Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

On how many calories do u feel full after a meal or in a day after gastric sleeve?

After how many calories do u feel full after a meal or overall in a day base ur answer on not a specific target of calories given my ur nutritionist but the number of calories after which u feel full . How many calories needed to feel full after 1 month, 3m ,6m, 8m and 12m post op. I will appreciate ur answers.

Sorry, I don't even keep track of calories! I keep a spreadsheet of only Protein grams and the ounces of liquids.

I am only 3.5 (almost 4) weeks out and right now calories has no effect on my feeling full. I am barely able to stomach soft foods still (although am finally eating SOME soft foods.) With the baby food or purees I can eat 4 tablespoons no problem but STILL feel full. With more "bulky foods" for example I can't eat that much. I tried tuna fish with mayo last week as recommended by the dietitian, and I was only able to get down about 2-3 tablespoons before I was uncomfortably full. I am finally eating slow too. (Actually took up loom knitting and try and knit a row or two between bites!) I don't really experience hunger at all though. They say that is normal.

Depends on the type of food! I can eat many more calories worth of carbs than heavy Protein before I feel full. Been that way at all stages. Protein and fat fills me quickly, even now at over a year out maybe 100 calories, 150 tops. Carbs I could do as much as 300 or so.

Try not to focus on calorie count so much. Track your Protein and get your fluids. Stay away from the carbs the calories in starches are low and touted as fat free but it all turns to sugar in our body. Protein protein protein

It's been my experience that:

200 calories of chicken make me feel fuller for longer than 300 calories of rice.

200 calories of chicken make me feel fuller for longer than 500 calories of cake.

200 calories of chicken make me feel fuller for longer than 600 calories of tortilla chips.

My Protein Drinks are 160. I use them as a meal and I feel full. I'm 6 weeks out from surgery. If I eat an egg and baby bel cheese mini I am full but calories are only 120. So calories depend on consistency of food your eating. At 6 wks out, I still can only get in around 475 calories per day

Calories are needed for energy and body function. It's not just about feeling full.

Your obsession with calories is a little strange and seems possibly unhealthy.

Please don't take this the wrong way, but I wonder if you should really be considering surgery at this point in your life.

Edited by woo woo

I completely agree with @VSGAnn2014...solid Proteins (fish, poultry, tofu) make me feel much more full for much longer than anything else, including liquid Proteins.< /p>

Calorie counts don't seem to matter much, but I'm sticking to low-carb, lower-fat options until I reach my goal weight and my nutritionist agrees to change my eating goals.