Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Accountability Group

Ok. It looks like we all took the day off from posting yesterday. I took a day off at work as well. It was so very nice to be off on a Saturday!

It is Easter Sunday! HE IS RISEN! Jesus Christ was born to die for the sins of the world. I know that can be both easy to say and hard to comprehend all at the same time. The eternal God who is completely Holy and without ANY sin sent his only son to be born of a virgin. But is does not end there. He lived a pure sinless life. He was in all way tempted just like you and I, but he did not give in to sin. He was betrayed by one of his closest friends to be given over to the "religious" folk of that day, who then gave Him to the Romans to be beaten and crucified because they were so "religious", they could not do it themselves. As he died he cried out "It is finished!" The sacrificial system of bringing sacrifices to God was now over. Jesus Christ was the final and perfect sacrifice. The wrath of God was eased.

The story continues however. On the third day, up from the grave He arose! He did not stay dead! He spent some time here on earth with his followers and then went to be with is father in heaven once again.

We (sinful flesh), can now have a relationship and fellowship with the Holy eternal God of the universe. This was all made possible through Jesus. The only thing you can "do" to have this relationship and fellowship with God is to accept the free (to us) gift of salvation by grace (something you get that you do not deserve) through faith (which is also a gift granted by God). I pray that we all would embrace this truth!

I wanted to share a video that defines my King, Jesus Christ.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yzqTFNfeDnE

Whew... too much Easter. I am on the sunshine and outdoor path. The junk food is going to the kids mission. Thanks Bacon , for the video and I did truly grasp it! Thankful for Everlasting life! Love one another. Hoping the accountability can be the courage for each of us to go on with our wellness journey!

We have an interesting seminar tomorrow night at my WLSupport group. A master gardener will be discussing some healthy tips. This should be a great topic. More about it after the meeting. Eating healthy whole foods has been one of my best changes over my journey.

B rice krispy bar

L chicken stir fry

D Egg salad

s fruit slush

water, Water, water

On prednisone for inflammation issue. Feeling hungrier than normal. 3 more days of the medication then I should be back to my old self. This too shall pass!~~

Who all is this group open to? I had the Sleeve done.

@@CrissyBat feel free to jump in. I'm sure everyone will welcome you with open arms!

@@CrissyBat feel free to jump in. I'm sure everyone will welcome you with open arms!

Thanks you. :D:D

The struggle was hard today.

B 3 bites of Yogurt

L 1/2 a bottle of Premier shake

D 2oz of chicken broth

S 1/2 a container of SF chocolate pudding

21 oz of Water.

I hope everyone had a wonderful Easter.

I am still having trouble eating anything. I am headed out of town on a secret mission for work so seeing the doc is out for the week. The plan is pretty simple. Eat only when hungry and dont get stuck. I am going to get back to walking. I want 15 min elliptical tonight is the goal.

Planning on two Protein Shake meals and a sensible dinner tonight. I want to walk at lunch today and get my stairs in. Happy Monday to all.

Me too, @@JustWatchMe, I will do 2 shakes and a small dinner.

As @@punkinvine said, "too much Easter"! Onward....

I'm still dealing with these stitches until Friday, so exercise is limited. I will get out and walk at least three miles this evening though.

Hope you guys have a swell day. Except you, @@bacon, I hope you have a "less swell" day so that you can get some stuff through that tight band!

Let's make it happen!!

Hi All,

Checking in....I wish I could say my stress levels are better but oh no! Had an interesting holiday weekend. We had an afternoon wedding on Saturday so I had to do the best camouflage make up job ever so no would know I have been sick for days and days. I did a great job, just had to be careful not to smile or laugh too much so my face didn't crack!

Just as I was in the PJ's finally at home and face all lathered up to take the war paint off...we got a call that my step son was in a car accident. So I threw on the sweat pants and scrubbed the face clean and old sickly was back..running shoes on to the ER. Sunday morning surgery with the plastic surgeon. Let me tell you...titanium alloy eye glass frames might be indestructible...but when they are on your face and the air bag hits you....your face is going to pay the price!

My step son is OK after some nice plastic surgery to his eye socket and his head, these frames cut right to the bone, but low and behold he goes to check the car out this morning before it goes to the body shop, and the glass don't have a scratch on them!

Ah well...eating has been pretty on point cause with all this who wants or can eat? My band is definitely letting me know it's there and not happy with my crazy life.

I think I'll give it a few more days off from the gym...and maybe take the doggies for a walk tonight I could use the fresh air!!

Hi All,

Checking in....I wish I could say my stress levels are better but oh no! Had an interesting holiday weekend. We had an afternoon wedding on Saturday so I had to do the best camouflage make up job ever so no would know I have been sick for days and days. I did a great job, just had to be careful not to smile or laugh too much so my face didn't crack!

Just as I was in the PJ's finally at home and face all lathered up to take the war paint off...we got a call that my step son was in a car accident. So I threw on the sweat pants and scrubbed the face clean and old sickly was back..running shoes on to the ER. Sunday morning surgery with the plastic surgeon. Let me tell you...titanium alloy eye glass frames might be indestructible...but when they are on your face and the air bag hits you....your face is going to pay the price!

My step son is OK after some nice plastic surgery to his eye socket and his head, these frames cut right to the bone, but low and behold he goes to check the car out this morning before it goes to the body shop, and the glass don't have a scratch on them!

Ah well...eating has been pretty on point cause with all this who wants or can eat? My band is definitely letting me know it's there and not happy with my crazy life.

I think I'll give it a few more days off from the gym...and maybe take the doggies for a walk tonight I could use the fresh air!!

@@lisacaron, I'm so sorry to hear you had a bad weekend. Glad to hear your step son is safe. Ya'll are in my prayers.

Greetings All,

Well back to work for me tomorrow. I've already pack my possible meals. Wish me luck.

Today I had:

- 1 scrambled egg

- 1 Premier shake (throughout the day)

- Tried drinking my Water today but every time it felt like indigestion. So I didn't do too much Water. Anyone experience something like that when drinking water?

@@lisacaron, holy cow what a weekend you had. Best wishes for your son.

My day was okay but I found myself emotional and had a little indulgent cry on my lunch hour walk. Got my stairs in before noon and walked 2-1/4 miles at lunch. Had two Protein shakes during the day but then got stuck on my first bite of ground beef and had to postpone dinner for a few hours. Just had chicken now and some toast. I didn't overdo it, just ate quite late.

I had planned to make a dent in some legal stuff tonight but instead I went to a CODA meeting and I'll tackle it tomorrow. This divorce is kicking my ass.

I decided that house hunting is stressing me out right now. I can't sensibly determine my price range and it's just making me anxious. One thing at a time. I won't rule out open houses but I'm not going to add more "shoulds" to my plate today. I need to cut myself a break.

I have a counseling appointment tomorrow. Thank God.

You all have helped me whether you know it or not. I'm so glad I found this thread. Thanks for starting it, @@s_suther! And because of @@bacon and his challenge a few weeks back, now I am a daily lunchtime walker. Who knew?

You guys are the best.

GOOD MORNING!!!!

@@lisacaron - can't imagine getting that kind of call. I'm glad all is well and hope you were able to get a walk outside yesterday.

@@CrissyBat - I get stuck on Water sometimes, it's the worst, and will slime and/or PB. Those of us posting here are gonna be a little different, we're all over a year out of lap band surgery. I have a friend that had a sleeve and she and I are slightly different in our experiences. Sorry I'm not more help.

@@JustWatchMe - glad you are cutting yourself a break. You certainly deserve one! I hope you were able to find some peace and rest last night.

@@2babutterfly - how are things, girlie?!?

@@enjoythetime - missing you!

@@bacon - hope your top secret mission is going well.

@@punkinvine - looking forward to next time you pop in and post!

Moving right along around here. Like @@JustWatchMe, I'm stressed about house hunting. We can't find one to meet our needs and are learning the art of patience. I need to settle some things as well, get some test results and talk to my lap band surgeon about the swallow test. I think it's all contributing to the funk. NO whining and no excuses, right?!?

My plan is to go to liquids for a day or two to undo the damage I've done over the last couple of days. I am on a huge guilt trip for eating unhealthy and for eating when I wasn't hungry. I know better. Today I am going to listen to my body. I will eat/drink only when hungry, get my Water & Protein in, and go from there. If I need solid food for dinner, I'll have some Protein, probably eggs.

We walked almost 5 miles outside last night. It was wonderful. Today is rain and storms, so exercise will be inside tonight. We'll do a Leslie Sansone video this evening.

I will post tonight for accountability. Hold me to it, please.

Good Morning... just been a long night. I was diagnosed with shingles! OH JOY! I have and antibiotic and need some pain meds! God has a plan and I will make it through this hurdle. I cannot be around elderly and small babies till Friday. Hubby announced he will be my Mom's Nurse till Friday. LOL... he said when he told her he thought he might have to call the ambulance. The homecare people are taking up the slack. At least I hope they are. Daughter in law sent food for Mom.

Cup of milk for Breakfast

Soup... ham and bean for lunch

dinner roast chicken and carrots.

snack.... cashews.

Dessert.. pain pills!

Praying for healing for the step son in the accident! Ouch!

All of you are in my prayers that your food plan can support your body in a kind way. Keep going toward your goal of health! Thankful you are my friends!