Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hello everyone. I have been dieting for almost 6 months now. My insurance said I had to have a dietitian for 6 months January 1st I changed insurance companies and now they say only 4 months I'm going to my last dietitian appointment and then everything gets submitted to the insurance company. My case manager at the hospital said I should have my surgery by the end of February. I am 44 years old and have realized the weight just does not come off like it used to. I have struggled with my demons forever and now it is time to take care of them and push them away forever. My highest weight I have ever been which was when I started this journey six months ago was 492 I am now down to 443. What is the most weight that people have lost in 6 months a year out? I am really getting excited to start a new journey!!

Congratulations on your journey! You sound so excited and you should be! I wouldn't recommend comparing what other people have lost during a specific period of time because we're all different. If you perceive yourself as losing "more slowly" than others, you might be discouraged.

Generally speaking, people who start at higher BMIs will lose more/faster than those with lower BMIs, but there are so many variables in the equation for each person. Also, many people seem to lose more/faster in the beginning and it slows as they approach their goal weight. However, others have started off very slowly. I've heard that an overall average is about 10lbs/month in the long run and you will hear wildly different rates from people. Again, doesn't mean you're doing it "wrong" if you don't lose at any given rate.

As long as you maintain a balance with eating and exercise, your weight will come off and you will be delighted at the new you! And congratulate yourself for all your accomplishments on the way to your goal weight.

Best of luck to you!

Edited by AlwaysVegas

Good luck to you!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• BetterLeah

Woohoo! I have 7 more days till surgery, So far I am already down a total of 20lbs since I started this journey. 
      · 1 reply
      1. NeonRaven8919

Well done! I'm 9 days away from surgery! Keep us updated!

• Ladiva04

Hello,
      I had my surgery on the 25th of June of this year. Starting off at 117 kilos.😒
      · 1 reply
      1. NeonRaven8919

Congrats on the surgery!

• Sandra Austin Tx

I’m 6 days post op as of today. I had the gastric bypass 
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • RacMag  »  bhogue925

Hi, I’m new here. I’m currently on the liver shrinking diet. So far so good, but I have to say I haven’t found a protein shake I like. Anyone have any suggestions please? My surgery date is September 17th. 
      · 2 replies
      1. BlondePatriotInCDA

Fairlife Core are by far the best. They taste just as they are - chocolate milk. You can either get the 26 grams or the 42 grams (harder to find and more expensive). For straight protein look at Bulksuppliments.com ..they have really good whey proteins and offer auto ship plus they test for purity. No taste or smell...

2. BlondePatriotInCDA

Fairlife has strawberry, vanilla and of course chocolate. No more calories than other protein drinks. Stay away from Premiere, they're dealing with lawsuits due to not being honest about protein content.

• Doctor-Links

HGH For Sale
      hgh for sale at our online pharmacy

Human growth hormone (HGH) is a small protein which is made in part of the brain called the pituitary gland. It travels in your bloodstream all over your body to make your body grow.
      HGH is very important in the body. It is needed for children to grow normally. It helps make sure there is enough muscle and fat in the body. It keeps our bones healthy.
      Buy Rybelsus online, Rybelsus tablets
      You can order for wegovy at our online pharmacy
      Check for the prices of 0.25mg, 0.5mg and 1mg at our online pharmacy and buy ozempic.
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches