Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

My nutrition seems off-balanced

I'm 3 weeks out and for the past 10 days or so, I've been extremely turned off by food and any liquid other than iced Water. I struggle everyday to come up with things to try to change this, but not having real nutritious food is having a big impact on me. I feel like my body needs fruits, veggies and whole grains--yet the 20 or so items I'm allowed to eat are not cutting it.

I'm getting light headed when I bend down or stand up too quickly and I'm absolutely exhausted all the time. I have an appointment with my surgeon Tuesday, so I will be discussing this, but I'm afraid my body is going to turn on me and I'll end up in the hospital.

Anyone else have this happen to them? And how do you get over it?

@@ready2livenow I know it stinks that you don't feel like anything is good but you have to eat! At least drink your Protein Drinks or you will get sick. It sounds like your already having symptoms. Your going to have to do it!

What stage ae you are? I was on full liquids the first 2 weeks and I had small amounts of non fibrous fruits and veg. I simply liquefied them in my nutra bullet. This is also why those Vitamins and supplements ate important. What items are you allowed? Are you meeting all your Protein and fluids goals yet? These things may also be playing a part in the light headedness you are feeling. As a vegetarian I understand missing the crunch of fresh fruit and veg however at 3 weeks out your should be able to get the nutrients from these foods in liquid form.

You have to retrain your body to eat right. For years we've all been eating the wrong food at the wrong time for the wrong reason. I eat two to three ounces of food every 2.5 to 3 hours. We're like toddlers learning to feed our bodies the right way. try to find nectar it dissolves perfectly in everything and has no flavor it's an ISO Protein and will give your body a lot of what you need without the flavor.skipping meals is the worst thing we can do now. Be sure you're feeding your body and you will start to feel better. Look for a copy of the book The emotional band aid kit. It's a bariatric Bible.

I know what you mean. I'm not quite 2 weeks post op and I've been drinking v-8, having Amy's organic Tomato Soup with Mercola's whey Protein unflavored & minimally processed. Dr. Matthew Weiner, A bariatric surgeon has a YouTube video about what to eat the first month after surgery. I like him because his food suggestions seem healthier overall. If you view it and like his suggestion, maybe you could and show it to your surgeon and work out some healthy food options specific to you.

Can we talk in the chat room ready to live I'm available in the chat room?

I believe you may be creating this in your mind. Consume adequate Protein and hydration and you are okay. Your body can survive without those foods you mention for a bit....although you may feel uber cruddy for awhile. First 3 weeks were awful. I think about 12 weeks post op I declared myself human again. I have no idea who these people are that post how they feel GREAT a week post op...

I'm 3 weeks out and for the past 10 days or so, I've been extremely turned off by food and any liquid other than iced Water. I struggle everyday to come up with things to try to change this, but not having real nutritious food is having a big impact on me. I feel like my body needs fruits, veggies and whole grains--yet the 20 or so items I'm allowed to eat are not cutting it.

I'm getting light headed when I bend down or stand up too quickly and I'm absolutely exhausted all the time. I have an appointment with my surgeon Tuesday, so I will be discussing this, but I'm afraid my body is going to turn on me and I'll end up in the hospital.

Anyone else have this happen to them? And how do you get over it?

Be sure you're getting enough Water, those are similar symptoms for dehydration. Be sure to get in enough Protein, that's your nutrition for now, the other foods will follow. You are also only 3 weeks out, its going to take time for your new stomach to heal, this is a learning curve and your tolerance for foods is going to change for a while. Be patient, its a lifetime journey.

Edited by vincereautmori

I've seen the Anthony Weiner videos on YouTube. He does not promote eating vegetables first until a patient is 6 months out. And even then, I would not begin to do so without the approval of yoyur bariatrician and careful guidance of a nutritionist.

The dizziness or "feeling like you are going to faint" are classic signs of dehydration. I would start increasing your liquid and Protein intake right away. If you had this surgery to get healthy, then follow the set guidelines.

Not sure who Anthony Weiner is, but this was in reference to Dr. Matthew Weiner, a bariactric surgeon, and he does promote eating vegetables fairly soon (a spinach and fruit smoothie once full liquids are tolerated) and cooked vegetables at the beginning of phase 2 when soft foods are typically introduced. His video on uTube - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J420pX3vfpI.

I've seen the Anthony Weiner videos on YouTube. He does not promote eating vegetables first until a patient is 6 months out. And even then, I would not begin to do so without the approval of yoyur bariatrician and careful guidance of a nutritionist.

The dizziness or "feeling like you are going to faint" are classic signs of dehydration. I would start increasing your liquid and Protein intake right away. If you had this surgery to get healthy, then follow the set guidelines.

That would have been a deal breaker for me. I can't imagine anything more unhealthy than not eating a single vegetable for 6 mths. 6 weeks I might consider, 6 mths no way, no how. I can understand not eating any fiborous veg for 6 months out of concern digestive issues, but that''s as far as I would be willing to limit myself.

FYI- Anthony Weiner was a NY representative who resigned from a sex scandal, so I know he wasn't promoting vegetables. LOL

FYI- Anthony Weiner was a NY representative who resigned from a sex scandal, so I know he wasn't promoting vegetables. LOL

:blink: :D