Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Who have you had enough of ??

Ok, one more thing. I think we should burn this stuff in people's brains because obviously modern mothers and fathers seem to have missed the memo:

How come it is that parents are incapable of instilling decent values in to the heads of kids these days? This is from Hamlet, a play written by William Shakespeare almost 500 years ago. What the hell. Some parents are retards.

Yet here, Laertes! Aboard, aboard for shame!

The wind sits in the shoulder of your sail,

And you are stay'd for.

There ... my blessing with thee!

And these few precepts in thy memory

Look thou character. Give thy thoughts no tongue,

Nor any unproportion'd thought his act.

Be thou familiar, but by no means vulgar.

Those friends thou hast, and their adoption tried,

Grapple them to thy soul with hoops of steel;

But do not dull thy palm with entertainment

Of each new-hatch'd, unfledg’d comrade. Beware

Of entrance to a quarrel but, being in,

Bear't that th' opposed may beware of thee.

Give every man thy ear, but few thy voice;

Take each man's censure, but reserve thy judgement.

Costly thy habit as thy purse can buy,

But not express'd in fancy; rich, not gaudy;

For the apparel oft proclaims the man;

And they in France of the best rank and station

Are of a most select and generous chief in that.

Neither a borrower, nor a lender be;

For loan oft loses both itself and friend,

And borrowing dulls the edge of husbandry.

This above all: to thine own self be true,

And it must follow, as the night the day,

Thou canst not then be false to any man

Farewell; my blessing season this in thee!

If you need help decoding this, let me know and I'll break it down a bit more. :)

Nothing wrong with a little tease.... :)

Hey there,

I saw the thread that Lauren started, but I'm confused, so I wanted to read your my space blogs to try to understand about this person, and I found your my space account, but it wouldn't let me read the blogs about this person, for some reason, I e-mailed Wendell to see if he can tell me how to do it....computers are not my thing.....LOL!

Thanks!

Elena

Let the rants begin...

Hey Lauren, I agree with your position on religion and will take it a step further...I hate it when people use religion as a crutch and/or substitute for independent thought and personal accountability. :omg:

I'm now changing my name and location to avoid the mob carrying torches and pitchforks.

Televangelists creep me out.

I'm tired of people who do not take responsibility. I cannot tell you how much this irritates me, and what's worse - it's CONSTANT. Parents for their children, people for themselves and their behaviors, individuals for the consequences they invoke. I hate finger pointers. I hate:

____ made me do it.

I had to because of _____.

It's not my fault, I can't help it, I have/was/_____.

Own your friggin actions and reactions. I didn't make you mad, you reacted to something I said with anger. I didn't make your feelings hurt, you reacted to something I said with some emotional affect. This is everywhere. It's one of our worst plagues, a plague of irresponsibility, apathy and ignorance. We're catering to the lowest common denominator.

I'm sick and tired of schools not teaching critical subjects at younger age, or even as mandatory in older ages. Things like personal finance, communication, ethics & diversity, critical thinking... all of the above normally aren't taught under college, and then, they're electives or aligned with major programs. I understand the limitations, but I would really like to see this change. I'd MUCH rather have been able to study finance than geography. I can learn the geography on my own if I need it. The finance - not so much. Lessons learned in geography - I've pointed to the wrong place on a map, or lost a game of Trivia pursuit. Lessons learned in personal finance - I'm up to my eyeballs in credit debt, had to declare bankruptcy, or don't know what 401k is.

I'm tired of people who think they're owed something. Again, something that applies all over the place. Be glad you have what you do, and you're ebing given what you're already being given. Want more? Go work for it. Want more than that? Find a way to work more. Quit looking for ways to make it my responsibility to hand it to you.

I'm tired of kick ass interior designers because I'm jealous of them, see their gorgeous pics, realize I don't like something about my house, and then spend $$$ to get equally mediocre results.

I'm tired of young kids acting like, looking like, and being whores. This is a gender neutral statement. When I was 12 I wasn't worried about whether or not I gave good head. I was worried about making the all-star team. I feel a sick sort of pity for these people. Someone or something has influences their behavior, and as a society we're unequipped and uneducated about what we can to do help. And our culture is rewarding and inciting this behavior. Hmm, I wonder why it doesn't change...

I'm tired of people who still write checks or, more specifically, wait until their entire cart is rung up befire beginning to manually write the check out. There are only two places that need to wait. C'mon, you can do it, go ahead and write the store's name... there you go!

I hate that people who intentionally work high-risk, dangerous jobs are "heroes" for doing exactly what they're paid to do, when they're paid to do it. These are employees, not heroes. They agree by having the job that X risk is acceptable in exchange for X reward (intrinsic, extrinsic). If you're a cop, you kind of have to know that you have a chance of being shot at. If you're a firefighter, you might get burned. If you're a lion tamer, you might get bitten. You can't be surprised/in shock/disbelief if these things happen, and you're not a hero for going through it.

I'm so sick and tired of people who actually think that not forwarding me the email with the puppy pics and rainbows will cause them 10 years of bad luck, or that they're really going to miss out on the free $20 Applebee's gift certificate.

I hate tramp stamps. I hate that everything is a lawsuit. I hate infomercials about starving children. I mean - if you feel for them that much, teach them how to shoo a fly while you're there filming.

I hate people who only show up in discussions or debates long enough to take a jab and run away. I see this much more on the internet than in real life. I attribute that to anyonymity. If you poke your head in the door, I still know who you are. If you post "I think this, now I'm done with this thread, bye!" - not so much. If you want to share your opinion, have the cajones to really represent them. If you can't back up your words, then at the very least say that to begin with.

I should stop now, cause no one wants a novella.

I'm tired of people who do not take responsibility. I cannot tell you how much this irritates me, and what's worse - it's CONSTANT. Parents for their children, people for themselves and their behaviors, individuals for the consequences they invoke. I hate finger pointers. I hate:

____ made me do it.

I had to because of _____.

It's not my fault, I can't help it, I have/was/_____.

Own your friggin actions and reactions. I didn't make you mad, you reacted to something I said with anger. I didn't make your feelings hurt, you reacted to something I said with some emotional affect. This is everywhere. It's one of our worst plagues, a plague of irresponsibility, apathy and ignorance. We're catering to the lowest common denominator.

I'm sick and tired of schools not teaching critical subjects at younger age, or even as mandatory in older ages. Things like personal finance, communication, ethics & diversity, critical thinking... all of the above normally aren't taught under college, and then, they're electives or aligned with major programs. I understand the limitations, but I would really like to see this change. I'd MUCH rather have been able to study finance than geography. I can learn the geography on my own if I need it. The finance - not so much. Lessons learned in geography - I've pointed to the wrong place on a map, or lost a game of Trivia pursuit. Lessons learned in personal finance - I'm up to my eyeballs in credit debt, had to declare bankruptcy, or don't know what 401k is.

I'm tired of people who think they're owed something. Again, something that applies all over the place. Be glad you have what you do, and you're ebing given what you're already being given. Want more? Go work for it. Want more than that? Find a way to work more. Quit looking for ways to make it my responsibility to hand it to you.

I'm tired of kick ass interior designers because I'm jealous of them, see their gorgeous pics, realize I don't like something about my house, and then spend $$$ to get equally mediocre results.

I'm tired of young kids acting like, looking like, and being whores. This is a gender neutral statement. When I was 12 I wasn't worried about whether or not I gave good head. I was worried about making the all-star team. I feel a sick sort of pity for these people. Someone or something has influences their behavior, and as a society we're unequipped and uneducated about what we can to do help. And our culture is rewarding and inciting this behavior. Hmm, I wonder why it doesn't change...

I'm tired of people who still write checks or, more specifically, wait until their entire cart is rung up befire beginning to manually write the check out. There are only two places that need to wait. C'mon, you can do it, go ahead and write the store's name... there you go!

I hate that people who intentionally work high-risk, dangerous jobs are "heroes" for doing exactly what they're paid to do, when they're paid to do it. These are employees, not heroes. They agree by having the job that X risk is acceptable in exchange for X reward (intrinsic, extrinsic). If you're a cop, you kind of have to know that you have a chance of being shot at. If you're a firefighter, you might get burned. If you're a lion tamer, you might get bitten. You can't be surprised/in shock/disbelief if these things happen, and you're not a hero for going through it.

I'm so sick and tired of people who actually think that not forwarding me the email with the puppy pics and rainbows will cause them 10 years of bad luck, or that they're really going to miss out on the free $20 Applebee's gift certificate.

I hate tramp stamps. I hate that everything is a lawsuit. I hate infomercials about starving children. I mean - if you feel for them that much, teach them how to shoo a fly while you're there filming.

I hate people who only show up in discussions or debates long enough to take a jab and run away. I see this much more on the internet than in real life. I attribute that to anyonymity. If you poke your head in the door, I still know who you are. If you post "I think this, now I'm done with this thread, bye!" - not so much. If you want to share your opinion, have the cajones to really represent them. If you can't back up your words, then at the very least say that to begin with.

I should stop now, cause no one wants a novella.

I worship you, Wheetsin! I agree with every single freakin' word you just wrote.

I worship you, Wheetsin! I agree with every single freakin' word you just wrote.

Me too.....Wheetsin You Rock! I wish you kept going!

I really don't think I ask for much from people. Seriously, how hard is it to not do anything mind-numbingly stupid?

I still think that we should have age incremented IQ tests. If you're not on an upward trend you are put on a deserted island in the middle of nowhere. They would have the natural resources to stay alive, but if they couldn't cut it, too freaking bad.

Oh and if I hear one more person say, I hate myself or that life isn't fair, I'm going to castrate someone.

Life sucks. Deal with it.

I agree 100%. I hear this damn kids here at school complaining because they don't have time study after they party or don't know who they "hooked up" with over the weekend..can't they see they are creating these problems??? UGH...

Well Wheet, I agree almost wholeheartedly... but I must take issue with your comments about Geography. After all, we really must take into account that "I believe that osama...some people don't have maps. As such... Iraq and South Africa," etc.... :rolleyes

Elisabeth Hasselbeck is one person that I would love disaappeared into thin air. Seriously. If she left the view and moved to Bangladesh and we never heard or saw her again, it would be a better America!

One thing I find interesting is that so many of the people who are ultra-conservative, like Hasselbeck, haven't figured out the damage they're doing. They are so abrasive and insistent on their beliefs being the law of the land, they are causing many mainstream people to want to join the fight for getting "under God" taken out of the Pledge and "In God We Trust" taken off our money. If they'd just shut their yaps up, things would be reasonable around here. No one wants religion crammed down their throats... be it Muslim or Christianity. And they sure don't want it to be the law of the land!!!!

OUCH!!!!!!

I hurt my neck nodding so hard in agreement with Wheetsin and BJean!!!!

Keep on going! You both put thoughts into easy to read, easy to understand written word! I find myself agreeing, without ever having thought about some of these things in the first place!!! I learn from both of you...

Kat

I get so irritated with people that seem to think that Christianity should get a free pass, just because it's Christianity. Know what I mean? Personally, I think a radical extremist is a radical extremist, whether he/she is a Muslim extremist, Christian extremist, or Hindu extremist. One isn't somehow more acceptable than the other.