Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Food questions

My wife had surgery on 1-7-15 and its 1-13-15. She's on full liquid diet but wants something a little diferent. Like scrambled egg or chili blended into liquid as possible. Im not sure if it would be ok. Opinions/advice/experience?

What about drinkable yogurt? I was allowed to have that on my full liquid phase. When is she scheduled to move into purees?

She eats yogurt as part of whats allowed but wants more to eat than what she's been eating. Shes kind of a picky eater. She hasn't been told when she can eat puree yet. Check up in 2 days and she may find out then.

Need help from anyone that can help me I feel so hopeless at this time, I've had gastric sleeve in September 2013 , and have only lost 45 pounds no support groups of where to go in KC Or OP area, I can't stop eating candy, pop, chips don't know what right foods to eat, I know I'm not getting enough Protein in at all.Need help on who ever can support through this time that I'm Giong through HELP!!!

@@whit340 If I where her I would wait out the two days and ask the surgeon. I know it's hard I went through it But it's worth waiting the two days.

@@Sexy-D Ok well first of all the stuff you just mentioned ....bad! Go back to the basics Protein FIRST and then eat other things that are healthy. I eat a lot of seafood, chicken, turkey,ect..(lean protein) also things like eggs and cheese. If you need to drink Protein Shakes to help then do that. My favorite is the Premier Protein (ready Made) chocolate shake with a scoop of PB cookie Syntrax powder. It gives you 320 calories, only 2 grams of sugar and 53 grams of protein. Look up high protein recipes.

@@Sexy-D If you go back to basics (not drinking before and after Eating) it will help. I've stuck to that exact plan and I'm down 40 lbs in 10 weeks. You can do it!

My wife had surgery on 1-7-15 and its 1-13-15. She's on full liquid diet but wants something a little diferent. Like scrambled egg or chili blended into liquid as possible. Im not sure if it would be ok. Opinions/advice/experience?

Her nutritionist should have given a list of what is acceptable on a full liquid diet. It's pretty much Soups and shakes. If she is unsure, she should call her nutritionist. Remember it's Protein and fluids first. food will come later. Her tummy is still healing. rushing things may make her sick.

She eats yogurt as part of whats allowed but wants more to eat than what she's been eating. Shes kind of a picky eater. She hasn't been told when she can eat puree yet. Check up in 2 days and she may find out then.

She needs to wait and ask at her check up. We're the internet. Not doctors.

Need help from anyone that can help me I feel so hopeless at this time, I've had gastric sleeve in September 2013 , and have only lost 45 pounds no support groups of where to go in KC Or OP area, I can't stop eating candy, pop, chips don't know what right foods to eat, I know I'm not getting enough Protein in at all.Need help on who ever can support through this time that I'm Giong through HELP!!!

If you had surgery over a year ago and still haven't changed you eating habits, you probably need counseling more than a support group. Check you insurance carrier and find a good addictions counselor who specializes in food addictions or seek out a dietician familiar with bariatrics patients.

Thank u I have appt in March to see a dietician but just seems so far away, I'm not hungry just eating to be eating, thanks again

@@whit340

Does she have a variety of Soups to choose from? When I was on full liquids, I went to the grocery store and bought pretty much every single kind of creamed Soup there was. I strained out the solid bits, but having a wide variety of flavors did help a lot. I got pretty addicted to cream of shrimp and one of the progresso enchilada flavors.