); maximize the userCP page (open it back up) and go back to your signature, then control-V (paste) and your ticker should appear on your signature. Be sure to save the changes toyour signature. Good luck and let me know if that works for you!

Hi there again....To talk about the fill...It's more restricted during the morning too. I have eaten the yogurt as I do most days---Sometimes I feel like it's all going to come up. I have click on the slow down rule. Then some days--like today--I missed most of my meals. Strangely enough--I felt no hunger all day until about 4:00 PM...I ate a bit of brocolli, some mashed potatoes ...I was so satisfied for the fitst time. Then about 7:30--I ate some veggies---satified again...I hope this keeps up...Because I have has some of the strange feelings in the past 5 days...

Hey Lee - are you eating enough Protein? They told me to eat my meat first and then there isn't much room for veggies. I have found that the sugar free carnation instant Breakfast goes down pretty easily in the mornings and has about 13 grams of Fiber. I'm with you on the learning to eat slower -- thats something I'm having to learn the hard way! I bought pack of little plastic baby spoons in the baby department and thats what I've been using to eat stuff. It helps me to take smaller bites. My doc also told me to chew each bite 25-30 times and put my fork down between each bite. How is your weight loss going?

Hi Ya'll~~

I've had lots of emotionally stressful events this past month and I've been reverting back to old eating habits and self-destructive, negative thought priocesses. I had my 2nd fill a month ago,,and I cant tell any difference. I'm tight in the mornings,,that's about it. The ohter day,,I bought the Deluxe brekkie at McDonalds(egg, sausage, biscuit, hass brown, 3 pancakes)and ate almost half of it. Makes me sick to even think about the shame of doing that. Thru the grace of God, I've only gained one pound. I"ve been going to the gym almost everyday, using the machines, the pool,,steam room,,trying to at least be more active. I live alone, way out in the country,,no real friends, no job at the moment, all great excuses, eh? PFFTTTTTTTTTT Ohyeah,,and I turned 53 June 7th.

Today, I woke up and said this is enough!!!!!! My pity party has run its course and it's time to get my bum in gear!

I've lost 51 pounds since my banding Jan 29th, and I'm thankful for that, but I'm not going to let this situational depression ruin what I paid almost $20,000 for,,nor allow it to shove me back into the miserable existance I endured for so along. Thanks for being here,,each of you,,I appreciate you all. Ohyeah,,I'm going to a support group meeting tonight,,anything to get my head clear.

banded 1/29/07

Dr Ken Cleveland-CMMC-Jackson, MS

331/280/150

2 fills to date-total of 1.75ccs in a 4 cc band

I forgot to mention,,,my nursing instructor(I graduated last year) asked me to come talk to her Nutrition class about my surgery and the diet modificatins. GAWDDDDDDDDD,,,talk about feeling awful,,I've not been a shining example of a person living a healthy lifestyle lately. Perhaps this little assignment was God's way of pushing me in the right direction. :-)

:)Hi Deb -

Just hang in there and do one bite, one meal, one day at a time. We all probably knew there would be times like that when we are tempted to revert to our old habits. The key is to replace them with new ones. And one of the things I keep telling myself when I am tempted to eat something "bad": I am paying too much for this thing to mess it up for a few minutes of pleasure or a taste of something forbidden. You are doing great - going to the gym, working out. You've lost 51 pounds - that is amazing!:clap2: Just keep your mind in the game (I know that is hard when we have as much to lose as we do!) I am just setting little mini goals for myself. If I look at the big picture, it seems overwhelming and I get depressed. Good for you for going to the support meeting. I wish I lived close enough to go to one (my surgery was 2.5 hours away). Feel free to PM me anytime you need to talk to a friend--we can get to know one another and encourage each other! Hang in there sister -- it will get better!