Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

hitting my goal weight to sched surgery - *new here, sorry if this has been asked

This is my first time posting, so please bare with me.

I go 01/22 for my final weigh in (so 9 days) and I need to lose 5 more pounds. I have been following the diet to the T and exercising and this last 5 will NOT come off.

Does anyone have any suggestions, or tips?

What kind of exercising are you doing? And what is your diet?

It is a diabetic diet, (I am not diabetic), 50% veg, 30%Protein, 20% fruit, dairy, starchy veg. 1000 calories.

I do high impact cardio 3-4 times a week and walk a mile 4-5 times a week (in addition). I have been on it for going on three months and I have lost a decent amount but I need to lose 5 more to meet my drs guidelines to sched surgery and with only 9 days left I before my "final weigh in" I am starting to worry.

This may not be the healthiest but, I did fat free greek yogurt in the morning with banana mixed in and coffee. lunch was a small salad with fat free dressing only a little dressing serving size. dinner was cabbage stir fried with a little evoo and maybe 1 cup of brown rice. You can have as much cabbage as you want. No salt no sugar. Water to drink. I lost 6 pounds in 4 days. I di s for my last nutrition visit. Hope it helps sweetie! :D

This is my first time posting, so please bare with me.

I go 01/22 for my final weigh in (so 9 days) and I need to lose 5 more pounds. I have been following the diet to the T and exercising and this last 5 will NOT come off.

Does anyone have any suggestions, or tips?

Thank you for the tip!! I am willing to try just about anything at this point. I am going to feel like crap if I can't sched my surgery over

3 to 5 lbs. I am hoping it is just a mini stall and by the weekend it will fall off. :blush:

I will say a prayer for you hun! Let me know what happens if you can sweetie. :)

Thank you for the tip!! I am willing to try just about anything at this point. I am going to feel like crap if I can't sched my surgery over

3 to 5 lbs. I am hoping it is just a mini stall and by the weekend it will fall off. :blush:

Low carb, low sugar, low sodium...drinks lots of water!

Yes... Low your sodium and up your Water....

You could try the GM diet, sometime the weight plateaus because your body can predict what's coming next.... When you surprise it, it should help you drop a few pounds and maybe go easy on exercising, you could be building muscles hence that's why you are not losing weight.

Definitely a prayer in my heart for you.

I know this is not healthy but once before a weigh in I wrapped myself in plastic wrap and exercised and sweated the Water weight off for weigh in. Then drank water afterwards.

Thanks for all of the advice everyone. I have tried a few different things and have only lost a lb. I am backing off working out and doing all Clear Liquids (per my surgeons guidelines) until Thursday in hopes that I will be close enough to my goal to sched. surgery. Prayers and good vibes are always welcome!