Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Help - 10 Days Post Op!

Hi everyone, I'm 10 days post op and I want to eat/drink nothing! I'm down 10 pounds since surgery and I've been really struggling. My sleeve is such a good girl too, she's not sore anymore, I've returned to work and I'm practically myself, except the eating. Okay, so here's the tea:

1. Problem: She doesn't like plain Water solution: I added just a few sprinkles of crystal light and I'm good

2. Problem: I'm Purees and I just can't find anything I want to eat so I'm still eating cream of chicken and Tomato Soup for at least three meals. No solution! LOL

3. Problem: I HATE the Protein shakes I was drinking, but am going to try two more tonight; someone suggested muscle milk and Premier Protein any others I should try?

I guess my concern is I know I'm still in the healing process but I don't have an appetite, I'm overwhelmed with you have to take this, drink that, eat this. I just want to be left alone!! LOL Now somebody help me please!!! LOL I'm kiddng, I need help, I need to get my appetite back and I don't want to stop losing weight.

Thanks for all of your support

Cynthia

I vote for Premier Protein, chocolate flavor. I've had at least one a day for the past 7 months. It's my standard Breakfast and carries me throuth to lunch (with lots of fluids in between). If your tummy is acting nice, you may be ready to transition to soft foods. Purees, tuna salads with fat-free mayo, cottage cheese, scrambled eggs (or egg whites), etc. My doc was pretty liberal about the transitions to new phases. He let me move on whenever I could tolerate new foods. What he doesn't let us do is eat carbs. "The fewer the better" is the way he puts it. Good luck on this awesome journey!

first of all.... congrats on surgery!!!

I really was not fond of shakes after surgery... so tired of chocolate, vanilla, ect. I like sweet things like juices. I have been drinking Syntrax nectar fuzzy navel Protein drinks. that company makes several flavors of fruit flavored drinks.< /p>

I like to flavor my Water now too. no biggie, just make it low calorie. addicted to iced tea now. things change and will continue to change. roll with the punches and adapt.

I also have a Premier Protein ready to drink shake every day for Breakfast. it helps insure that I get to my daily goal of Protein.< /p>

Thanks guys, I will work on this Protein today and just relax and let my new life take its course. I really can't believe this no appetite for food! LOL I guess I'll enjoy it while it lasts, I hear it fleeting.

@@oatmealgirl Premier Protein is great. I like the chocolate best but vanilla is great too. I would say you're only 10 days out and you should not be worrying about any of this stuff at all. At 10 days out I wasn't even supposed to be moving from "full liquid" to purees yet. Nothing wrong with keeping with the Soups for a while. I am still having trouble at meal times and am 3 weeks out as of yesterday so I often just do Soups still. My nutritionist says just go at your own pace!

Oh my Goodness Heynowkc, I'm so happy to hear you say that! I feel better. But I'm worried that I wont lose weight, that I'm not eating just Protein, etc. I have my first visit with the nutritionists on Tuesday and I can't wait for some reassurance that it's all in my head. Until then, you've made me feel much better! Thanks.

For those who are tired of the choc/vanilla/strawberry shakes I have found that extracts are a God send. Use vanilla as a base and add whatever flavor that floats your boat. Tho chocolate shake with real blueberries and a dab of blueberry extract can help you get the flavor and fruit you need. Amazon has almost every flavor you can think of.