Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Question...do you look older after your weight loss?

I'm 55 years old and down 103 lbs. Since I no longer fill out my wrinkles, in the mirror I look older, but people tell me I don't. If that's true, I can chalk it up to tons of Protein and fluids helping to keep my skin elastic. You can look at my gallery and judge for yourself. Either way, it's soooo worth it!!!

@@BLERDgirl you look awesome. I look easy ten years younger than 51 but was just looking in the mirror thinking that this morning. Surgery in the next month, upping my skin care routine. Not opposed to some cosmetic updates of I'm that uncomfortable.

I do have a few more wrinkles, but at least now I have a much better chance of living to see old age! :)

@@purrfctangel - Thank you. I credit my grandmother. She always had great skin. I also work at it. I never sleep with makeup on. l always wash and moisturize before bed. I use my mia each morning and drink plenty of Water.

@@Rogofulm ... you SO look younger. That picture of you in the red shirt is great. No worries. :)

@@allyray I recently did a side-by-side picture because I couldn't really see any difference in myself when I looked in the mirror. After looking at the photo, not only could I see the difference, but I had people tell me that I look 10-20 years younger. I thought exactly the same things about myself that you are, but quickly learned I was wrong.

post-233567-0-47719400-1420916048_thumb.jpg

You tell me! I'm an old lady, too.

@@LipstickLady

great pics :)

old lady??? :lol: :lol: :lol:

you look great "youngun ;) "

iMO - as people are losing weight, reach goal

they do look better than "before"

in other words a heavy person with an younger looking face will probably look older in general

but a person who is at a good weight - will look younger than before WLS

kathy

congrats

Edited by proudgrammy

@@LipstickLady dang girl you look hot!

Hmmm something I'd never considered. I'm coloring my hair but other than that nothing. Of course I'm only 40% down in weight. I may look haagish by the time I'm done. Ahhh that'd be a shame. Ha ha ha!

Gosh, you ladies look fantastic! Totally age defying. Congratulations to all of you!

My kids say I look younger, but I have wrinkles now and I didn't have any before. The overall look with body and face combined is definitely younger.

You tell me! I'm an old lady, too.

attachicon.gif1yearanniversary.jpg

attachicon.gifRM1024.jpg

Wow! I want results like that!!!!

I haven't been told I look younger or older, just completely different. Of course I have my dad and grandmother's lovely oily skin so it helps delay wrinkles. They both look 10 years younger than they really are.

post-233184-14209386334652_thumb.jpg

Everyone who sees me now says I look a lot younger. I'll take it!