Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Ahhhh, a fill

I was so excited and nervous about going to TJ to get a fill (I'm afraid of heights) but now I am so happy I did.

I will probably never fly to San Diego then go to TJ and return to Chicago all in the same day again but it was worth it.

I thought getting a fill was just something I had set my mind on but after getting it I felt that "new fill" difference.

I'm on the liquid stage still. However, the scale finally moved! (It had been over 3 months!)

Hi Veronica

I'm so happy to hear it all went well for you on Saturday..you did not get lost and made it OK..that is great! Isint it great to feel a difference..maybe this fill will be just what you needed to get the scale moving again..I know the 2nd fill for me has been my sweet spot..I have been losing 2-3 lbs a week since I got mine on August 17th..This morning I hit 61 lbs ...What did he fill you to? How did you like his new office? Isint Gabrielle nice?? ( the new secretary)

Glad your home safe and doing good! Email me and tell me all about it when you have time

Love Ya..

Michelle,

I think his new office is really nice. Gabriela is also very nice. Well, I am now at 2.2, I guess it was time for a fill. ;)

I could not even think about another fill I think I am strange. I had one fill with the swedish band and I am only at 2cc and if I am not careful I can still pb... I avoid bread almost always because that gives me the most problems. I am not loosing more than ... let's see I have lost 40lbs since june oh hell howmany weeks is that 17 weeks 2.3 per week hey that's not as bad as I thought if I average it out. However I lost 15 of the 40 the first 3 weeks on the liquid diet. And if you take that away I think I am about 1.6 a week, still cool. I don't know if I will ever get another fill.

Rica,

I lost 15 of the first 25 pounds during the first three weeks also. After the first fill, I lost 10 pounds and went up and down 3 of those 10 pounds. I lost those 10 pounds during the first two weeks after the fill. I hope that doesn't happen again. I kind of don't want to get off the three-day liquid stage because I am afraid I will gain 1-2 pounds or stop losing weight again.

Hey don't get me wrong I completly understand that everyone is different... I am just a 1 fill girl. Hey but maybe if I were doing the up and down thing maybe I would fill again too. ;)

My surgeon said my stomach was small believe it or not, so he instilled a 6cc fill for me at surgery. I'm glad he did, I do have pretty good restriction. I haven't pb'd yet, but have felt like I was close to it a time or two. Close enough to stand in front of a sink for a bit.

I lost 10 pounds in the 10 days, then also go up and down the scale about 3lbs. With each up being about 1/2lb less then the up before, then finally end up down 1 to 2 pounds by the end of the week.

Now I know why they started the scale challenge! That first time I realized I'd gained was really disappointing! Since I had this site to prepare me, I knew to expect this could happen. Seeing that scale move regularly helps me stay on track with Water, and better food choices, but I'm going to have to join that weekly scale challenge soon I think.

Pam does that mean he gave you 6cc's during surgery? So you came out with your first fill? I thought we were supposed to heal and all of that?

Katie, depends on what type of band you have. I have an Inamed, no fill at surgery, had to let it heal. I personally waited 2 months for my first fill.

Oh ok I gotcha'. I am waiting 6 or 7 weeks for mine as well. I thought with both bands that was pretty much an across the board thing. hmmm...very very interesting.....

Yeah, he put in 6cc at surgery, he said my stomach was small so to make it fit well it took a fill. I had the midband placed. I always knew I wasn't a big eater, I wasn't a binger at all, but grazed on bits of this and that all evening... frequent small meals are good for you when you're eating healthy food, but when you graze on high carb junk, like I did, you end up obese with a small stomach...

so has the band helped? Can't you still eat that way?...sorry a little curious