Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I need some encouragement

I'm upset post op 6 weeks not losing weight. I only lost 17lbs I'm stuck between 219 and 223.

In the morning I weigh myself I weigh 219 at night I weigh 223 , which is correct?

I'm feel like a failure! I workout and nothing coming off

mzdee, did you work out a lot pre-op?

If not, you're building muscle weight, and your working out hard is making you body / muscles retain Water.

All that means is that you're building a body with more muscle mass that long-term will burn more calories.

This is a marathon. You ain't gonna lose it as fast as you fantasized.

put the scale away ... you are going to drive yourself nuts ... you are probably seeing the difference in Water overnight as you dehydrate ... be patient, you will get there ... what are your workouts like?

I'm upset post op 6 weeks not losing weight. I only lost 17lbs I'm stuck between 219 and 223.

In the morning I weigh myself I weigh 219 at night I weigh 223 , which is correct?

I'm feel like a failure! I workout and nothing coming off

this is a great point and one my NUT had to remind me about ... muscle does weigh more than fat, so, if you are developing muscle, you will in theory lose less weight at first but in the long run will be much better!

mzdee, did you work out a lot pre-op?

If not, you're building muscle weight, and your working out hard is making you body / muscles retain Water.

All that means is that you're building a body with more muscle mass that long-term will burn more calories.

This is a marathon. You ain't gonna lose it as fast as you fantasized.

well, officially through week 8 today ... my stomach is getting a little more cooperative, but, I am still hesitant to add new foods .... for a few reasons I suppose ...

1. right now my diet keeps me pretty much on an Adkins diet .. which is great for losing weight - so why rock the boat?

2. I am scared to add new foods for fear of upsetting my stomach

3. a small part of me fears that if I start to eat new foods I will mess up and start to gain weight ...

as predicted though, the weight loss has continued to slow ... only lost 2 lbs last week, but, I have lost quite a bit in 2 months and I am working hard on being happy with that :)

I continue to workout 6 days a week ... cardio 6 days and then lift weights 3 days a week ... so, I am definitely adding muscle which may explain the slowed weight loss - who knows - maybe it is just normal?

one thing I am proud of is that I had to order new scrubs for work ... went from XXL being very baggy to XL fitting well ... perhaps they are baggy, but, I miss how loose the old XXL felt b/c they helped me appreciate how much weight I had lost ... I suppose in another couple of months these scrubs will be loose and I will be happy about that again :)

weekly update ... lost 6 lbs this past week ... down to 267 ... I have tried to eat some new foods, but, for the most part, staying to the following script daily

- Breakfast ... Vitamins and cottage cheese (shoot for 1/2 a cup of cottage cheese, but, probably closer to 1/4 cup depending on how full/nauseous I get from the vitamins)

- lunch ... grilled chicken, fresh bell peppers, guacamole, ranchero Beans ... usually a small amount of each with an emphasis on the chicken OR

salmon with mashed potatoes

- afternoon ... typically like to take a EAS Myoplex shake ... 42 grams of Protein - I try to spread this over 2 hours

- dinner ... usually an Isopure zerocarb drink (apple melon is my favorite) ... I also try to spread this over 2 hours

last week I tried adding some raw peas as a dinner snack but that didn't sit well with the stomach, so, I am going to try fresh spinach this week

workouts are 6 days a week ... 25 minutes of cardio and weights m-w-f .... 45 minutes of cardio (elliptical) Tuesday and Thursday ... then I run/walk on Saturday ... stretch daily and rest on Sunday

one question for everyone though ... I felt like I hit a literal wall yesterday where I had little to no energy for the majority of the day ... I haven't felt that tired since week 2-3 ... is that normal? after taking a nap for a couple of hours and getting some more Protein in, I started to feel better, but, that really sucked and I didn't feel much better until close to 3-4 pm